Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
two of the dumbass' have their fingers on the triggers too, the other is mighty close to it.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They are a scary looking bunch!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Here's praying that sanity and common sense will prevail in an insane and non-sensical institution (government) on September 22nd.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Is September 22nd when the final vote on bill C-391 will take place?

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Do you have any constitutional gun rights in Canada? Can they really confiscate them as shown in that ad?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Reiche Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by doubletap
Do you have any constitutional gun rights in Canada? Can they really confiscate them as shown in that ad?

They can be confiscated at any time the government changes their status to 'prohibited'. A few years back, "saturday night specials" - short barreled .25 and .32's handguns were re-categorized as prohibited and confiscated.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Funny, I still got my 32 and short barreled pistols. They are called 12(6) handguns now. Got that stamped on the back of my PAL as acquire and possess that class of firearms. Sorry if you cannot. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It looks like it will come down to the NDP. If you are in a riding with an NDP member contact them now and encourage all your friends and fellow firearms owners and organizations to do the same. Even if you don't live in a NDP riding, contact your closest NDP organization and let them know how you feel.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I sent this earlier, although I doubt that I will receive a response. If you would like to send her an email, this is her address - vdhaywardgov.pe.ca

Ms Hayward,

For the life of me, I cannot fathom how someone who is supposed to be a responsible government employee, would pose for such a tasteless and asinine photo. Is this the work that citizens of the province pay you to do? The people of PEI deserve better than what amounts to three stooges, posing like empty headed numpties in the back of a pickup truck. This just isn't funny.

What can the people expect next? Your reenactment of a Goler family reunion, complete with photos, bankrolled by the province?

If my friends and I posed for a photo shoot like that outside my workplace, the police would have been called. I can only imagine what a judge would say after hearing a stupid explanation like, "But your Honour, it was only a joke!"

You seriously need to give your head a shake.

Honestly, the older I get, the more I want to grab the three of them by the scruff of their necks and publicly paddle them. They need to be pilloried in a public square and receive a good old fashioned ass whoopin'.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Hard to disagree with you, Steve.

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I went to the Charlottetown newspaper to see if this had garnered any press locally. I searched the site, but found nothing.

I wonder how many letters and emails her office has received? Will any announcements (apologies) be forthcoming?

I hope that there's more to the story.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good Posts fellas, hoping and praying for a change on this long gun registry. I read that 50% the RCMP are also on board, not so good. But granted that they- fear long guns more than handguns because of so many more falling to long arms here in Canada. I'd also want a safer work place. But you know if all those areas hit by sniper fire- if only they would have had a few of their own in the sniper nests prior -things may have gone more favourably for the kin involved and God bless them for the hard times they have gone through and their children. I also favour some kind of control but more directed to the criminal elements in our societies. I like the 3 strikes your out California type justice and let the guns go where they may.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The law in Canada has enough teeth to make it tough on the criminals, IF the courts would bare the teeth and let them come into play. (Without the long gun registry)

Brother Keith

D
D
Re vote on bill C391. No, not the final vote, September 22nd we will be voting against, (not to pass), a Liberal party members "motion" to end the committee hearing only, which would kill the proposed legislative changes, we must vote against that motion and win it, then, after we win, negotiate to get the original bill on the "Order of Precedence',(Private Members bills are not high on order paper), we hope to trade off and get a final, (Third Reading) before Xmas. If we win, it then goes to our Senate, where we have more control over the agenda, when and if they pass it, it then goes for "Royal Assent", and be law, getting rid not only of the requirment to register long guns, but destroy the database. As of today,we "think" we have the numbers,but several Liberal and NDP MP's are doubtful.. this is a tough fight.

D
D
Re Constitional Right to own or possess firearms in Canada, the short answer is "No", that said, they are "Personal Property" and some rights are there in law.Personal Property is a Provincial issue, (not criminal), C68 placed firearms owners under our criminal code. Sad... wrong..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Communistnazis at work as usual.

Anyone who thinks those cops wouldn't murder every worker peasant who did not turn in his evil firearms, doesn't understand how communistnazis think and operate.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
This whole issue is disgusting. How come no one mentions that knives kill just as many Canadians as guns........just scroll down a little more than halfway.....and this is from a STATCAN WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2010001/article/11146-eng.htm

Last edited by elelbean; 09/10/10.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I sent this earlier, although I doubt that I will receive a response.... If you would like to send her an email, this is her address - [email protected]..

Good one, Steve! I've just sent this; a little less venomous, although I basically agree with you:

Dear Ms. Hayward,

While I am all for the confiscation of criminals' firearms, this poster, although no doubt conceived in good fun, has at least one serious flaw (aside from making Canadians - and Gov't. employess at that - look like a bunch of goofs): you - presumably you're the one in front with the MP-5 - and the fellow behind you both have your fingers on the triggers! Yes, "we all know" they're not loaded and it's a staged photo, but it doesn't paint a very good picture of those who are in the exalted position of vetting firearms ownership for the hoi polloi.

Most likely the average gun-terrified Alan Rock-type citizen may not notice such a detail, but for those of us who responsibly own, handle and use firearms and have had the handling rules drilled into us, this comes off as a pretty serious beach of basic etiquette.

Frankly, I'd prefer to have seen a real pic of the criminal owners of these firearms being paraded down the main street in chains with their crimes on placards around their necks, but legal and social propriety alas doesn't allow this.

Yours sincerely,

I doubt I'll get a reponse either although if she gets enough flak, you never know.

smile Stuart

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good one Stuart. Of course we all know there are more deaths to knives and that number really is small compared to the number of people killed by Doctors and a failed medical system but no one seems to care about that issue either. It should be front and center. Take that wasted money by the liberals and put it in the medical system where it is needed and leave the law abiding taxpaying citizens have one little enjoyment in their lives before they end up dead waiting at the emergency at a hospital or dead because the list was 2 years to get an MRI from the time you first visit a Doctor and they make you jump through all these hoops and waiting months between each stupid test.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 1234, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 57 invisible), 2,195 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,560
Posts18,531,582
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.