Print Thread
Hop To
Page 457 of 1,842 1 2 455 456 457 458 459 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm putting a request in to Rick Bin to see if he can either put the entire classifieds on ignore for me or ban me from classifieds.

I think I can talk about my treasures now, I believe I have all details ironed out.

First I snagged a nice vintage vari X II leupold from John Barsness, 3-9 variable power which according to John is a "60's model" I wanted something like that for my old .308 (winchester lever model 88)

It's going to look awesome.

This initiates a musical chairs game for my scopes & rifles. Sort of a ripple.

See the 88 has a nice leupold FXII 4X scope on it now, this will go on my 9422M which is currently over scoped with an early USA marked flawless Burris FFII 3-9X 40mm in gloss black. It was the first "decent" scope I ever bought, it deserves to go on my M70 FWT 30-06 which sports a Matte finish FFII B-plex 3-9 that begs to be on my M77 220 swift....

(pause for deep breath, long sentences)

....Which has a nice clear 2.5-10 45MM bushnell that I'd like to see on my dad's scopeless M70 FWT 30-06 with FWT laminate stock...

Have I got everybody confused on the scope shuffle yet?

Good! LOL!!

I also picked up an "as new" seemingly unfired M70 controlled round feed classic sporter lt in 300 win mag with a set of leupold bases & rings and a USA marked Burris Fullfield (original fullfield, not FFII) 3-9 power 40mm matte finish.

I just sold a Thompson encore stainless 24" .243 barrel with a walnut forend & a 1 piece base to help with my purchases... And one of my "yard orniments" just went up for sale as well.

(64 ford galaxie 500XL 2 dr fasback, Z code 390/4 speed) which is a rusty project car.

One local has been hounding me for years on this one so I'm giving him first crack at it.

I'm heading down to meet up with Dusty for our fishing weekend soon.

You all have a fantastic weekend, good luck to the MN archery & small game hunters this weekend. Good luck to the kids taking part in the youth waterfowl hunt tomorrow (our boy RWS) and luck to those across the nation or where ever you are with these fall seasons upon us.

Wish us luck in the tourny (as if we need it)

grin

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if you want to part with that ballistic plex FF2 let me know, I'm kinda lookin for one for my 243. right now its wearing a burris fullfield 6-18 with open target dot wink
this never gets old does it? laugh

Last edited by Colorado1135; 09/17/10. Reason: oh and good luck fishin!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'll handle that 4'speed for ya. or is it a package deal?

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
if you want to part with that ballistic plex FF2 let me know, I'm kinda lookin for one for my 243. right now its wearing a burris fullfield 6-18 with open target dot wink

Ryan, if you don't buy dave's...I have a Burris FF II 1.75x5 I'd sell. It will have to wait until after gun season though, it's on my .280 that I'm using. It has a pretty heavy duplex.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by northern_dave
shoot we've already had frost.

Dusty and I will be fishing this weekend, but next weekend is a camp weekend. I know Tzone is coming up for sure, My dad may come up as well, not sure who else is coming but there will be some scouting, stand work, bonfire, bbq, maybe some shooting, grouse hunting... It's gonna be great! grin

Hmmmm....I just might be able to arrange a visit....

I think I can arrange a visit too. Jeremy might not make it, he could be hauling taters to Jamestown. If he can't make it I will talk to dad to see if he wants me to bring our trailer to use again to haul the Prowler & my wheeler.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

Dusty and I will be fishing this weekend, but next weekend is a camp weekend. I know Tzone is coming up for sure, My dad may come up as well, not sure who else is coming but there will be some scouting, stand work, bonfire, bbq, maybe some shooting, grouse hunting... It's gonna be great! grin

FNA you need to arrange a visit. I'm bringin the wheeler too Jim. hint, hint. smile It will be the maiden voyage for that too. It's only been in my yard, well since I've owned it anyway.

Alright Lungers! Let's DO IT! (Tombstone quote)

What day you going Tom? Friday? Or is a meet at Dave's early saturday morning thing? Or..or...what are you guys thinkin?? What should I bring? Shotgun..check. Shells...check. Wheeler...check. Beer...check.

Food/Supplies?

Talk to me Goose(s)

Last edited by Rooster7; 09/17/10. Reason: had to add sh*t

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ryan, if you don't buy dave's...I have a Burris FF II 1.75x5 I'd sell. It will have to wait until after gun season though, it's on my .280 that I'm using. It has a pretty heavy duplex.

I'm lookin for a 3-9 ballistic

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Muffy

I think I can arrange a visit too. Jeremy might not make it, he could be hauling taters to Jamestown. If he can't make it I will talk to dad to see if he wants me to bring our trailer to use again to haul the Prowler & my wheeler.

Heck ya! Woo loo loo loo!

I could even bring the bow if we want to try for some fresh camp meat. Course we may not have time to marinate it long enough to make it edible. That is when 'ol forky toes goes down.... whistle

grin

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

What day you going Tom? Friday? Or is a meet at Dave's early saturday morning thing? Or..or...what are you guys thinkin?? What should I bring? Shotgun..check. Shells...check. Wheeler...check. Beer...check.

Food/Supplies?

Talk to me Goose(s)

My plan is to head up friday morning if dave is cool wit it. I'd like to leave no later than 6. That should put me there at lunch time. I get antsy so it'll prolly be eariler than that.

I plan on bringing up a up a fresh pot of soup. I'll make that on wednesday. and beer, and the honda, and the remington and the glock (for the rez).

I picked up partridge swatting permit today so I'm legal this time, as always.

Last edited by tzone; 09/17/10.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I can paint that on the side for ya. laugh

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
BTW,

Good luck in the tourny Dave and Dusty. Hey...

Dave and Dusty...

The Double D's??

That is what you should register as and then wear big 'ol bra's on your heads!

grin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I can paint that on the side for ya. laugh

Has to be painted on the objective lens to be authentic.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Food/Supplies?

Talk to me Goose(s)

My plan is to head up friday morning if dave is cool wit it. I'd like to leave no later than 6. That should put me there at lunch time. I get antsy so it'll prolly be eariler than that.

I plan on bringing up a up a fresh pot of soup. I'll make that on wednesday. and beer, and the honda, and the remington and the glock (for the rez).

I picked up partridge swatting permit today so I'm legal this time, as always.

Oh crap! I have to go get my freezer pleezer tag!!!

Be right back! Zooooooooooom..............

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
16 honks this am lord i love fall...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave... Can I get a Camp Chickenbuck t-shirt?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just finished reading this whole thread!! cool

WOW!!!!

This is the BEST thread ever! Nothing like the memories of deer camp. It brings back some of my best memories from growing up. We have a piece of land down here - we don't have to deal with no stinkin' snow though grin- that has been in the family since 1909. Dad and I bought it from Grandpa 5 years ago and we have been making memories for my kids every since. My son, 2 years ago at age 7, killed his first deer in the same place I killed my first. I was with my grandad and will never forget that day. I lost PawPaw 3 years ago and we miss him everyday. I still have all the memories of him and dad teaching me to hunt, shoot, fish, drive, saddle ahorse, plow the garden with a middlebuster and horse, run a tractor... too many to mention!

Sorry for rambling on such a great thread Dave! I don't think simple words would ever express how much this thread and your family means to many of us. Thank you.

Last edited by Sixpack; 09/19/10.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Welcome to deer camp sixpack.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well hi Sixpack. Grab a ...well a sixpack and a chair. smile

Nice to see ya around the deer hunting forum.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Welcome to the thread Sixpack!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Ryan... Did you shoot a deer this weekend. A SUV passed me with a deer on the trailer. Yep, nubbie. grin

Page 457 of 1,842 1 2 455 456 457 458 459 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (219DW, 1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.