Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 458 of 1,842 1 2 456 457 458 459 460 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have an SUV anymore, so it couldn't have been me smile

besides I was working at my buddies farm all weekend helping him get ready for winter

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
On a serious note... I spent some time in the woods looking for thunder chickens and saw a bunch of deer. 3 different bucks, and two of them were already checking does? At least it sure looked like they were.

One 3pt chasing a doe, 1 at least 8 sniffing a doe, and a fuzzy horned spike standing 15 yards away for a good minute and a half. Goofy activity.

Flushed up 6 birds in 3 mi, and saw only 3 of them. It was still pretty thick, but can't think of nicer weather to be in the woods. 50's, sunny, a bit of a breeze. Just beautiful.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been just dying to get out in the woods and hunt. I was talking to a buddy the other day when i realized I have never shot a ruffed grouse. I've shot sharpies and spruce but never a ruffed. I might have to remedy that one of these years

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
BTW,

Good luck in the tourny Dave and Dusty. Hey...

Dave and Dusty...

The Double D's??

That is what you should register as and then wear big 'ol bra's on your heads!

grin

That must be what we did wrong grin next year we'll try that.

Welcome sixpack and thanks for the kind words.

Somebody get Bart a t-shirt, what size Bart? 4XL? grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would like a hoodie too now that you mention it. I wore my chickenbuck hat out on town yesterday, my son picked it out to wear smile

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Spend a good part of my weekend getting ready for winter too. Cut back the shrubs, picked up some plastic sheeting to cover up the A/C unit, even contacted the furnace guy to come over and tune up the furnace.

We still haven't had a frost yet and looks like we're safe for at least another week. Eagle River and Land O'Lakes, WI were in the upper 20's this weekend though.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Upper 20's??? We were 91 degrees yesterday and 63 degrees the night before.Cold weather really doesn't set in here until mid-November and even then it's not REAL cold.The really really cold weather here is from mid January to the latter part of March.Unually when deer season opens here in the middle of October we are in shirt sleeves and putting on mosquito repellant.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We had a great weekend on the lake. Dusty did well despite a very slow bite. Me, i didn't do so hot. Lets just say I was a really good net man for Dusty lol!

If I had done my part and boated walleyes fish for fish with Dusty we would have been in the money. But I just couldn't make it happen.

I did as well as another fisherman on the lake, probably the best fisherman on the lake who's name is Lonnie. Now that guy knows the lake and he's tuned in to it, and he had a bad weekend too.

Him and Dusty are good friends, fishing partners on Lake of the Woods. The guy talked so much chit going into the tounament that all we really wanted to do was beat him. And we did! grin So we're happy.

I went in to camp last night on my way home from fishing. The start of the "nasty stretch" now looks like this.

[Linked Image]

While was out there I checked my wildview cam. I had 110 pics in a half a week. Good pics but only one nubby buck in the whole bunch and the rest were does & fawns.

I flushed a grouse on my way to the wildview cam and it flew towards Dusty's stand where I was going next to set up his new bushnel tropy cam.

I had finished setting his camera up and I was walking back out to the trail when I heard the nervous grouse clucking noise ahead of me. I looked through the alders and spotted him on the ground. I had a ruger .22 pistol in my pocket, I took aim & popped him. About 20 yds, flop, flop, flop.... done. I was pretty happy about that.

[Linked Image]

Right close by Dusty's ladder is where I stood to take my shot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So I walked back to the cabin to clean the bird and unload some supplies from the truck. I opened the tailgate on the truck & cleaned the bird back there. While I was working on that I heard another bird, he wasn't too far out so I was thinking I'm going to bag this meat up in a zip lock, rinse my hands in the pond and make a swing behind the cabin & see if I can get that other bird. Well I bagged the grouse meat & took 2 steps towards the pond & I heard a bird flush. He was in the air for maybe 2 seconds & I heard a loud bonk noise. He flew into the side of the cabin! Lol! So I walked around to the side of the cabin & there he was. Big grouse, really nice. He was stunned, knocked himself out.

[Linked Image]

So, I stuck my foot out & stepped on his head. Then the flopping commenced.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/Picture019-1.jpg[/img]

That only lasted a second & soon he joined his timber chicken buddy on the tailgate of the pickup.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/Picture020-3.jpg[/img]

It's a 2 for one at the chickenbuck. Shoot one, get one free. grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL between jackrabbits and grouse you don't even need a gun, whats next? bobcats? deer? you da man Dave!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
off topic, but I finally got my pictures from my bear hunt 2 years ago! I thought they were gone forever

[Linked Image]

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I would like a hoodie too now that you mention it. I wore my chickenbuck hat out on town yesterday, my son picked it out to wear smile

I wore mine all weekend too. The only one that said anything was my wife, but that was probably because I wore it to a funeral.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Upper 20's??? We were 91 degrees yesterday and 63 degrees the night before.Cold weather really doesn't set in here until mid-November and even then it's not REAL cold.

I can see Stan shivering already. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
great picture! Nice bear!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
off topic, but I finally got my pictures from my bear hunt 2 years ago! I thought they were gone forever

[Linked Image]

That thing would make a perfect hat...just sayin. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dave I'll trade ya we got mooses down here, one down in Laporte, one just south of town, one in Buena Vista and two were hit last week by Kelliher.

Took the boys out goose hunting yesterday for the last day of early goose and we got two, should have had more but we dont care to pass shoot and cripple birds.

Boys got a little bored and went on a walk about when all of a sudden they come running back yelling bear, this gets me and the other guys attention and hands start going to shotguns.

Boys are really trucking considering their wearing knee high puddle boots. Get up to us and start saying they saw bear.....poop.

Well now that the adrenaline rush is immediately flushed we all had a good laugh.

Still hearing lots of yodel pups and wolves, another landowner stopped and asked if we could do something about them. So looks like fall is filling up fast.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Haha. That's funny. BEAR........poop. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

I wore mine all weekend too. The only one that said anything was my wife, but that was probably because I wore it to a funeral.

WHAT! laugh

I will have to place another Chickenbuck apparel order. If anyone is interested PM me with what you want, what size, and what color. Later I will set a date when I will turn the order in.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey, I'm thinking maybe some screen printed stuff? Something maybe based off this guy?

[Linked Image]

The graphics designer could clean it up and select the line work only and get rid of the paper background but the basic idea would be something like this?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Printed front and back is expensive, it makes the shirts cost about 20 bucks eack shocked

But front only they would be like 10 bucks or less I think.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey that looks great! Do you know someone who does that. If not I can check with the one who made our other stuff.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A little "cleaning up" on my own, I'm sure an actual designer could make it really cool.

Something clever here.

Page 458 of 1,842 1 2 456 457 458 459 460 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 1,620 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,289
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.