Originally Posted by cmg
[Linked Image]

whistle

Also built on a Remington action?

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What comes out of the custom shop is a whole nuther ball game than stock production. I wonder who's barrels they will use? McGowen maybe.

It's kind of like a car company showing a race car to promote it's self. Ain't nuthin under that body stock.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Pugs already hit it on the head regarding upgrade vs. new. In the acquisition world it is vastly simpler to "upgrade" something instead of acquiring something new. Even if the "upgrade" shares almost nothing with the original.

I'm sure this will be very successful. Would you want to be moving around the mtns of Afghanistan knowing there are trained snipers with 300 WMs looking for you? Probably not a plan for success for the the bad guys.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ringman
Obviously the Army does not now what they are doing. I mean everyone knows you cannot depend on a high magnification scope with a hard kicker like a .300 Win Mag.

I'm quite sure some of the more informed fellows will be along shortly to help me out with even more of this kind of info.

Pretty sure you are out on that broken limb alone.

Been done for years and being done daily by guys in the sand box using Leupolds, NF and SBs.

A great system in a great caliber that has been used for years by some of the SOF units.

BH

Last edited by BountyHunter; 09/23/10.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some of these boys just can't get over the fact that nobody competes with Remington actions when it comes to accuracy.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Some of these boys just can't get over the fact that nobody competes with Remington actions when it comes to accuracy.

That sums it up.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep, that must be it. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a fact.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Isn't really so. What is true is that the tubular action is easier to tune/blueprint and bed. Savage makes a great action for tuning/blueprinting. Given equal money spent, and care taken, the Savage action gives up nothing to Remington.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Is that why David Tubbs was able to use a Winchester pre-64 action and kick the but of those using the Rem-700?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's one

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is gonna be fun...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got a short action Rem "one Holer" that I built years ago,.....on a leeeeeean budget,...ALL of the resource available went into a quality barrel, and a Holland lug.

I've also got a CAN fulla' bust off Remington Bolt handles somewhere around here,...the two in the photo were chosen to illustrate how CRAPPY the production grade Copper braze process became, at one point,.......

I really don't have a dog in this fight, ......but it just seems WEIRD to recycle those actions, and I'll have to trust Pugs's call out on that.

PROPERLY planned refitting assumed, those "Run in" donor receivers have got potential for being the platform for WICKEDLY accurate 300WMs.

I'm just GLAD to see the services catching up to the ballistics that have been part and parcel of the 1000 yd competition game for so long, and hope those 220 messengers FEAST on our enemy's blood,.......IN SWARMS.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There's a distinct need for a sarcasm font on the campfire. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only reason you guys are using Remingtons is that your laws prevent your troops having AI's or Sako TRG's...Even the Mk13 isn't a Remington action..

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Well the UK is importing warmed over LMT's, no?

The church is near, but the roads are icy. The pub is far away, but I will walk carefully.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I ain't getting involved with this but I will set one thing right. You can't suppress a super sonic round but if you are getting shot at with a suppressed supersonic round, you cannot tell where it came from. You just hear the "crack" as the bullet passes you. That, is very important if you are the one pulling the trigger.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
I'm sure glad they are saving that $300 or so a rifle by reusing the old receivers.

Man, $28 million for 3,600 rifles.

You'd think Greybull won.

LMAO. First thing I thought of when I read it.....

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

Is that why David Tubbs was able to use a Winchester pre-64 action and kick the but of those using the Rem-700?

Never shot with GD Tubb but everyone I ever saw at Benning or River Bend was shooting push feed Winchesters, if using that brand

Not saying they couldn't use CRF just never saw one myself.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve of AR
Well the UK is importing warmed over LMT's, no?

So??? plus it's not a Remington!! wink

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,215
Posts18,485,497
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.