Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stonewall

"In both instances of the elevation and windage changes, the changes were made outward from the tension of the erector tubes springs, then back toward the springs thereby 'loading' the erector tube against the spring tension and giving it every chance to 'repeat'.

So, it seems that while this scope holds it's zero well, it doesn't track worth beans. I know that's not a new revelation, but I thought it would be interesting to post it anyway."

I saw Mr.Graybull taken out the back lash the other day on his video.
And the think we were worried about a bedding block.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
does anyone need a custom rifle to kill a deer?
how about chambering one in "AI" vs standard?
how about using a 257 weatherby magnum vs a 257 roberts inside of 300 yards?
do you need a S&B, or even a VX3 to kill most deer?

i mean we are here to discuss stuff we "want" not "need."

iron sighted lever action 30/30's with factory ammo killed lotsa deer

Last edited by SAKO75; 09/26/10.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by SAKO75

So do iron sighted handguns

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

Bob allready wants another one

Just a matter of time.

dave

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

The only one blowing smoke is you, Bob allready wants another one

The BEST you could do is hang a post where a good took a $500 loss on his scope. You failed to acknowledge the fact that guy couldn't trip his scope despite 11 months on "SH", which is apparently is THE place to sell S&B scopes. You also are confronted with the fact that lots of S&B scopes take a much bigger hit than $500.

And I'm the one blowing smoke?

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Apparently jim62 thought I was anti-Leupold. I had to decide between that logo or an American flag. The flag just didn't fit well to represent the "American made" scope.

Did he manage to dig down and get to talken about homos and such, like steelhead always does?

dave

Actually Dave, I would rather have THAT in common with Steelhead than agree with your mindless "ABL" bullpucky.

As to RD, Leupold avitar or not, he has moderated his level of BS and so will I.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Are you kidding I believe that we are in an ecomomic down turn.. "You can't be a becon if your light don't shine" Donna Fargo

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Calvin

The only one blowing smoke is you, Bob allready wants another one

The BEST you could do is hang a post where a good took a $500 loss on his scope. You failed to acknowledge the fact that guy couldn't trip his scope despite 11 months on "SH", which is apparently is THE place to sell S&B scopes. You also are confronted with the fact that lots of S&B scopes take a much bigger hit than $500.

And I'm the one blowing smoke?

You are wasting your time Calvin,

You are arguing with an idiot who claims Ft Bliss ,Texas is at sea level.

Originally Posted by Dogshooter
What difference does it make if your "ballistics program" doesn't calculate in 1/3MOA clicks? The data off the program is just a starting point anyway... if you're not shooting your actual drop chart, under field conditions, then you're just guessing when you turn the dial anyway.

In 2005 all of mine long range practice, chronographing and sighti-in was performed at sea level at Fort Bliss in El Paso Texas. My Antelope hunt was in Wyoming between 7,000 and 8,000 Ft of elevation. All of my pertinant info was locked into Exbal under sight in conditions and had been shot for verification out to 1,000 meters, but at sea level.
The first day that I arrived we went to the field to hunt. Exbal had made all of my corrections for the higher altitude and I was able to take an Antelope at 777 yards with only 1 shot fired. I did not have to re-shoot and re-recrd all of my data.

That is why one needs a ballistics soft ware targeting program that works.

Last edited by jim62; 09/26/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
That was in 2005, so I forgot the exact elevation but of course it is 7000 ft either now is it DA and my point is still valid

Last edited by jwp475; 09/26/10.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
S&B's kind of remind me of Rolex watches--excellent equipment built to last and hold its value, but their owners tend to forget that anyone can buy one.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SAKO75

Good point. You get to a point where the gains are just too damn expensive to justify anymore. Look at all the Greybull stuff going on here... Most people aren't willing to pay 6k for a Greybull. They are willing to put 2k into a custom they pieced together themselves though. The difference between a 2k "clone rifle" and a 6k Greybull isn't enough to make guys pull out their wallets.

And no, you won't find me carrying around iron sites anytime soon. Too much at stake.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"You have to retain your sense of humour .
Talking with Garth Kendig and many other people there rather reminded me of the Monty Python The Parrot Sketch:"

Yep,thats about right.
Actually kinda painfull.

dave

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Are you kidding I believe that we are in an ecomomic down turn.. "You can't be a becon if your light don't shine" Donna Fargo

You gonna blame GWB that S&B's aren't selling? (grin)

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

He's not in office, now is he?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That was in 2005, so I forgot the exact elevation but of course it is 7000 ft either now is it DA and my point is still valid

I'd say being off 3,900% (sea level vs 3,900 Ft elevation) is enough to make ones "point" invalid.

As well as their "credentials" to pic nits with a rifle builder over their choice of 1/3MOA clicks versus something else.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jim62
As to RD, Leupold avitar or not, he has moderated his level of BS and so will I.

Just dont try to tell RD that his eyes are lying to him.
You'll be fine.

dave

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I'd say being off 3,900% (sea level vs 3,900 Ft elevation) is enough to make ones "point" invalid.

As well as their "credentials" to pic nits with a rifle builder over their choice of 1/3MOA clicks versus something else.

The point was in changing elevation, surely you can grasp the concept.. Oh well maybe not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Too much at stake.

Your going to find that alot of people that run S&Bs.
Feel the same way.

dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
wow this thread is all over the place

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by dave7mm

Just dont try to tell RD that his eyes are lying to him.
You'll be fine.

dave

Show me one post I have ever made on this forum, where I said RDs eyes "were lying to him" based on HIS ACTUAL USE of any scope?

To all gunmaker critics-
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (3333vl, 300_savage, AdventureBound, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 13,843 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,335
Posts18,546,250
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.