Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4451275 09/26/10
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Well folks, I've had lots of people asking me as of late as to what I was doing with my spare time since I branched off on my own from Williams Firearms Company. Well, below is the answer.

The bases shown above are mounted a Kimber Model 84, which is the first models that I have available, but Remington and Winchesters will be available by the end of the week.

What I've done here is used a Brownell/Talley-style base and gave it the lines reminiscent of the square bridge Mauser design. This has greatly increased the surface area that is making contact with the receiver, increasing rigidity, but at the same time adding a lot of cosmetic appeal IMO.

The rings are manufactured in an entirely new way from conventional thinking, thus allowing me to add a contour to the outside profile, causing a nice slimming effect, without diminishing strength. This allows the rings to weigh less, keep their needed strength and add a classy touch.

These are all 100% CNC Machined from solid barstock. No castings or Metal Injection Molding.

These will be available in steel and 416 stainless. They will initially be offered in Low, which will be versatile enough to mount up 42MM plus objectives with BC caps. I'll have some more pictures up tomorrow illustrating that latch-up.

Ask about dealer and volume discounts!!

Steel Bases=$35.00 per set

Steel Rings=$75.00 per set

SS Rings=$95.00 per set

SS Bases=$40.00 per set

My website should have everything up to date by the end of next week, but you can order by emailing me direct at [email protected] or calling my message phone at 1-541-350-3798.
I can accept Visa or MasterCard, as well as personal checks or money orders for payment.
For the time being, shipments will be made via USPS at an $8.00 Flat Rate fee for up to 1lbs. It will take a lot of rings to equal a pound.

I'm also running a "10for10" special on these parts, which means the first 10 orders will receive a 10% discount FOR LIFE. No matter what item you order from me from here on out, you'll get the 10% discount. When you see some of the items I've got in store for the future, you'll be glad you're among the 10for10 crowd.

Please do not email me your credit card numbers. I've had customers do this before, but that is not a safe way to do it. Be sure to include your phone number and the best time for me to call, so that I can process your card number over the phone.

If you have question regarding the rings and bases, please email me directly, rather than private messaging. This allows me to keep better track of my customers and ensures I get back to you sooner.

Please keep in mind that I am a one-man show for now, so the likelihood of being able to reach me by phone without prior arrangement, will be slim. I will however return your call just as quickly as I can, if you leave me a message. You won't be talking to secretaries or anyone else but me.

These parts are just a sample of more to come and I hope you guys are as excited about them as I am to get them on the market.

This journey started nearly 20 years ago and it has been a passion of mine ever since. I never had a desire to build bottom metal. What I really wanted was scope rings, but bills had to be paid and contracts from Winchester took precedence over dreams of building them.

I've watched a lot of folks bring these products out on the market, with some being better than others, but none of them up to the standard I was expecting. They either had strength and lacked good "lines" or they simply were lacking in cosmetics and strength. Nothing seemed to fit the bill for me, which is what continued to fuel the fire to make this happen.

Well, they're here and I'm the only guy who's hand has touched them, which is good news if you're as picky as I am. I've taken the old phrase about wanting something done right, requires doing it yourself and put it to use.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VERY nice.

Will the Rem 700 bases use 6-48 screws or 8-40?

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
For the factory models they'll be 6-48, but I'll offer any of them with an 8-40 upgrade. It's very simple to do and I'll have that as standard order options soon.

I'm also going to be making blank bases at varying lengths, so you can place the holes where you like, as well as having no contour underneath for a real custom fit to your particular receiver.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Well, I'm off to get some shut-eye.....Been a long day and I suspect tomorrow will be even longer.

I'll check in to see what's happening in the morning, but please remember to avoid PM'ing me and send your orders or questions directly to my email at mattwilliams-machineworks.com.

Of course, responding on here is acceptable too.....(grin)

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Got a few questions for you Matt
will they be available for the 8400 kimber montana?
will the stainless bases and rings be available in a satin
or beaded finish?
on the williams firearms website the policy as stated is
We ONLY ship to the USA and Canada
will you ship to us aussies now you are going out on your own?
do you have plans for a quick detachable version? and will the talley quick detachables work with your bases?
and finally are you planning on making something that will
work for rugers?
i'll take a stainless set of bases for sure and maybe rings as well if i can get them in a satin finish for my kimber 8400, if you accept that as a definite order i can be one of the lucky 10%

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm up for a set now!!PM sent!!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Good looking products there Matt, best of luck to you!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those are AWESOME! Now just need to expand them for Mausers, large and small ring!

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Matt,

Kudos on the new enterprise!!
The rings abd bases look great. I do like those bases they way you designed them.
Thanks for the update and what you're up to.
Excellent pix and narrative.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
order sent

Who is John Galt?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Matt, those are very sweet looking.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yes they are...very nice!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Please tell us that they come with Torx screws . . . . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Matt,

Very nice. Sent you an email to order. I'm also interested in quick detach if available, hopefully that will also get me into the 10for10 club.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Well, you guys are keeping me busy, so I'm going to answer the questions as best as I can in a generic form to be posted elsewhere as well.

1. I will be making QD models, but they'll be a little further down the road.

2. These bases are adaptable to the Talley QD's and their standard fixed models.

3. I will be making them for Mausers in small and large Ring. I have 3 examples of Large Ring models, but I don't have a small ring currently for measurements. I'll work on that shortly.

4. Considering I posted this so late last night, I thought it only fair to extend the "10for10" discount out to first 20. The first 10 get their discount on today's order, as well as the rest for life. The last 10 get their lifetime discount on subsequent orders, but not on today's.

5. I've got requests for Brunos and CZ's, which will also be on the list, but I don't have access to those rifles yet. As soon as I do, or if someone would like to work with me on bringing those to market, I'll gladly supply them with a free set of rings and bases for their troubles.

6. Bases that that can be ordered today will include Kimber 84, Kimber 8400, Remington 700, Winchester 70 post, pre, post magnum (.330).

Again, please refrain from sending me PM's. I'm having a bear of a time tracking down multiple PM's and I don't want to miss anyone or have them miss out on their discount. If you email me direct, I'll have everything organized better and it'll save me a heap of time...

Thanks to all of you that have placed your orders.

Right now there is still an opening or two for the 10% discount.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Matt ... FWIW, your link still directs us to Williams Firearms.

Thanks

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for the heads up on that. Wish someone would have spotted that a while back, including me...(grin)

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It just took me to Hot Teen Ass.....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took me right to Lee24.com

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Guess that explains why half the orders are for screws loose and most are IN-The-White.........(grin)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,810
Posts18,516,427
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.