-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just bought a M70 300 H&H Bull Gun that was "upgraded" (excellent work) with checkering (original owner found it too slippery at Camp Perry) and a Pachmayr style pad (he also didn't like recoil). Yeah it's not a collectors gun but it is mint, has beautiful fiddleback and came with correct sights, an as new 1&1/4" Unertl 16X for about $1500 less than a bare "collector" gun.
We don't collect, we shot em' all.

The pad is marked on the back:

Ed's Sporting Goods
Lexington NEBR

Gun left WRA in 48' and no one in Lexington has ever heard of Ed.

Anyone remeber Ed's ? Thanks!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Newt-Condi 2012
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
btt

Newt-Condi 2012
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
"Thread pirates are like boils, they must be lanced right away. "

you have been, so I get to miss your posts .... so sad.

Newt-Condi 2012
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Have you considered that "Ed's Sporting Goods" might have been the manufacturer of the recoil pad and not a gun shop? You might try asking Vapodog on AR, as he claims to be from Western NE.

Jeff

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My grandfather lived in Lexington and he told me that Ed's was on the corner of W. 7th st. and N. Madison until about 1970-1971 when Ed passed away. Ed didn't have any boys (2 girls) and he had nobody to pass the business down to. His widow just shut it down. One of the big gun dealers in Lincoln bought the inventory.

Grandpa said that Ed did a pretty good business back in the '50s and '60s. He also said that Ed could get ornery but that he really was a good guy.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Lexington is now "Tijuana north" with a school system bogged down by kids for whom english is a 2nd language. I guess that we're on Larry's "ignore" list, so your information won't help him any.

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BossLady
"Threads by BossLady are like boils, they must be lanced right away. "

Fixed it grin

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
My grandfather lived in Lexington and he told me that Ed's was on the corner of W. 7th st. and N. Madison until about 1970-1971 when Ed passed away. Ed didn't have any boys (2 girls) and he had nobody to pass the business down to. His widow just shut it down. One of the big gun dealers in Lincoln bought the inventory.

Grandpa said that Ed did a pretty good business back in the '50s and '60s. He also said that Ed could get ornery but that he really was a good guy.

A cousin that lived near there back in that time said he had heard that Ed had been very active in a big poaching ring and they are still trying to locate all the guns he and his two friends were using. Sounds like they may become government property if located and somebody will surely be looking BossLady,Oldman?Karen up real soon. Think I would keep that rifle under wraps.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
"Thread pirates are like boils, they must be lanced right away. "

you ALL have been, so I get to miss your posts .... so sad.

what any of you idiots have to say isn't even worth consideration but perhaps there will be an ADULT member of the site who can offer something. Lexington historical society has also been nice enough to look into it for me.

Newt-Condi 2012
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I find it a bit ironic that the vast majority of people at 24HCF will go out of their way to help another member, but the vast majority of people at 24HCF have formed an unhealthy dislike for Larry in any/all of his reincarnations.

Why do you think that is?

Jeff

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
First of all, found out all about the shop, late owner and what became of the business thanks to some nice folks in Lexington.

Jeffie, had to read your post. Some facts you may find disconcerting:
1. My name is Karen
2. The vast majority (as you put it) consists of at most 5 regular and 5 more infrequent thread pirates out of 22,000+ members. Anyone who got past fractions in third grade would call that a "insignificant minority."
3. Those who stalk others' threads with no purpose but to lie, incite trouble and contribute nothing nor buy/sell anything from members wishing so to do are really poster children for the Troll sign.

Sorry to have to miss the pearls of wisdom dispensed by a tiny group of sexist fools, but you few and your buddies are all on ignore and many other members (at least according to my PMs and emails) advise just not bothering with your crap, leaving you on ignore and getting on with my business.

Last communication from me, just wanted to burden you with an alien idea to you: (facts)

Ironic isn't it how a fool such as you can delude himself into thinking people actually listen to him. Grow up! Karen

P.M. post away, this thread will no longer be read by this member

Last edited by BossLady; 10/01/10.

Newt-Condi 2012
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, you might be a woman, but you go by Lawrence "Larry" Root.

Jeff

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Is this the Larry Root who graduated from BMI in 1960?

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't know, but a person graduating from college in 1960 would be in his/her early 70s in 2010.

Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Well, you might be a woman, but you go by Lawrence "Larry" Root.

Jeff

I think his/her name was Larry before the sex change operation; now it's Karen.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,929 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,605
Posts18,532,691
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.