Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Dew Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Dateline did a number on Mr. Hinn tonight.

W

Looking for a new GPS for 2010?
Try the Bible.
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There's a switch! Usually it is Mr Hinn doing a number on the people.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
not too positive was it??

vincit veritas
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Saw Bennie once. That was enough. I trust God to use him, though, somehow for His good.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
God is not using those who teach and preach serious error. That is not to say that something good may not come out of it, but Bennie Hinn is a charlatan and a fake.

Jerry

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Do you think anyone Hinn has prayed for has gotten what was being prayed for?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not through Hinn.
The Bible says to call for the elders of the church, not go to some healer.
Jerry

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I know that as a believer my (our) sin are as they never were. But sins that believers commit do have consequences on this earth. I will not judge whether Mr. Hinn is in spirtual error, but making people collapse is of no bennefit that I know of. I personally think he has let money and the things of this world overcome him. Kind of reminds me of Jimmy Taker anf Tammey Faker. Doesn't it.

Pedro

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I know that as a believer my (our) sin are as they never were. But sins that believers commit do have consequences on this earth. I will not judge whether Mr. Hinn is in spirtual error, but making people collapse is of no bennefit that I know of. I personally think he has let money and the things of this world overcome him. Kind of reminds me of Jimmy Taker anf Tammey Faker. Doesn't it.

Pedro

But what you said indicates that you do believe he is in error. Money and fame and power are error.

Jerry

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
jmartin03,

But what you said indicates that you do believe he is in error. Money and fame and power are error.

If you don't mind, would you elaborate on your last statement, please?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Were Paul and Peter elders of the Church? I believe that "healers" do exist, but not of the flavor of Hinn.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Hinn is a religious charlatan. He lives life in the expensive lane. CBC which is as liberal a television network as it gets did an expose on his as well. He tipped the desk clerk at a London hotle $1,000 US dollars. He and his crew were eating meals that cost in the neighbourhood of six to eight hundred dollars.

This is money that people gave to God's work (and I'm not saying Hinn's work is God's work by any stretch of the imagination) for which the government likely issued a charitable tax exemption.

And nobody real sick ever gets "healed."

Paul started a number of Churches, and Peter was certainly an elder. More than that, these men had the apostolic sign gift of healing to confirm the gospel. That is not needed nor given today.

When the elders are called for, it is God that does the healing if he choses to. Paul never got healed of his disease (2 Cor 12), and he left Trophimus at Miletum sick. (2 Tim 4:20) And he healed others earlier in his ministry.

And if healers do exist, then why aren't they going through the cancer wards at the local hospitals healing folks? How about through the cardiac wards? Children's cancer wards? They are all in it for the $$$$.

If God wants to heal someone, he can do it. I've seen Him do it. He did it without the help of some nut knocking someone over backwards. He did it without the help of anyone. I have seen the James 5 thing work as well, but again, it was just God's people being obedient to the scriptures and the Lord doing the healing, and gets the glory for it.

Ringman is no doubt chomping at the bit to tell us of some healing he has performed. If Ringman gets the credit for it, God doesn't get the credit for it. God is the great physician, not some man.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Shootist,

I by no stretch like Hinn. But, I have known a few people who have a gift from God........

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
shootist,

I agree with your great post. We get four "Christian" channels with satellite and you have to hunt for someone decent to listen to. Most of it has been taken over by people of Hinn's genre. What a shame. A tool to reach the lost and to teach believers and look what it has become. Brings to mind the verse "Lord, Lord did we not cast out demons in your name......."

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
To God Alone Be The Glory!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Happy Easter, my Brothers and Sisters in Jesus!

It's a perfect Easter Day this morning in Iowa. Gonna go wash the truck real soon so I can take my beauties to church in the fashion they deserve. Thank you Jesus for your blessings!!

I'm afraid Mr. Hinn and his ilk, (almost said elk.....Lord forgive me!!) are the folks the Lord talked about when He said there would be some who could claim great works of the Spirit, and He would tell them they were workers of iniquity, and to depart from Him. When I think of the lost my Spirit sags. When I think of those who counterfeit the gifts of the Spirit, it sinks, because I know they caused many to be deceived. Then I realize that God always makes lemonade out of lemons, and know many more will be saved, strengthened, and brought back by their controversy and infamy, not by these men, but by the Spirit who will work those little things He does to see God glorified.

I have had the Lord touch me with healings in small but certain ways many times in my life. I could go into details of how I absolutely believe that He interceded in saving my life multiple times in some very turbulent teen and 20something years when I certainly wasn't living for Him. I have worked with a couple folks who definitely knew the Lord had healed them or a family member. One of inoperable cancer, when the doctors estimated days or a couple weeks. The patriarch of the family owner business I work for now, had a huge stroke and impending death in minutes or hours about 8 years ago. The family, who are a mixed lot but all love the Lord, prayed. Don is failing now from another problem (he's 85 now) but he got many years to reconcile with his family and his Lord. My Pastor was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. We prayed and now they tell him if they didn't show it on his charts, they'd never believe it was in his body. Just a minute, I gotta do some shouting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard much and seen a little that tells me that the Holy Spirit is alive and well and doing every kind of work that He has ever done. I have also seen the folks that fall over every time they go to the alter, offer a self interpreted prophesy most very Sunday that seldom finds witness by my Spirit. Such things make me angry and steals quality Spirit time from me and I am sure others. But I would never give up gifts of the Spirit or stop seeking more of them, because some involve their flesh in them or even totally counterfeit them.

It is too bad the Spirit can't go through any number of hospitals, prisons, Hamas meetings, the UN, every government and most churches to set us all free of what ails us. It would be difficult for a person to be used as a conduit for reliable healing and not become corrupted and have the media destroy the significance and deflect the Glory from God. Even Jesus found it difficult to tie into the Spirit in geographic areas in His ministry because of the lack of faith of those people. So I believe God uses less showy healings that will bless His church but will not be used a means of stealing His Glory. At least for now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the_shootist,

Paul started a number of Churches, and Peter was certainly an elder. More than that, these men had the apostolic sign gift of healing to confirm the gospel. That is not needed nor given today.

And what does God's Word say?

"And He gave some apostles and some prophets and some evangelists, and some pastors, and some teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fulness of Christ." Ehpesians 4:11-13

In the New Testament alone, I found at least eighteen aposltes by name. Did God give some gifts and other Her did not give gifts? Are the apostles today not granted the same gifts the original apostles were granted?

Ringman is no doubt chomping at the bit to tell us of some healing he has performed. If Ringman gets the credit for it, God doesn't get the credit for it. God is the great physician, not some man.

Was this necessary for the edification of the group? You need to grow in the grace and knowldege of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
He gave SOME, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers. Eph 4:11

The some in that passage refers to the men that were given gifts to. The gifts these men were given, were other men. To some men, he gave apostles - like to about 100 AD. To some men, he gave prophets - like to about the same time because there needs to be no further prophets. We have the completed word of God - the revelation of God is finished. He gave some men, evangelists - this applies to the present time, however the true evangelists in the biblical sense are few and far between. An evangelist, by definition, evangelizes the lost. Most evangelists today are revivalists, or itinerant preachers. To some men, he gave pastors and teachers. Certainly for the present time.

Gotta be careful with the punctuation in the Bible. There's a comma after some in each place. It means something. The only way you can say there are prophets in the church today is that some tell forth the word of God, and that's too thin.

Prophets in the Old Testament, and the few we see in the New Testament foretold things. That's done. We have the Bible.

Apostles are finished too. The only disciple that was replaced was Judas, and that is a special case at best. There is no apostolic succession. That's done too.

What God uses now are evangelists and pastors and teachers, and the true ones are few and far between. Lots of hierlings, lots of upstarts, lots of momma and poppa called preachers, but not many real God called men. The ones that will stand and preach what is unpopular in spite of Hell's messengers.

Sorry if the personal shot cut too deep. I have read your posts in the past, and I know your position on healing. I was just preparing the folks for what I was sure was coming. I've been wrong in the past, maybe I am about you this time. If I'm wrong, then I will apologize.

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the_shootist,

He gave SOME, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers. Eph 4:11

The some in that passage refers to the men that were given gifts to. The gifts these men were given, were other men. To some men, he gave apostles - like to about 100 AD. To some men, he gave prophets - like to about the same time because there needs to be no further prophets. We have the completed word of God - the revelation of God is finished. He gave some men, evangelists - this applies to the present time, however the true evangelists in the biblical sense are few and far between. An evangelist, by definition, evangelizes the lost. Most evangelists today are revivalists, or itinerant preachers. To some men, he gave pastors and teachers. Certainly for the present time.

You are fantastic. I have never heard this kind of interpretation.

Gotta be careful with the punctuation in the Bible. There's a comma after some in each place. It means something. The only way you can say there are prophets in the church today is that some tell forth the word of God, and that's too thin.

Different translation use different word and punction. You are grasping at straws.

Prophets in the Old Testament, and the few we see in the New Testament foretold things. That's done. We have the Bible.

You are too much. When I was a new believer I used to get up early and spen time in reading and praying. One Sunday I prayed a certain prayer from my heart. A few of hoursl later the pasor interupted his message and said, "The Lord has given me something I have to share now. While you were in your prayer time this moring, and you said, ...., I heard and this is what is going to happen in about thirty days and sixty days and ninty days." Those things happend. By the way, how did the pastor know what I had prayed tht morning?

Apostles are finished too. The only disciple that was replaced was Judas, and that is a special case at best.

If you want, I will list the Apostles by name and the references fromthe New Testament. There are at least eighteen.

There is no apostolic succession. That's done too.

What is "apostolic succession"?

What God uses now are evangelists and pastors and teachers, and the true ones are few and far between. Lots of hierlings, lots of upstarts, lots of momma and poppa called preachers, but not many real God called men. The ones that will stand and preach what is unpopular in spite of Hell's messengers.

I don't agree the preachers are limited to "What God uses now are evangelists and pastors and teachers, " because I see some folks who are not any of the above and yet preach the Word where ever they are. I do believe God still uses apostles and prophets and evangelists and pastors and teacher until we all come to the unity of the faith. I would guess you and I don't agree on baptism. We have not acchieved the unity of the faith yet.

Sorry if the personal shot cut too deep. I have read your posts in the past, and I know your position on healing. I was just preparing the folks for what I was sure was coming. I've been wrong in the past, maybe I am about you this time. If I'm wrong, then I will apologize.

In order for "the personal shot cut too deep" one has to be respected. You have not earned my respect. I tried to teach my daughers as they grew up to not be upset by someone you do not respect. Pretend it is like the wind in the trees. You hear it, but that's all. It is not good or bad so it can't "cut too deep"; it can't cut at all. There are times when I certainly agree with you. But you seem to atack for no reason or justification. Therefore you have to apoligize. You need to be a little more humble.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
We are all commanded to preach to folks we come in contact with - - Acts 8:4 - women too! But that is not the pastors and teachers.

You have not hit the healing I thought you were going to, and so for that I apologize. Sure I need to be more humble, and not a little -- a lot, and you don't.

I don't attack for no reason. There is always a reason to be on the offensive. It may not always be apparent to you why someone else is taking a certain posture.

And I don't grasp at straws. I trust the Bible God has given me as being error free. If you don't, I'm sorry.

And as far as the wind blowing in the trees, "The wind bloweth where it listeth and thou hearest the sound thereof but canst not tell whence it cometh or whither it goeth -- so is every one that is born of the Spirit." Maybe I'm just blowing around in the Spirit, and no-one really knows where I'm coming from or going to. I know, and that's what counts.

I don't need the names of the 18 apostles. I have them somewhere. That's the list. It's the end. Thank you.

Do you think Benny Hinn is an apostle? Or maybe you are? I'm not! Just an old sinner saved by the grace of God in Jesus Christ. I have done the work of an evangelist, and been a pastor and teacher. Never been a prophet. Never been an apostle. Never will be.

Fair well.

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the_shootist,

You have not hit the healing I thought you were going to, and so for that I apologize. Sure I need to be more humble, and not a little -- a lot, and you don't.

Thank you for the compliment.

And I don't grasp at straws. I trust the Bible God has given me as being error free. If you don't, I'm sorry.

Is that last tid bit necessary for this post? Have I ever made a post which could give the impression I doubt ANY Scripture? Please post it.

And as far as the wind blowing in the trees, "The wind bloweth where it listeth and thou hearest the sound thereof but canst not tell whence it cometh or whither it goeth -- so is every one that is born of the Spirit." Maybe I'm just blowing around in the Spirit, and no-one really knows where I'm coming from or going to. I know, and that's what counts.

When you are trying to communicate, it is imperitive to not rely on "no-one really knows where I'm coming from or going to. I know, and that's what counts."

I don't claim to be a prophet or an apostle. I don't watch Hinn.

Last edited by Ringman; 03/27/05.

Everyday Hunter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 6 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,589
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.