Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by crosshair
Well, there were these two fine Filipino chicks and I just got paid and..................................never mind, sailor stuff.

What happens at Subic Bay, stays at Subic Bay.

You guys sure screwed things up for us when you came over to Angeles City. But, you are correct what happens there stays there.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Subic?? Wow hardcore. I just stayed in Olongapo played a few rounds of "smileys" and never mind... smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You guys sure screwed things up for us when you came over to Angeles City. But, you are correct what happens there stays there.

Isn't that a Navy reg?
What a sailor does is talked about only in port.
What a Naval officer does is not talked about at all.
What a Marine does is talked about widely so he is humiliated through out the fleet. I think that's what the regs say.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The diving thing was dumb but after thinking about it it was not the dumbest. In '69 the Army had a deal where Navy E-5s could cross over to Army Warrant right after finishing Helicopter flight school. I passed all the tests but they closed the program just as my application was submitted. Some of those guys lived.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not really a "dumb" thing but disrespectful to a senior.

I had an O2 who thought we weren't in shape enough, so he got all motivated and decided to start taking us on runs during chow time. 1st day of this "motivation" we left him in the dust less than 30 seconds into the run. He was 100 yards behind us yelling at us to slow down. That was the first and last time he decided to make us run during chow.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It weren't me but we had a Petty Officer that would eat hard boiled eggs and drink Orbit Beer every night with the end result that no one would get on the bus for the ride to the weapons plant until everyone was through the security gate into the high security compound and then it was an adventure to ride from the gate to plant as he could empty the bus with some of his passings.

I do almost believe he died on that bus on more than one occasion as some of his offerings would have put gas warfare to shame.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pulled in too much collective too early.

Last edited by ford8n; 10/05/10.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Sneaking on to the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln with my drunk friends. We made it to the flight deck and puked and pizzed off it. We decided it was time to get back home and got split up and lost below deck. That is a big ship!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ford8n
Pulled in too much collective too early.

Did the Earth rise up and smite thee?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

D
D
Joining!!!!!

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was a firefighter during my AF stint,,and still am going on 29 years now.

Had a prick Station Chief who got orders to Alaska. Doused the dude on his last shift with protein foam (nastiest chit known to man) and a couple of us hit him with fire lines afterwards. Seems his "orders" got cancelled the next day.

Boy,,,did we [bleep] up.... shocked

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This was my dad-not me. Dad was in Africa under General Patton, and while off the front line, and bored and most likely well greased, got the bright idea to go try to chase down some wild game in a jeep. 'Don't recall what they were chasing-some kind of deer or something, but they quickly found out that Jeeps tend to work a lot better when you don't roll them over. End result, him and his buddy ended up paying for the Jeep, and enjoyed all the rights and privileges that go with being a private. Again.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably the stupidest thing was staying a barracks rat (mostly) and not taking advantage of the travel opportunities available while stationed in Europe. The American Express office on post offered all kinds of cut rate travel fares to go all over that part of the world � England, Costa del Sol in Spain, vacation trips to the Virgin Islands, Rome, Greece, North Africa. Heck, you could even go to Moscow USSR and that was in the early 70�s. With 30 days paid leave and 3 day passes not too hard to get, even a lowly E3 or E4 could vacation like a jet setter.

Did see a lot of great concerts including the Stones, The Who, Paul McCartney and Led Zeppelin, but you could do that in the States.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Olson Hall, Ft. Benning. Brand new mustang second lt, third night (early morning)of IOBC, brand spanking new midnight blue 280ZX Turbo T Top. Empty bottle of tequila on the passenger seat, a strippers boa wrapped around my neck, my feet in the car, my back on the pavement. The Gtateful Dead blaring from the stereo.
And then waking up to a night stick tapping me on the head attached to a smiling MP. Not good. everyone knew me.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Let's see...

Can tell ya about the time I let the air out of all four tires on a master sargent's car and he got HIS aze peeled by the squadron commander, the time I 'bout slammed the wing commanders head with an engine cowling (He shouldn't be stickin his nose in there anyways) or the time we (meaning male and female) went skinny dipping in the "O" club pool...

Don't know if the statute of limitations have run out on the other "stuff".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Giving a Grenade to a new guy in our unit and he got caught with it by civilian police and they threaten him with jail time and he told them i gave it to him . Chit hit the fan, almost went to the brig. Got off with ART 15 because it was just his word. He was given a hard time by everyone in the unit for ratting .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,258
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.