Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For those who don't know! I don't know if this has been brought up here but another heads up if it has. They are not making deposits and many people are out money. If you use them I would stop until they get their chit straight

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=89122

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=201

I was ANTI-OBAMA before it was CooL
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use a good old fashion USPS Money Order , so far it has worked every time , and that's been a bunch of times

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Around here I find checks work great.
Saves buyer a bit,and haven't been burned on any sales yet.
Major bucks like $1K up I can see M.O., but small stuff it's worked good for me selling and buying.
Sold rifle here over $1K and if I remember correct payment was a check, but I did deal with the buyer once before.
Just my thoughts about the folks here,
George

Last edited by georgeb; 10/07/10. Reason: still problems spelling!
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I always tell anybody from the Campfire that I'll take personal checks, but will have to wait a couple days for larger checks to clear. Haven't ever had a problem.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I requested my funds and they were supossedly sent the 15th of Sept. I think he is hand carrying and he's on foot from Tin Buck Two or Bum [bleep] egypt. I'm not finished with them just yet.

BEWARE!

AdmiralZummie
Nuclear Grade U.B.C. Ret.
NRA Lifer

"For God so loved the world he didn't send a committee!"
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 6mm250
I use a good old fashion USPS Money Order , so far it has worked every time , and that's been a bunch of times

Mike

Only a few times for me, but yup, it works every time.

μολὼν λαβέ
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know and have done lots of business with many folks here. Great place and lots of neat stuff to buy and look at. If you are looking for something odd and hard to find, someone usually has one. Zero issues. One of the last few places where your word means something and people still expect for you to uphold it. I take personal checks. Had zero problems. Though I and most pay w/ MO. I dont buy anything from EBay.

RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have heard awful things read one auction on auction arms that the guy was having to sell two of his guns because they would not send him his money for four different auctions

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I used them several times and all was smooth, then 2 months back I had to call twice before cash showed up. Stopped using them after that. It is a shame since I had hoped they would give pp a run for their money.

Ted
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You know I always wondered why someone expects you to trust them, when they don't trust you. Personal check should be good, if you don't trust them that much, best not to deal. I understand waiting to clear on larger ones, any one whose word is good would not mind.

Bill

If you value your freedom, thank a VET
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wild_Bill
You know I always wondered why someone expects you to trust them, when they don't trust you. Personal check should be good, if you don't trust them that much, best not to deal. I understand waiting to clear on larger ones, any one whose word is good would not mind.

Bill

"Till check clears" is a joke anyway. My bank says that within 30 days you can put a stop payment and reverse funds.
I take personal checks or MO's, some buyers feel safer sending USPS MO's, but I feel if you can't trust someone enough to take their personal check, you can't trust them.

Of course I remember when my grandparents would buy groceries in town, select the blank checks from there bank while in line, fill out the info, and hand to the clerk................. wink

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
E
E
Originally Posted by Freedumb1
[quote=Wild_Bill]
Of course I remember when my grandparents would buy groceries in town, select the blank checks from there bank while in line, fill out the info, and hand to the clerk................. wink

LOL, I'm 43 and can remember my mom using those blank checks at the grocery store. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I always find it amazing that I as a buyer am supposed to trust the seller without question. The seller has my money and the goods, he holds all the cards. But I am suspect. I am generally not in a big hurry for the stuff I buy and if I pay by personal check I tell the seller to hold until the check clears. If I am in a hurry I will send a MO.

Agree I have never had an issue buying from this site, although I did buy several boxes of Federal Premium ammo from a guy, (unnamed), from here and the brass was pretty tarnished. Spent a few nights in front of the boob tube cleaning it up.

NRA Patron Member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I was a victim, it took me 80 days to get my money. There are a few here that I have seen pop up at Calguns.net looking for their money. The road is coming to an end, as just about every state and federal agency is now investigating gpal.

Little ben cannon is going to be in a world of hurt. Let's hope that all get the monies that are owed.

Here is some info that may help.

Finally got something you can use. Just got a phone call from Carl Chapman, Senior Investigator, Northern California Computer Crimes Task Force. Phone him at 707-265-2372. E-mail cchapmannc3tf.org E-mail him all your GPal e-mails and keep saving them. He said he had over 200 complaints. Let him know your on line name, etc. I have already done so.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Jason, glad you finally got your coin from the rotten bastage!

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, it wasn't a lot, but it still pissed me off.

There is not any notice on the gpal website, stating that they are having problems...screams ponzi all the way!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Wild_Bill

Bill

I agree completely. The trust issue is a two-way street. I take personal checks and have not gotten burned. Seems most of the scams are performed by the person recieving the money, not the one recieving the gun.

I very seldom purchase if a Postal Money Order is required. I have to take off work to go stand in line at the post office, and it just isnt worth it. Take my check, or even a bank check, or a bank issued money order.

Last edited by Oakster; 10/08/10.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
"Till check clears" is a joke anyway. My bank says that within 30 days you can put a stop payment and reverse funds.

Your bank gave you bad information. Once a check clears, you can not stop payment or get your money back. Just giving a heads up, so you don't find out the hard way.

Last edited by jlboykin; 10/08/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Freedumb1

After having it brought to my attention that I was full of chit, I called my bank's main office and confirmed that I am full of chit.

Sorry, I hate passing along bad information. Rule of thumb............

Take what I say with a grain of salt....................... blush

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Takes a pretty good man to admit that....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,705
Posts18,494,387
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.