Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Hey, i think i remember that place! since those there pics we added a covered porch across the whole front side there, no more mess outside anymore. got a deck across the whole front that we put in. Just put some screen and lattice around the decks the last few weeks ago here. Me and lestifer painted all the trim around the windows to match the roof, and painted the outhouse finally after that many years. We hung some boat cranks on the meat pole last night for cranking up the bucks, i tried to get les to try it out but he wasn't daring enough yet. still daylight. Going to mow it tonight i think and be done for the year now. Got some inside cleaning to do and we're good to go. thanks for posting dave!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlering
We added a big spike, to that group also, 2 of the guys and myself went to my place, where they took a big 6pt. and a small doe! it was one of the better hunts for takeing game, that I have been on in awhile! was also alot of fun! and there were beers drank!

I am REALLY happy you had a great trip. If anyone deserves it, it's you.!!!! smile smile smile

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks TZone.
1st photo is view from front
2nd is important building to relieve once's self called the "Library"
3rd is view from the back door, when there is no cloud cover, Mt. Katahdin can be seen
4th is upstairs bunk room, sleeps 6 comfortable, more if needed
Last 2 are the types of woods your hunting, thick is an understatment but powerlines and clearcuts open the need for flatter shootin' cartridges

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Deer camp 2010:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlering
I just got back from a opening of Bow season, here in Northern Michigan out of 7 guys we ended up with 5 does & 2 bucks, I think 6-7 small bucks were passed, I passed a small 4pt. that was with the doe I shot. never thought Id do that but makes sence@ had a great time, good weather , my pics didnt come out to well tho![Linked Image]

That's a nice piece of work Saddlering! You mentioned Northern Michigan. Hope you don't mind if I ask what general region were you hunting? (Not asking for any specifics)

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Awesome tent, looks new?

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
That was the 4th time I've had it out (Utah rifle deer '09, Idaho bear May '10, Utah antelope September '10, Utah ML deer September '10).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's a great looking set up...any pics of your interior?

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Camp is a little simpler for me..

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinOur accomodations wuzn't always so civilized grin
[Linked Image]

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh yeah.. Me & the ole man did that up in the olympia mountains in the snow & rain lol!!

I'm still wet from that one 23 years later. grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by battue
Pocahontas county. There is a small town about 1.5hours N. of us, but it's name escapes me right now. Anyway the next picture would be of me on the meat pole if I mentioned it. Not a lot of Deer in that area. I think we saw a total of 12 to 15 last year in 3 or 4 days, but there are some to brag about. That guy was shot a little over 2mi from any dirt road. Chasing does was his undoing. Jim had seen another a little smaller doing some preseason scouting, but not this one until the first morning. Last years deep snows may have hammered them hard last year.

We're close. I live in Murrysville and work at Children's Hospital.

Did you work at Children's while it was still in Oakland? If so, you had a fellow campfire member within two city blocks of you for the past 5 years, pretty much.

Also, I whacked a doe Wednesday afternoon in your neck of the woods, sort of. T'was right behind Levin Furniture off of 22 just outside Monroeville.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
At CHP for the last 20 some years. We probably passed each other on Forbes going to Peter's pub, Uncle Sam's, or anyone of the other joints to eat or have a brew.

Was that your truck parked along New Texas Road? grin At one time that was a hot spot for really big Bucks. Bob Kirschner arrowed some of his hogs about 6 miles from there.

Also at one time that would have got you arrested by the Monroeville police. Then some guy took them to court and it was ruled that the municipality had no right to pass a law that would obstruct ones right to legally hunt in a season legislated by the PGC. Prior to that it was necessary to sneak into that area or not park your vehicle within the boundaries of Monroeville or you would have an officer waiting for you when you came out.

Last edited by battue; 10/09/10.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scorpion,

I hunt VERY VERY close to you in Monroeville!!! Seen alot of does so far, but no big bucks. I think the hot weather will shut the buck action down for a little while next week.

I won't hunt if its too hot - I'm waiting for the end of the month when the action will start to heat up. I don't want to blow out my "rut stands".

battue,

You still have to watch for the Monroeville cops - they will "assist" you back to your truck if you're caught hunting in that general area!! Believe me, I have been assisted!! No fines or write ups, but just told to get my truck & go home. Monroeville cops like to hunt those same areas we do!!

Last edited by 300MAG; 10/09/10.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You boys are hunting those B&C Bucks!!!!

(Borough and City) grin

Last edited by battue; 10/09/10.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 300MAG

battue,

You still have to watch for the Monroeville cops - they will "assist" you back to your truck if you're caught hunting in that general area!! Believe me, I have been assisted!! No fines or write ups, but just told to get my truck & go home. Monroeville cops like to hunt those same areas we do!!

Yes, professional courtesy has been even known to apply to hunting at night.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My buddies have a place off 115, between Caddy & Mesick, 3 of us droped down to my place on sunday, my buddie shot this one on sun. at dark! Near Big Rapiads[Linked Image]

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

We call it "The Taj" located in western TN.

[Linked Image]

Enjoy everything.......expect nothing.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
We hunt a steep, brushy, rocky island in the Pacific. The longest shot any of us has made there is 80 yards. Our average over the last 10-12 years is about 20 yards.

Getting There
[Linked Image]

Camp Kitchen
[Linked Image]

The Smoke of Many Bratwursts
[Linked Image]

The Council of Uncles
[Linked Image]

Doing The Dishes in Sea Water
[Linked Image]

Soup Is Good Food
[Linked Image]

Game Country. The open area in the foreground is atypical. My wide-angle lens makes it look bigger than it is, but the hunter is a 12-year-old, and he's about 40 yards away.
[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/okie_john/L1030496.jpg[/img]

Okie John

Last edited by okie john; 10/09/10.

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 16gage, 19rabbit52, 62 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,428
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.