-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 492 of 1,842 1 2 490 491 492 493 494 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was shooting my bow today and I decided to take a break so I tied up the dog and went in the house for about 5 minutes. I come back out and cracked open a cold one. The dog started growling. I peaked my head out the shop and there was a doe right in my shooting range. Right at the 30 yard mark, but I had already put my bow in the case. Couldn't get it out in time,
Dozer started barking and there she was, gone. frown

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh kids... lol!

So many things, where do I start.

Dusty knows Whitebear aint going to let loose of that 45/70 T/C Encore pistol. Hey did Whitebear even bring it out? I guess I've seen it at his place before, don't recall if he brought it to camp for sure... He must have because Dusty wants one bad grin

Miss, you and others are in for a treat, your dad and my dad were prety tight when they were young. You'll hear stories that will have you rolling on the floor laughing.

There was a particular game warden that "the boys" had a lot of fun with. A particular 1955 chevy, yellow with continental kit and pontiac running gear... with 2 young heathens inside, they gave that poor warden a really bad time.

You'll hear the stuff of legends, goofy redneck insane hillbilly legends. lol!!

Now you'll see what deer camp, real old school deer camp really is. We've had a good camp, but nothing is funner than listening to these 2 tell stories.

grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Muffy
and there she was, gone. frown

I've never experienced anything like that.

whistle

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey dave, Tell Pa good luck on his elk hunt for me. And for chriss sake, have fun at camp this weekend will ya? Not like last time. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You and your dang "got the itch" stuff. I've been up for an hour checking the back yard for deer movement, I bought tires for my truck based on the ability to get down the deer camp road.

I'm having sausage for breakfast. I've worked the action on the .280 more in the last night than I have all year.

I blew the grunt call until the wife had enough, I rattled in a 5 year old boy, and Tink's 69 does not taste as good as I remember, but I did make a hell of a rub on the bathroom door frame. crazy

I just don't get it.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just got my doe tag in the mail and just about done with the deer blind. Getting closer.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just got back a while ago from cleaning snowmoblie trails. We had lots of trees and brush to clear out this year. We saw a rabbit, a flock of ducks, and 2 does. It was realy wet out there. I only got soaked up to my knees. Not like Chickenbuck where I got it all the way up to my behinder. laugh

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stupid Twins, UGH!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yeah stupid Twins! When I was in 7th grade my sisters talked me into being in the school musical. It was called Damn Yankees. My only line in the whole thing was "Those damn yankees! Why can't we beat 'em?!" I never knew how true that line would be in my adult years. frown

This 80 + degree weather is really messin up my bowhunting. I'm not complaining mind you but I would rather sit in a tree and not sweat like a menopausal moose.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by big drift
Just got my doe tag in the mail and just about done with the deer blind. Getting closer.....

You still have to get them in the mail? I just went and bought mine. You must have had to apply for yours eh?

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Can you buy a deer liscense after the season starts.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah but you have to wait like 48 hours or something. We went from 5 tags last year to lottery this year. When I asked the DNR about it they responded it was because of ML's and youth tags in zone 3.

It is all out of whack. My boys though have decided to apply for a moose tag as soon as they both are 12.

Just had to break up a street fight downtown, it was 2 on 1 with a snakey chick siding with the 2, cops were there but very confused on what happened. Didnt want toget into it but they started in front of our truck and came at the kids window.

What a weird weekend.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We need a lap top at camp. Dusty has some photos I can't quite make out on Ryan's picture frame. one is either a bear or a black wolf, another looks like a coyote, plenty of deer as well but wow. We need a laptop to read that stuff.

It was a great weekend.

Pics

weenage

[Linked Image]

gramps and the boys

[Linked Image]

boom rack.

[Linked Image]

coyote track

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/102_5140.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/102_5143.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/102_5144.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/102_5150.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

I dub thee......Magmum stand, cuz you just might need one there.

How did that new .300 shoot?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I did a lot of tree stand work this weekend. Started off saturday helping my dad with stuff around the yard he can't do because of his arm and shoulder.

I headed to a spot I haven't hunted in 10 years. It's some state land north of Duluth about 20 miles. My plan is to hunt there durring the first week of the season, unless I need to work, which of course takes priority.

Let me tell you once I found my way back to the stands that I built 12 years ago, it looks like one hell of a spot. Trails everywhere. We call it the "pecker stand," beause when it was first built, one of the guys sitting in it, shot a wood pecker that was bothering him....he didn't get invited back by the rest of the crew. I didn't think it was that bad.

It is now quite nasty to get back to one of them. Got some shooting lanes cut, and cleaned up a decrepet old 10 year old lawn chair, cut some pine boughs. I need to do some more work on that stand. I'm going to add a shooting rail and possibly a roof of some sort. I'll take some pictures next week when I'm there.

The other stand is the "fort." Named because it looks like a fort. The sides are in rough shape on the fort. I ripped them off climbing into and nearly fell to the ground. Nice stand in a cedar swamp that looks a lot like the area the ground blind is in at Chickenbuck.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Today, I went to the camp on the iron range. I'll be there on opening weekend. I didn't see a lot of deer sign there. Could be because the land owners son is baiting bear about 300 yds from my best spot. The stand here was in OK shape, and only needed a few braces replaced. I have several ground blinds built in the area too, but they're easy.

It is also probably the last year I'll be going to this camp to hunt. For several reasons, most I won't get into on here, but one being...Land owners kids are now getting into hunting and are using the property. I say kids but the youngest one is 41. They were never really hunters, but I guess last year started, shot a few bucks, and are now going full tilt on the place, with bear, bow and I guess gun hunting.

I'm kinda bummed about that, This will be my 22nd year hunting there. It's changed from a small hobby farm to a totally grown woods, surronded by under harvested state land.

On the other hand, it will open more oportunities for me. I don't really have any picutres of "The Range Camp", other than kill shots, so this year I'm making a pledge to take a bunch. It's really a neat place.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Me and runs with scissors found this porky yesterday on the way home. We tried to pet him but he was really shy.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He looks like a prick to me.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
T always trying to make a point.

Page 492 of 1,842 1 2 490 491 492 493 494 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

491 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 44 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,483
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.