-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by NeBassman
We should be debating decriminalization v. full the legalization of pot in my opinion, there is a big difference between the two.
I never thought about this before, but would one path preclude taxation opposed to the other? There is not likely any use discussing an alternative the government could not tax.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
If the government reaps a huge amount of money from taxes, would government get bigger? Should we be able to walk into a convenience store and by a pack of Acapulco Gold? Would we see dope commercials on TV during the Super Bowl someday?

I would be satisfied if we just quit throwing people in jail for simply possession, the money saved from just doing that would be huge. Confiscation in public places could go a long ways in discouraging drug use among our youth.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd say yes - treat it just like beer or cigarettes.

"No stems, no seeds that you don't need,
Acapulco Gold, it's badass weeeeeddddd......."

I can just imagine the Super Bowl commercials. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I can just imagine the Super Bowl commercials.
You'd have to imagine them because you couldn't remember them. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BCBrian
When I joined this list - back in 03, I was a confirmed "anti-marijuana" guy. I wrote against it's use. I was a drinker - and thought I was using a safer drug. I have changed since then - actually the change came about half a year ago.

Now - it's time for me to fess up.

At 54 - I rolled my first joint (actually it's a "reefer") I learned that's what it is called - when it has no tobacco in it.

I have been plagued with severe back-pain since childhood. I have scoliosis, spinal bifida, and now - ankylosing spodolitus. I also was found to have had an undiagnosed broken back that healed poorly - a reminant of my rougher and wilder days. I have had decades worth of MRI's, X-Rays, therapy and drugs. My pain kept getting worse.

You name the prescription drug - I have tried it! The last one had four pages of warnings attached to it! I have had two kidney/liver function tests due to the amount of pain-killers I took in order to stay functional and working. Most of my (daily) drinking was for pain-relief - not pleasure. Getting drunk helped the pain - but ruined my sleep.

In April, I talked with a spinal-cord patient who changed my life. She told me about a drug that enabled her to work again. It is called Cesamet - and is a synthetic cannabis pill. It is regularly prescribed in Canada to chronic pain patients. She gave me a few pills to try.

After doing my due diligence on the risks of that particular prescription drug, I tried the pills and found they were better for my own back - than anything I had tried to date - including far more dangerous opiates. When I told her about my own pain relief from the pills - she offered me the rest of the bottle - saying "I won't be using these anymore - so you can have them."

I asked her why she wouldn't be using them considering how they worked so well for her, and how the pills enabled her to go back to full-time work again. Her answer? "Now I just take the real stuff!" "It works even better for me!" "It's much cheaper than the pills too."

She told me she was now a legal medical-marijuana patient - one who even has legal permission to grow her own. I have hunted with her husband for years - and knew nothing of this. You could have pushed me over with a feather! I had never met a person who used marijuana so they could continue to work! It was this realization that began my paradigm shift on cannabis and it's use.

So, as I mentioned earlier, after having a bad pain day - at 54 - I rolled my first reefer!

That was in April. Since that day I have never taken a single pain-killing pill. Not one! I was taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen - together - three times a day - and that was on the days I didn't need the stronger, more dangerous stuff. I've only drank a handful of time since April too. I no longer need my daily stiff drinks to ease the pain in my back the way I used to.

I still hated smoking it though. It was a visible activity. It made me cough, my eyes redden - and it stank. I had to find a better way to get my relief. I found it.

Now, I break up a bud, put it in my Iolite vaporizer, suck back a few draws out of the spout and the foggy mist that comes out of it, and within minutes, the back pain starts to subside. After a short while, all of my back pain, and even the inflammation and the severe muscle spasms along-side my spine become a distant memory (no pun intended - about my memory) and the healing begins. The heat in my back is gone within about a half an hour. My wife used to be able to simply touch my back and feel the burn, when it was bad. No longer. In addition - I now sleep like a baby every night too. I wake-up pain-free and energized now.

My wife says I'm a totally different person - in a good way. She says she now has her "old funny, fun-to-be-around husband" back. I need to take only enough that she can never actually tell if I have "medicated" - or not. We call it that, and I medicate in a manner that I hope will not be found out by my young daughters. I'd prefer they don't learn about my pain (I hide that from them) or my medication (I didn't share my pain-killing prescription drug use with them - because they worry about me) - nor do I want them to know about my medical marijuana use.

About the only side effect I have noticed (other than the remarkable pain relief) is the more-often-than-not accompanying euphoria - but it's a cross I'm willing to bear at this time! grin My wife notices I'm much nicer to be around - and that has paid great dividends with our sex-life too. I can now do far more yard-work without crippling-up too, and she really likes that too.

In short - for me - vaporizing cannabis is like a miracle! I'm a new man! I'm now, except at work - totally pain-free! But, just knowing I can get relief after I get home - makes tough days at work bearable.

I'm lucky I'm a Canadian.

After seeing a Dr. and having him check my medical records and my x-rays, my MRI's etc. He signed off - allowing me to proceed with my federal health certification. Now, I have my medical card, I can legally possess and use it, and I could even - legally - grow my own, if I should ever choose to. But right now,I prefer to just go down to the dispensary and buy what I need.

I have my life back.

I now feel like a crusader for the cause.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, this drug has reduced my chance of an early death by a huge degree - over the more dangerous and ineffective prescription medication I was on, it has made me more productive, I no longer take sick-days off curled up in bed, I work better on the job and at home, my wife is happier and much more fulfilled. My kids have their old Dad back, one who is fun to be around now - not the grumpy and gruff individual that I was on far too many days - when I was in pain.

For me - it's like a miracle drug.

plenty here will tell yah its not a pain killer cause it doesnt work how opiates or NSAIDs work......answer to that is tricyclic antidepressants dont work as a pain killer either but they are commonly prescribed for chronic pain(i know im on one) cause they act in the brain like a dimmer switch and dont act at the location of the pain.....i suspect pot does the same......and yes i fully agree with you its a better option than opiates if its open to you.....

also a hell of a sleep aid with a tiny fraction of the side effects of any prescription sleep aid.....my major issue is hurting to bad to sleep....less i sleep the more i hurt cause the body isnt allowed to reset itself.....went on a 6 month adventure trying to find a sleep aid with side effects i was willing to live with.....finally said [bleep] it and would rather use opiates or alcohol to knock myself out.....i will never touch a sleeping pill again as long as i live.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Let the states legalize it I got no problem with that.
But the first time someone gets into a wreck or is driving under the influence,they go directly to jail.No first,second,or third chances.Straight to jail.
They should do the same thing to folks that drink and drive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Odd, if someone later in life claims it's a painkiller, that is accepted as gosepl.

When I offered the names of the folks I went through grade school, high school and athletics with that wound up dead, in jail, or ruined for life from becoming addicts to POT - that is blown off as a figment of imagination, or baselessly characterized as "musta been booze involved too!".

Find me a drunkard who denies alcohol's negative effect (they're called alcoholics), then a casual user who doesn't acknowledge booze's potential; then find me a pothead who will deny pot's negative effects (kinda like an alcoholic?).

I have rights too.

I have a right to a drug free school zone, to include faculty.

I have a right to pothead free roads, elevate testing to booze levels.

I have a right to keep my children safe; sell, or supply pot to a minor - bye! One strike, you're wayyyyyyy out.

I have a right to hire, and fire as I see fit with no recourse for not hiring, or firing a pothead.

I have a right to my earned income. Not one dime of tax money goes to counseling, rehab, medical costs, or treatment of direct, or indirect malities.

I notice too, the arguement has morphed, to medical use exclusively.

hmmmmmmm

Last edited by Mako25; 10/13/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
once again its a life style choice made by the individual Mako........Brians medicinal use doesnt get in the way of anything any more than him taking opiates and a stiff drink do.....either way he needs to be on an intoxicating substance to function.....

the fact you cant see the difference is frightening.....

Last edited by rattler; 10/13/10.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The fact you don't acknowledge the negatives of non-"medical" is far more of a concern. Getting stoned for something to do isn't what a Doctor would order.

I attented funerals, made the jail visits, watched as friends decayed, and are now human debris.

Same friggin' denial, and selfishness I saw then, I'm reading now.

I can easily seperate mdeical use, from being a pothead - see my post above.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like to drive a hundred miles an hour, lifestyle choice - leave me alone!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
unless you start preaching to ban alcohol your argument makes no sense....

your buddies made the choice they werent going to make good for themselves.....they decided they would rather be stoned than hold a job.....they chose drugs over everything else.....

does pot hold dangers? yes definatly but do you realize those dangers are less than that in a bottle of tylenol or bottle of vodka? like Bryan i donate a half gallon of blood a year to make sure the doctor prescribed pills aint killing my liver and kidneys....do you know the 66 active ingredients in pot are effectively nontoxic? you cant injest enough of the chit that gets yah stoned to kill you.....by products from smoking the flowers can give yah lung cancer but thats about it.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's my lifestyle choice.

I have rights too.

I have a right to keep my children safe; sell, or supply pot to a minor - bye! One strike, you're wayyyyyyy out.

I have a right to hire, and fire as I see fit with no recourse for not hiring, or firing a pothead.

I have a right to my earned income. Not one dime of tax money goes to counseling, rehab, medical costs, or treatment of direct, or indirect malities.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
I like to drive a hundred miles an hour, lifestyle choice - leave me alone!

i do too......day light, dry roads, can see for miles, no harm in it but for myself......kinda like pot for medicine, use it as medicine and the chances of anything going wrong is very small....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you can't make the arguemnet for pot on it's own merit, you need to leave the issue.

Wherever you insert booze, I can strike it, and insert other restricted activities, or non-restricted activity.

I guess is your world there are no laws, or restrictions, just lifestyle choices.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
day light, dry roads, can see for miles, no harm in it but for myself......

Ya, OK.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Do you consume alcoholic beverages or do you advocate complete sobriety?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Booze has squat to do with it, but I believe would apply.

I have rights too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
Here's my lifestyle choice.

I have rights too.

like to see you get that past the teachers unions, couldnt do it here
ive got no problem with giving someone driving stoned the same penilty as driving drunk
your kid can prolly get ahold of it now quicker than you can imagine.....
institute drug testing, no big deal.....im for legalizing pot but im also for employers having drug testing if they choose......definatly jobs where you dont want someone with any intoxicant in their system
bullchit......you figure out a way to do this let me know cause i dont agree with how my tax dollars are spent now....so far havent found a way to get out of paying my taxes and such

let me do a lil educating of yah

go to your spice cabinet......20mg of nutmeg will give you an intoxicating effect similar to ecstasy

go out to the average garden.......morning glory seeds have a chemical in them thats damn near identical to LSD, shamens in Mexico have been using it for atleast 4,000 years

sweet flag, Acorus calamus, roots are a stimulant somewhere more powerful than caffeine but a lil less than cocaine.....

cant legislate morality.....

Last edited by rattler; 10/13/10.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some people can drink responsibly, others can't, same thing applies to pot. It boils down to more of a personality issue rather than a lifestyle choice.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,477
Posts18,529,614
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.