Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
CURLY Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Gentlemen,

Opinion needed if it does not violate board rules. Please feel free to edit if necessary.

I am buying a pair of the Conquest 3x9's with plex reticle. I want them before the price change at the end of the year, and to use this season.

I have found an on line dealer that will sell for $342 plus shipping and handling for a total of $364. Cals Sporting Armory is the dealer. Does anybody have any experience with them as far as customer service and or reputation. The savings adds up for the purchase of the pair.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Curly

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Curly, they are a nice bright scope. I would first call Doug at cameralandny.com and see what he can do for you, as he has taken care of many of us on the fire.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I would second that motion. Doug and Cameraland are great with no surprises later.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by CURLY
Gentlemen,

Opinion needed if it does not violate board rules. Please feel free to edit if necessary.

I am buying a pair of the Conquest 3x9's with plex reticle. I want them before the price change at the end of the year, and to use this season.

I have found an on line dealer that will sell for $342 plus shipping and handling for a total of $364. Cals Sporting Armory is the dealer. Does anybody have any experience with them as far as customer service and or reputation. The savings adds up for the purchase of the pair.

Thank you

Curly

So the price is going up at the end of the year on the Conquest?

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by CURLY
Gentlemen,

Thank you

Curly

I may be reading your post wrong but are you saying that you're getting the PAIR for $364.00 shipped to your door OR are you buying two and the total price shipped to your door comes to $364.00 per scope for a total of $728.00? Regardless of which is the case, that pricing should raise some eyebrows.

Here are some questions I'd ask before buying:
1) Is this store/vendor an authorized Zeiss dealer?;
2) Are these scopes BRAND NEW or refurbished and/or demo scopes?;
3) Are the scopes used?;

I'll grant that any dealer can privately sell anything at any price BUT Zeiss has a MAP (minimum advertised price) policy & you're getting those scopes well below MAP. Based on the 2010 Zeiss Dealer Price List you'd be getting those scopes at roughly 10% above the dealer's cost and this doesn't take shipping into account. Only high volume & deep pocketed retailers can run that kind of profit margins & stay in business for any length of time. Maybe the guy is running this scope as some sort of "loss leader" but that doesn't make much sense from a business perspective. The website looks legit but advertising that price will get him in trouble with Zeiss.

Not trying to rain on what may be a great deal but I'd proceed cautiously. Most deals that are too good to be true usually are... I'd make darn sure that scope isn't a demo or refurbish before buying.

Last edited by ceylonc; 10/12/10.
IC B2

C
CURLY Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Thank you all for the responses. Concern about what may be to good to be true is the reason for the post.

$364 to my door each. According to the web site, they are NIB, and are not refurbs.

Cals web site indicates they were a large retailer in the midwest that watched their internet business grow.

They became an internet only retailer, and have shut down their retail location.

The MAP is understandable, and they post may other brands that are considerably less than MAP.

Not sure how they can accomplish that but, everthing looks to be on the up and up.

I was hoping somebody on the fire has bought from then.

Curly

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I would check with Doug at Camerland first. Excellent customer service.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Cals Sporting Armory is the dealer. Does anybody have any experience with them as far as customer service and or reputation.

Some folks didn't like them:
http://www.co-ar15.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3115

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

I didn't both look, but if they're not an authorized retailer for Zeiss the warranty may be an issue.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
AllI can say..Its a good scope for the money. I have a hard time buying pricy optics (To me) other than at Cameraland.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mathman
Cals Sporting Armory is the dealer. Does anybody have any experience with them as far as customer service and or reputation.

Some folks didn't like them:
http://www.co-ar15.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3115

Thanks for that link. One dealer to avoid.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a great hunting scope, and Cameraland rocks.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
CURLY Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Thanks to all for the insight and opinions.

I have spoken to Doug via email and if the main tube length is long enough, I will be ordering the scope today.

I need a main tube length at least 5.25 inches. This is for a long action with Talley low rings.

Curly

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
be aware curly, that the 3-9 models have A LOT of eye relief.

with talley lw's on my remington 30-06, i couldn't get the scope far enough away from my face.

it was a nice scope, but it went down the road in a trade.

i like leupolds better.

Last edited by splattermatic; 10/14/10.
STA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Call Doug, first and take a look at the German #4 reticle...

randy..
C
CURLY Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Thanks,

I am running standard Talleys. I had a FXIII 6x42 on it, as well as a VX3 3.5X10x40. All had good eye releif for me.

I am a stock hugger by nature due to years on a shotgun when i was younger.

As for the #4, it is considerably more expensive. I am okay with the Plex.

Does anybody know the length of the main tube? I was not able to find it on the Zeiss web site.

If it is over 5.25, I am pulling the trigger today.

Curly

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just measured one of mine and got almost exactly 6 inches between the beginning of the tapers on the eyepiece and objective.

Great scope, and Doug and Cameraland are super!!

Last edited by fw707; 10/14/10.

"A world without string is chaos."
Lars Smuntz

[Linked Image]
C
CURLY Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Thanks fw707,

The Conquest is on its way.

thanks to all with the help.

Curly

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're welcome.
I think you'll like it.

"A world without string is chaos."
Lars Smuntz

[Linked Image]
C
CURLY Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I am hoping, it has already arrived via FEDEX and was signed for by my neighbor before lunch.

Excellend customer service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,691 guests, and 1,549 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,504
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.