-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
You chose wisely. The conquest 3-9 is the absolute best scope you can get for $400.

GB1

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Took me a long time to find out how good that Conquest 3-9x40 scope really is. Thank God I found it.
Their other winning scope is the straight 4x.
Both scopes have 4" of eye relief, making them two of the most user friendly, great glass scopes available.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got a chance to sight one of these in recently on a Sako A7 .270 WSM.

Was really impressed with its clarity and brightness, and the feel of quality about it.

They list for $499 up here, but I still think they're darn good bang for the buck! Great scope!

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I bought one around 5 years ago at Bass Pro.
Mounted it on a rem700 in 270win.
It must of had something seriously wrong because it caused wild 10-12" groups.
I sent it off to their repair center and they returned it or a new one(not for sure) about a month later. I say new because mine was in a black and blue box, when it came back it was in a white, silver and blue box.
I chose not to put it on anything, and ended up selling it to my brother in-law. He really likes it and has had no trouble.
I was happy with the customer service.
Also, I had a problem with a pair of Conquest binoculars(8x30).
An o-ring had come out of one of the eyepieces. I sent both the scope and binos back at the same time. I know the binos I got back were the original ones I had bought. The binoculars have been good ever since.
Anyway, I guess I have had good and bad luck with the Conquest line, but once repairs were made and in a decent time frame all is good. Their service dept. is no hassle and does you right
Hope this helps,
Aaron

C
CURLY Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Well, I was up at the crack of dawn yesterday to mount the scope. Busy day for the fall festival, and pumpkin picking, so I had to get it done before the rest of the extended family arrived.

First impression was that the scope was big! I have always had Leupold, and will need to get used to the larger rear ocular. Glass is very bright. Eye relief is good. I have always been a stock hugger from the shotgun days. Keeping my head a little farther back will take some getting used to. This may be an advantage with heavier clothing. The reticle is very, very nice. My opinion is that the Z-Plex falls between the regular Leupold duplex, and the heavy duplex.

The only negative I have found is that the turret cover with the blue Zeiss symbol is crooked. Not sure if the emblem is just a sticky on the circular cover, or part of the entire cover. I can live with it but product inspection sure miss the boat on that one.

Overall happy with the decision. Cosmetically still prefer the Leupold, but the other factors outweighed the looks. Will hit the range at Fort Dix next weekend to sight it in. If all works as well as I hope, I will be calling Doug for the 2nd one in about 8 weeks. Christmas is coming!

Thanks to all for the replies.

Oh, and by the way, Doug sent some kind of coffee that my Cuban brother-in-law says is the best in the world, and a really nice Zeiss hat. Thanks to Doug and Neil for the customer service. They have earned my repeat business.

Curly

Last edited by CURLY; 10/17/10.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
warned ya about the eye relief. i found because of the larger rear ocular, i had to go with a taller set of rings to clear the bases when push farther forward.
nice scopes tho, but like you, i preferr leupold.

i still own a 6.5-20 conquest. it's on my target ar.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by CURLY

Overall happy with the decision. Cosmetically still prefer the Leupold, but the other factors outweighed the looks. Will hit the range at Fort Dix next weekend to sight it in. If all works as well as I hope, I will be calling Doug for the 2nd one in about 8 weeks. Christmas is coming!

Thanks to all for the replies.

Oh, and by the way, Doug sent some kind of coffee that my Cuban brother-in-law says is the best in the world, and a really nice Zeiss hat. Thanks to Doug and Neil for the customer service. They have earned my repeat business.

Curly

That's the same way I feel about the Conquest, hard to beat for 400.00

Doug's in a league of his own with service and support!!!!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by CURLY
Thanks,

I am running standard Talleys. I had a FXIII 6x42 on it, as well as a VX3 3.5X10x40. All had good eye releif for me.

I am a stock hugger by nature due to years on a shotgun when i was younger.

As for the #4, it is considerably more expensive. I am okay with the Plex.

Does anybody know the length of the main tube? I was not able to find it on the Zeiss web site.

If it is over 5.25, I am pulling the trigger today.

Curly

I have 4 zeiss scopes and 1 minox 3-9, I think the glass in the minox is better. Doug at Camera land sells both. I tried the Minox 2-10 but did not like it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 22250rem, 160user, 06hunter59, 204guy, 71 invisible), 2,690 guests, and 1,510 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,478
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.