Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Yer welcome smile

So, O.k. Got a Lone Wolf conversion (10mm to 40s&w) for a G20. Mostly so I could shoot the thing as 10mm ammo is hard to find. I've now shot the heck out of it, function tested all my mags several times, and happily discovered the bigger frame dampens the recoil and the conversion barrel is probably more accurate than the factory barrel. Nary a problem, runs like a sewing machine. The gun is a real shooter with either barrel and more pleasant to shoot than any other 40 I've used.

So would I trust my life with it? No one would want to bet their life against it.

O

Too old to suffer fools
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
don't you feel better after sharing???...
Thanks for taking the time...good to know...perhaps I'll find a similar synergy when I get to the range with this 40 to 9 conversion...
Bill

NRA Life Benefactor
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The only thing I might question, is the breechface of the .40 going to allow reliable functioning with a skinnier 9mm?. Will the extractor be able to grip the rim of the case for positive and reliable extraction, and will the case hit the ejector positively enough for reliable ejection?

Those are major questions, and I'd want them answered forcefully, by way of actual testing, before I trusted it with my life.

The 10mm to .40 thing is straightforward enough, the diameters of both cases are the same, however, going "skinny" might be a problem..... Someone more "up" on their Glocks might have a better take on all that. I've only owned one Glock, and it just wasn't my cup of tea.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is not enough difference in rim diameter for that to be a consideration.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by T LEE
There is not enough difference in rim diameter for that to be a consideration.

Thanks, Terry. Now that I think about it, my Dillon 550 uses the same shellplate for 9mm, 10mm, .40 and .38 Super, just change the buttons.... I should have realized that. Where's that "embarrassed" smiley thingy?......

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No sweat, a thinking person is a safe person, bottom line.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
sil..,

don't you feel better after sharing???...

Well, maybe. Problem is, there are so many 'exerts' waiting to blast you with, 'How you did it wrong' and 'What you're too stupid to understand', yada yada yada. It's just easier to keep your answers simple. It's like Silent Cal said, "Nothing I never said ever hurt me".

I am, however, very satisfied with my Lone Wolf conversion barrel and now plan on doing what you are thinking about... buying a Glock 40 and a 40to9 conversion barrel. You will need Glock 9mm mags, however. I didn't need them going from 10to40 because the relationship is like shooting 38s in a 357. Of course some 'expert' will say that isn't correct so - Screw you in advance expert smirk

O

Too old to suffer fools
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
ahhh...I thought you just didn't like my question...as for experts...there are so many that have no idea what they are talking about and just parrot back what they may have heard (or what they thought they heard) that I followed Pat Rodgers into calling it the "errornet."

I have some experience myself and will share with those that care to hear it but have had responses, like you have where someone blasts you (I was even kicked off one Forum for defending someone else who had real world experience that mirrored my own real world experience about a certain cartridge but that flew in the face of the "fanboys"...I never used any harsher language than that I said, my experience mirrored his)

...anyway...I appreciate those that share their knowledge...I tend to listen to all sides and after awhile you pick up who's "talking out of their hat" and who might actually know what they are talking about.

Until I can get mine to a range and put some practical application to this barrel...it's all academic but I received some good advice here...gave me some things to consider that I hadn't been given before and some guessing as to a conclusion too...

...as I say, it all goes into the mental library...

Thanks to those that take the time...I appreciate it.

Bill

NRA Life Benefactor
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for my G22. I've shot about 500 rounds through it so far with no problems at all.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
nice...I STILL haven't gotten this to the range (hopefully THIS weekend) and I'll get a better feel for it...won't carry it until then either...thanks!
Bill

NRA Life Benefactor
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have to use G17 magazines with my 9mm conversion barrel. I'm pretty sure you'll need G19 magazines for your setup.

Good luck! wink

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
got 'em...but thanks
Bill

NRA Life Benefactor
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Hopefully your conversion barrel setup works as good as mine!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I sure hope so...this weekend I hope to finally get some answers...thanks for the feedback on yours...
Bill

NRA Life Benefactor
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
well...I got to shoot the Glock 23 wanna be Glock 19 today...over 200 rounds of 9MM...both Speer Golt Dot, 124GR hollow point and Lawman 124GR FMJ...not one hiccup...not in slow single shot nor quick or rapid fire...first slow and deliberate round through the bull made me smile...I think I could trust my life to this...I have others but this one will work too...good luck with your choice and thanks for the input...much appreciated.
Bill

NRA Life Benefactor
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
...another 100 flawless rounds...went to where I aimed them...
Bill

NRA Life Benefactor
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 64 invisible), 2,688 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,475
Posts18,529,558
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.