M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
At 16 ft would that end up Python 1 Rattler 0

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pythons eat warm blooded prey, mammals and birds.....wont pay much attention to snakes, well most pythons, the blackheaded python from Australia is known to eat snakes and other reptiles on a regular basis....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Snakes don't bother me, but I don't want one curled up at the foot of my bed either.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Cigar
I will not go out of my way to kill one..

might, MIGHT, be 16 feet.....no way the SOB is 50 feet.......damn thing aint dead either..... grin he looks a bit frisky but i would still catch the [bleep], just a python, been bit by the [bleep] before.....

Python 1 Rattler 0 was directed at you.Who'd be catching who?

Last edited by Malloy805; 10/24/10.

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
You say overpoplulation is not a problem where you live. Yes it is. Overpopulation in China and other places is depleting the oceans. When the oceans die, we all die. Snakes are a major part of the ecosystem. If you stomp them all out to save one child, you may unbalance the system so profoundly that we all die, including the children. Saving one child is not worth losing the whole world over. Furthermore, it's the parents responsibility to protect their children from snakes and all other wild animals. I'm sorry my name makes you feel inferior, but it's just a name. It could just as easily have been Core-Lokt or Nosler Partition. Since you're so timid, I'll change my avatar to something less scary so you won't be frightened by it. I don't know what the problem is. You really have no reason to fear me or snakes. If a snake gets after you, all you have to do is walk away. The fastest snake in the world is the black mamba and it only crawls at seven miles per hour. If you people down there are so slow that you can't outrun a pygmy rattler, I apologize for failing to recognize your handicap.

It's only a name. It could just as easily have been Nosler Partition.
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I understand the question. A monolithic solid and a Remington .458 405 grainer are both bullets. If you undertand so far, we can move on. A few years back, a little kid was bitten on the hand by a cottontail rabbit. Infection set in and he is now permanently disfigured. For this reason, we need to exterminate every cottontail in America. Uh oh. I just realized I changed my avatar to a cottontail. If this image frightens you too bad, let me know and I will change it.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I met a guy from Montana once. He was the stupidest MF I ever met.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Malloy805
Originally Posted by Cigar
I will not go out of my way to kill one..

might, MIGHT, be 16 feet.....no way the SOB is 50 feet.......damn thing aint dead either..... grin he looks a bit frisky but i would still catch the [bleep], just a python, been bit by the [bleep] before.....

Python 1 Rattler 0 was directed at you.Who'd be catching who?

at me? well there is a reason i refused to keep constrictors that got bigger than 10 feet when i had snakes....up to about 10 feet one person can handle them safely......over 10 feet its best to have a second person.....even if it was just my wife with me i wouldnt hesitate tackling a 16 foot snake and my wife really doesnt have much know how with dealing with them but even at half my size she would be enough help for me to handle a snake up to 20 feet....

biggest thing with pythons is to know what your doing and accept the fact that eventually your gonna get bit....have lost blood to just about every python species ive kept......no biggy, accept that going in and no real reason to fear them.....panic gets yah hurt more than anything....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Mono, you make a post that makes some noise that might indicate that you might know the difference between the bullets in question. I'll give you that one; heck, I'm feeling generous today and it kind of looks like you're getting off to a bad start here. I suspect you might often have that problem when exposed to responsible adults.

Now, are you bright enough to understand the difference between the irony of a kid bitten by a rabbit and then became infected by a chance exposure to a microorganism compared to a group of responsible adults who would shield their children from potential exposure to a serious threat?

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
im not big on killing snakes as you can imaginne given my posts that ive kept quite a few......that said i dont fault anyone clearing their yard of them in any way they feel necessary, hell ive even stated before if someone kills one with a nice hide i could be interested....

heres a hide from a gaboon viper i picked somewhere over the years

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I like snakes too. I once owned a pet rattlesnake.

Having said that - I'll never forget that warm fall afternoon on a rocky bluff when I laid down to have a snooze and my shirtless back came down right on top of a curled up snake!

I was very proud of my sphincter control that day!

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Rat - that is an amazing sample of a beautiful animal. The camo patterns produced by Mother Nature are amazing!

My apologies to most that I got sidetracked.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

at me? well there is a reason i refused to keep constrictors that got bigger than 10 feet when i had snakes....up to about 10 feet one person can handle them safely......over 10 feet its best to have a second person.....even if it was just my wife with me i wouldnt hesitate tackling a 16 foot snake and my wife really doesnt have much know how with dealing with them but even at half my size she would be enough help for me to handle a snake up to 20 feet....

biggest thing with pythons is to know what your doing and accept the fact that eventually your gonna get bit....have lost blood to just about every python species ive kept......no biggy, accept that going in and no real reason to fear them.....panic gets yah hurt more than anything....

Same here.
I've had numerous serious encounters at feeding time. Smaller animals, while there's a lot of blood loss and pain that'd surprise ya, weren't life threatening. But get a 60 or 80 pound snake (on up) wrapped around your hands/arms, blood running everywhere, and you're all alone, it could turn serious in a matter of seconds. The little lady had to help get me unwound on a few occasions. You can't get your hands free. No human is that strong. Interesting wrestling matches, to say the least. No more. I don't fear either but I'd rather keep and work with deadly venomous than a large constrictor. Much, much safer.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
had a 5 foot bullsnake lock me up like a pair of handcuffs once......wasnt in any danger but couldnt do a damn thing till he decided to let me crazy grin ive got no illusions that in stonger than a 10 footer but i can keep myself safe with one....over that its not so certain.....

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I do. Do you know the chance of a anyone being bitten by a venomous snake? I spoke at length with one of our local ER doctors about treating snake bites and he told me most people who are bitten by venomous snakes are drunk when it happens, indicating that most people are bitten while harassing them. If you don't bother the snakes, the snakes won't bother you. It seems you are using their percieved danger to humans as an excuse for killing them.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Damn, nice skin.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was it that I don't take what you say seriously or that I think what you say is asinine that bothered you so much. It seems pointless for anyone else to expose your ignorance, you do such a good job of it yourself.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
any ER doc that sees lots of bites, and few see lots of bites, will tell you the two groups most likely to get bit are the drunk and kids......the only local guy that i know personally thats been bit was bit as a lil kid....bites from rattlers are rare up here.....my grandfather killed every rattler near the farm house but left those in the field alone for the most part....he would also beat your arse if he heard or saw you hurting a bullsnake cause they were better mousers in the barn and around the grain bins than cats and if yah had alot of bullsnakes around the rattlers tended to stay away....

as i said i aint big on killing any snake but dont fault anyone for killing the poisonous ones around thier places but it would likely do them some good to learn which are the dangerous ones and which are the harmless cause if yah encourage the harmless to live around your place they will likely keep rodents down which wont give the venomous ones a reason to look at setting up shop......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Snakes are why God gave us shotguns.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by 1234567
An Inland Tiapan and a Brown snake are not the same thing.

You are correct.....and I was tired.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 67 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.