-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
311Hemi Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone with narrow feet have any suggestions on a waterproof insulated (400g) boot that comes specifically in a B size?

I was going to buy the Kentrek Mountain Extremes but after wearing them for 30 min in the store I found a pressure point on the back side of my heal....same place I have always had issues.

Finally measure my foot and it's a 12.5 B on the left side, actually a bit more narrow than that.

Anything manufacturers that offer a good B size boot, other than going with something like a Whites Outdoormans?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lowa's (Sheep Hunter or GTX Extreme, same thing, in a 200g equivalent) run small and narrow. I hear you on the 12.5, the American boot makers don't make them and many of the Euros now have "americanized" lines (Lowa being a prime example).

I'm a 12.5/46.5 and the Lowa 13 works well for me. May not be narrow enough for your B's though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You might also check out Kayland boots, they seem to be a little more narrow than many others. I have sort of narrow feet and have a pair of their Vertigo Highs and sure like them, great support, not that heavy and really comfortable. They are un-insulated though but I'm sure they make some that are.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In a regular hiking boot the LL Bean Cresta Hiker comes in B widths.

Also check Cabelas for the better quality Danners: Danner� Hood Winter Light 200-Gram Boots Item:2UG-812026 shows a B width. As a 12.5 I've never had luck with Danners (the gap between 12 and 13, argh!).

good luck!

311Hemi Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by JRaw
In a regular hiking boot the LL Bean Cresta Hiker comes in B widths.

Also check Cabelas for the better quality Danners: Danner� Hood Winter Light 200-Gram Boots Item:2UG-812026 shows a B width. As a 12.5 I've never had luck with Danners (the gap between 12 and 13, argh!).

good luck!

I saw this one online and will be trying it out once I can get up there. I will check out the others mentioned as well, although I am having trouble finding the Lowa's in a store around Minneapolis. Multiple places carry the brand, but not that boot.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
REI will have them shipped to their store.

How about Midwest Mountaineering? Not sure what brands they carry.

311Hemi Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by bluffview
REI will have them shipped to their store.

How about Midwest Mountaineering? Not sure what brands they carry.

Stopped into REI (Rosedale) yesterday and they had no mountain type boots. The biggest was a 6-7" hiking boot. I was not impressed with their selection.

Called Midwest earlier today and they don't carry anything in a size B, but could order it. Sale would be final once special ordered. The guy said he may stock a boot that would work, but it's uninsulated (Lowa MTPS?....I did not see it on their site unless it's a tactile boot).

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Not insulated but great!
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...dex&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

Red Wing sells B-size as well.

Good Shooting!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
LaSportiva boots run narrow too... I'm a 14 B. I've got the Glacier which is not insulated, but I've not had cold feet in them. I wear a synthetic liner and a wool hiking sock. The Glacier is a very sturdy lightweight mountaineering boot with tonnes of support which I need.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have a low-volume foot as well and found the La Sportiva Trangos a good boot for backpack hunting. You have to deal with red boots with the Trangos, unlike the brown Glaciers that Thumper338 uses.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

TripleA RV in Medford, OR SUCKS
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Belleville and most military contract boots are offered in narrow widths and usually offer insulated models.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

there definitely is not a lot out there. I saw a recent hunting boot review in Eastmans and I was just crying...not one of the boots was offered in a narrow or B width.

I wear the LL Bean boots that I have had for over 5 years. The sole is separating from the leather so I am need of some new boots. I took them to the boot repair for reglue and that lasted one season.

For cold weather I have the Irish Setter Elk Hunters in B width. They are pretty comfy. I took them Elk hunting last year wore gaiters while going through the snow and have no complaints. I was worried about being cold but wasn't.

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Can Russell build the boot you want? Sizing is not a problem because they are custom.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
For the cost of some of the "custom boots" you can buy at least a couple pair of the mentioned size B boots available.

R
rjf Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I too wear a B width boot and its a real pain trying to find a pair that fit. At the present time, I wear a danner acadia. I have wore them in the past so I purchased some a couple months ago and they are really hurting my feet when hiking for a long time. I am going to try and get some hood winter light boots and see if those are better to hunt in.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wear about a "B" also. Danners and Scarpas fit. Lowa and meindel do not. Really probabaly depends on the last used, so the different models may vary.

Sean
Skiis, that's what I've got too! 14 Narrow - I didn't have a choice though! Insoles, sock liner, and hunting smartwool is my build up.

I have the following, all of which come in a narrow width:

Danner Acadia and Fort Lewis boots. I have black and tan in both, and with no insulation, 200 grams, and 400 grams (Yeah, I've got a bunch). The black Acadia have a better fit and are my number one backcountry boot - I've had bobsoles put on them, which is a must. I've used Acadia for over 10 years now.

Lowa Banff Pro S, great walking around the property, but don't work for me when I hit the hills!

Irish Setter 882 Elk Tracker's. My cold winter deep snow boot. They get the job done.

Haix GSG, I love these boots for work, but don't think they would work side hilling or for hunting off trail. (Haix stopped making them in narrow last year) Wish I had bought more.

I've had some Dunham light hiking boots - sucked! It's been several years ago though.

WC Russell's. I had a custom pair made about 15 years ago. , they were the Lace to Toe, hunting boot. I never could get them I work in the hills for me. Even after sending them back and having changes done!!!! They sit in their box in the loft.

Furture for me.

Lathrop and Sons.

And, yes I have more shoes than my wife;^)

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've got narrow feet as well, and have had good luck with both La Sportivas and Danner Elk Hunters.

My Elk Hunters are 400 gram and have been a great boot. Not a mountaineering boot by any means, but a good high quality boot.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We'll my LL Bean Cresta's are toast. My last hunt trip was wet and broke down the insoles with my orthotics in them, the gore-tex don't work,and the sole in starting to separate a little more.
They've been a great pair of boots but their life is over. I've been looking seriously at the Lowa Trekker, but I can only find the narrow at Zappos for $259! Ouch, I can get another pair of Cresta at LL Bean for $179.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (219DW, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,993
Posts18,520,295
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.