Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The last near death experience i had was last July when I hit a black bear on my motorcycle ( killed the bear outright)was off work 6 weeks due to injuries. But I have to tell ya' during the event I had no fear, no feeling that I had to save my wife who was with me, no nothing other than lets stick handle ourselves out of this situation, which we did and she sustained no injuries at all. We repaired the bike and rode 3 hours home after that. i had some pain so a few slaps of bacardi helped. people , relatives asked if that changed my/our outlook on this thing called life......The collective answer is no, we do and will do what we have always done, my wife has attributed the minimized damage and not getting killed to my younger days spent on a dirt bike( really helps in the riding dept). Some eluded to the thought that GOD some how helped these two atheist survive . maybe so , but I did not get any devine sense of it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just an old story that maybe fits in here somewhere, somehow - An old fellow was sitting on his porch as the flood waters rose to his second step. A neighbor came along on his IH MTA and suggested the fellow jump on and ride to higher ground. The fellow declined, with the comment that God would take care of him. Later, two guys came by in a 14-foot Lund to find the fellow sitting on his second-floor deck with water lapping at his feet. Their offer to take him to higher ground was declined on the grounds that God would take care of him. Still later, some National Guardsmen in a Huey offered to lift him off the roof from which he was dangling his feet in the water. Naturally, he declined, certain that God would take care of him. When he reached the Pearly Gates, he demanded an audience with the Head Guy and upon being ushered into his presence, demanded to know why He had not come to his rescue. To this, God replied, "Who do you think sent the tractor, the boat, and the helicopter?"

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a good one...!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by milespatton
when they should be listening to scientists.

Like the global warming scientists. miles

well, the Indonesian dude at least got warmed....the rest of us...not so much

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
RatherBHuntin,

In order to reasonably declare there is no Creator God, one would have to be omnipresent to verify God is not hiding behind a galaxy somewhere in the universe. Omnipresence would require omnipotence. And being everywhere would not do any good unless omniscience was not part of the deal to know everything to know God is or is not out there. If someone did in fact possess these properties, then they would be God and God would then exist!!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

YEP !

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
What I wanna know is how we gonna work evolution into this conversation?

And a pit bull.
And a [bleep].
And tazers.
And....

grin

"Evolution"...a very convenient philosophy that Hitler used to justify murdering millions he felt were "inferior" and thus supported "Nature's" concept of survival of the fittest and purifying the "best potential" breeding concept of the Arian race. Nature itself (science-evolution) he felt, supported his "righteous" pursuits of genocide.
As long as there is sinful mankind on the earth, there will always be evil, war, injustice, and all manner of selfishly motivated ambitions that victimize others. It can be done in the name of "science", religion, or any other convenient framework that supports their end goals but it has nothing to do with invalidating the existance of a Holy and Just God whom I believe to have revealed himself in the person of Jesus Christ and proved it by raising Him from the dead.
Hard to believe that the same deciples that disowned Jesus at his death would all suddenly change to become bold proclaimers of his ressurection and eventually become martyrs for what they would have known was a lie, had it not been true. Especially when you consider the apostle Paul who killed early Christians with zeal, having suddenly converted to Christianity and preached Christ for the remainder of his life (dispite constant persecution) before being put to death for his faith by the Ceasar.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Furprick
The last near death experience i had was last July when I hit a black bear on my motorcycle ( killed the bear outright)was off work 6 weeks due to injuries. But I have to tell ya' during the event I had no fear, no feeling that I had to save my wife who was with me, no nothing other than lets stick handle ourselves out of this situation, which we did and she sustained no injuries at all. We repaired the bike and rode 3 hours home after that. i had some pain so a few slaps of bacardi helped. people , relatives asked if that changed my/our outlook on this thing called life......The collective answer is no, we do and will do what we have always done, my wife has attributed the minimized damage and not getting killed to my younger days spent on a dirt bike( really helps in the riding dept). Some eluded to the thought that GOD some how helped these two atheist survive . maybe so , but I did not get any devine sense of it.

It is said that God helps those who help themselves.

Just he other day I heard Rush Limbaugh, an acknowledged believer in a Christian God, say the same thing.

I always figured if that's the case than why do I need God at all. I'll admit that sometimes I've wondered if there is some super natural being out there looking out for me but I also know that if I want a hole dug I have to dig it myself because God isn't going to lift a shovel full of dirt.

As to duty, the only person I'm duty bound to is myself and my own self-interest. I gave up being duty bound to any cause, ideology, group, government, politician, or super natural being.

And one last thing, one man's faith is another man's superstition.

Furprick, this diatribe is not meant necessarily to you. I just used your post for inspiration to rant.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Brian is a athiest troll.

We have our share of Christian "trolls" around here - I believe in balance.

It's a FORUM - it's supposed be all about spirited discussion.

'Spirited', he said. Unintentional or not, that was sweet! wink

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Funny how when religious people try and tell people what to believe - it isn't considered "self-righteous" to preach what they believe in. But when an atheist does it - the name calling begins! grin

[Linked Image]

IC B3

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crosshair
Here's one of the aspects I see about my Christianity. If I'm wrong then I've lead a good and decent life.

But if you are wrong then you are Plucked!

No - I'll just be dead. I'll experience a total lack of thought. Like I do when I sleep - like I did when I was first growing in the womb. I'll just return to the earth - from whence I came.

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
So would it then be fair to say that every person who has committed suicide in the history of the world died because they had a lack of faith that things would work themselves out? How many victims are dead because of a lack of faith?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
To me it's always sad to hear about people trusting non-existent super-natural beings - when they should be listening to scientists.

I guess I'm a little glad folks like Columbus, Galileo, and Copernicus DIDN'T listen to scientists.!

One thing we can trust, someday our present ignorance will make us look just as foolish those who follow "ancient", "antiquated" spirit based beliefs. That has been constant. The safest method is to get out before you commit any more foolish blunders for which your ignorance will be exposed by posterity. Of course, checking out now assumes there are no negative consequences in the hereafter. whistle

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is said that God helps those who help themselves.

Yep.
Lots of people say it.
Where they got it I'll never know.
It ain't in the Bible.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And one last thing, one man's faith is another man's superstition.

Only difference is, superstition isn't Biblical.

Actually I lied to ya in my last post, I do know where that saying came from. Just the same as I know the origin of superstition...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And luck...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Well Brian, since you are the same azzhole that tried to justify the muslims attacking us on 9-11, your opinion means nothing. Also, if you don't see the light before they start throwing dirt on your coffin, global warming will be the least of your concerns.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Brian, you are SUCH an azzhole.

Coming from you - you can't believe the size of the smile you just put on my face! grin

You can't be fully human if stories like this - don't make you a little perturbed.

I mean let's face the truth everyone. When people die, ignoring scientists advice - because they had FAITH some old man in the clouds is going to save them - it's just damn sad. I've known of kids who died - because their "believing" parents thought their kids didn't need a blood transfusion - FAITH was going to save them. It didn't.

In Canada, we've had kids taken from parents who wouldn't try chemotherapy - or radiation - because FAITH was going to save their child. It wouldn't.

It was FAITH that motivated the 9/11 murderers. It was FAITH that motivated the Ayatollah's death squads. It's FAITH that motivates the Taliban. It's FAITH that motivates the Chechens that blew up that school in Russia. It was FAITH motivated the man that murdered the Vancouver gynecologist. It was FAITH that motivated the Conquistadors to murder the original North Americans. It was FAITH that murdered so many during the Spanish Inquisition. It was FAITH that motivated the Salem witch trials. It was FAITH that motivated the Bali bombers. It was FAITH that caused the murder of the men serving on the USS Cole. Today the men in Iraq trying to kill US forces and the ones trying to kill US and Canadian forces in Afghanistan are all motivated by the same thing - FAITH.

FAITH - in what does not exist.

Get mad all you want, call me all the names you want.

It won't change the truth.

Some people can't handle the truth.

So people aren't entitled to have their own beliefs?

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
People can believe whatever they choose to believe. What many fail to account is that based on what they choose to believe about The Lord, the day of reckoning can have some fairly dire eventualities.

So believe what you want, but make sure that it contains "Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day, according to the scriptures."

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

NEEDLESS death - is, to me, a bad thing - for people anyways.

I care when people die - needlessly.

All your hyperbole is based around a premise of needless death?

Do praytell, explain what needless is, especially to a Christian.

Needless, I say, is spending your time on this rock stubbornly refusing to acknowledge the gift you have been offered by the Lord God Almighty.

Needless will be your eternal plight, IMO, and I pray that before you suffer an untimely exit from this life, you reconcile your animosity to the Provider.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,083 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,871
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.