Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I honestly do not know but she probably stands a better chance than the "Old Boys Club" of probable Republican candidates.

For Romney it's over, probably for Huckabee as well. I don't think Gingrich would do very well either. I was listening to Killmee (sp?) and Friends on Fox radio this morning and they think she is probably the best bet but probably can't beat him either.

I think whether she gets and accepts the nomination and bests Obama will all depend on tomorrow and what the Republicans do in Congress in the next two years. If the "Old Boys Club" of the Republican Party retains leadership of Congress and compromises with Obama on everything to advance Obama's agenda than it's all over for the Republicans.

What do you all think?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think she could, Tim-depending on how much more stupidity the Obama administration shows the next two years.
Also, if the economy continues to tank, that will help the Republican cause immensely, IMO.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If she got the nomination, I'd vote for her - again.

But let me toss in a dark horse name as the person who I think will actually get it: John Huntsman. He's the former governor of Utah (where he achieved great success for our economy) and was named Ambassador to China by Obama - probably to get him out of sight.

I'd vote for Hunstman in a heartbeat, as I would for Palin or Hunstman/Palin.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She's not running. She has all the influence and power she wants as a pundit and as a speaker for hire. Lots of cash, lots of love, few headaches.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rocky,
Is that Huntsman the same fellow that had(has?) the chemical company?

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is a list of potential presidential candidates as of last week that the Democratic Party is gathering info on ...

Sarah Palin
Mitt Romney
Haley Barbour
Tim Pawlenty
Newt Gingrich
John Thune
Mitch Daniels
Bobby Jindal

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The fly-in-the-ointment Tim is this, is the Republican "Old Boys Club" going to go alone with Obama or gridlock and say no more.

If the Republican "Old Boys Club" goes along with the Obama agenda then it's all over for the Republican Party. The Tea Party will then have to become an actual political party.

The "Old Boys Club" keeps saying we don't understand we have to meet Obama half way and I say no way Spud. I want to crush the Obama Regime and the Democrats with constitutional government.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tim,
I am hoping that the Tea Party will continue to gain momentum, and perhaps have a positive influence on the Repubs.
Of course, maybe I am just overly optimistic?

A guy can hope, at least.

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In my *opinion* she is not electable. The media has already "imprinted" on the great unwashed that she is a shrill, trailer-trash extremist and her family has not helped in this regard. Delving further into the pshyche of the masses, she does not have "command presence", then again they did elect the marxist so anything is possible. Now if life was fair and she was judged on her views, absolutely she could win, but as a whole package I'm not seeing it.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

OH! You Betcha! Sarah is running!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hatari
She's not running. She has all the influence and power she wants as a pundit and as a speaker for hire. Lots of cash, lots of love, few headaches.

Yep,you pretty much nailed it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
In my *opinion* she is not electable. The media has already "imprinted" on the great unwashed that she is a shrill, trailer-trash extremist and her family has not helped in this regard. Delving further into the pshyche of the masses, she does not have "command presence", then again they did elect the marxist so anything is possible. Now if life was fair and she was judged on her views, absolutely she could win, but as a whole package I'm not seeing it.

Pretty much how I see it too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Palin, even if she did run, cannot win. There are still too many voters out there that let the mainstream media do their thinking for them. Palin has been labeled "too dumb" to be President. The media likes that tag. They discovered how well it works, albeit too late, with Bush 43. Palin has been similarly branded and the sheeple of the general public believe it.

Like it or not, unless/until America wakes up, Palin is not a viable candidate. I'm not saying she couldn't nail down the GOP nomination, but she wouldn't be able to unseat Obama.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly, If it's Palin it's still Obama's to lose. I'm hoping for a dark horse, too. Paul Ryan?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

We were typing at the same time--I agree with this assessment as well!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The GOP needs a "new face". The problem with McCain, Dole, ect is that the are old, look old, talk old.....

What about John Thune or someone like him?

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

jorge,

I believe in what you're saying. There's too much negativity has been spewed by the media against her. It'd be a tough hurdle to overcome and there's a lot of folks that just don't like her.

I like her and her common sense attitude. I think she would make a great president. She's definitely NOT in the Old Boy's club and that's what we, as a country, need - IMHO.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yes she can. yes she can , yes she can,

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
How well Palin or another Republican might do in 2012 will boil down to just how well the economy is doing or if it's still in the tank.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can Palin beat Obama in 2012 if she gets the nomination?

Ray Price was short one side man for a gig one night and asked Willie Nelson "Can you play bass?"

"Can't everybody?" Willie asked.

If there's any national sanity come November 2012, the Roamin' Gnome could beat Pinocchiobama.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (17CalFan, 2ndwind, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 40 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,316
Posts18,526,398
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.