-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 512 of 1,842 1 2 510 511 512 513 514 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Making grouse for supper. Friend of mine gave me 6 of them. I rolled them in flour and fried them to a golden brown. Put them in a casserole dish and poured broccoli cheese soup with, milk, minced onion, garlic, salt, and pepper on top. I hope it is good. Never tried it, and didn't follow any recipe.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
well im going to make this my first post on the fire'. Ive read roughly the first 250 pages of this thread, and have been lurking well before i ever signed up on here. Dave, your little thread here is a special special thing. Im on quite a few outdoor forums, everything from reloading to drag racing, and this is BY FAR the most special thread on any of them. Good luck to you all during the upcoming gun season at camp chickenbuck.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Truck is lookin good Dave! Thats what the 'ol blue truck was for in the background of the mustang pic last spring! grin

Missy, you will love hunting with the new scope. It makes a big difference.

I went bowhunting last night. Went to an area and just plopped a blind chair down next to some scrub brush next to a bedding area. Had a fairly decent 8 point offer me a few shots between 15 and 20 yards but I passed on him. He was a real pretty deer but next year he'll be bigger if he survives the pumpkin bangers.

It was pretty cool sitting at eye level with him at that range.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like the "slow" sign by the door. Are you tacking that to the tailgate? grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by acooper1983
well im going to make this my first post on the fire'. Ive read roughly the first 250 pages of this thread, and have been lurking well before i ever signed up on here. Dave, your little thread here is a special special thing. Im on quite a few outdoor forums, everything from reloading to drag racing, and this is BY FAR the most special thread on any of them. Good luck to you all during the upcoming gun season at camp chickenbuck.

Well, you sound like you'll fit in just fine.

Welcome to the fire, glad to have you here.

Tom

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by acooper1983

Thanks for the nice words. Rick runs a great site here. Hope to hear more from you.

Originally Posted by tzone

The little guy drug that out. He gets into everything. It was from one of my first jobs flagging traffic out by Seattle.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Muffy
Making grouse for supper. Friend of mine gave me 6 of them. I rolled them in flour and fried them to a golden brown. Put them in a casserole dish and poured broccoli cheese soup with, milk, minced onion, garlic, salt, and pepper on top. I hope it is good. Never tried it, and didn't follow any recipe.

That sounds awesome!!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Originally Posted by tzone

The little guy drug that out. He gets into everything. It was from one of my first jobs flagging traffic out by Seattle.

Speaking of flagging... I was taking the kiddo's Tot'ing tonight. I was wearing a flourcent green jacket with reflector stripes on it, they kind you wear for cold weather road work and I had to take a leak. Well, I snuck betwee two un-lit houses and let er rip. Some dude from across the street starts yelling "hey, you're not hiding, you're glowing." I finished up with my business and he kept squacking saying the same thing over and over.

Finally, I told him, I wasn't trying to hide, I was taking a leak. Everybody but him got a chuckle out of it. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I hurt, everywhere! grin

dang truck put the hurt on me.

I might have to cool it on the truck for a bit now and get ready for deer hunting.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Welcome aboard. What calibers are you reloading for?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Know what you mean about the hurt Dave. I was on a ladder for a little over an hour on Friday and I sure felt it for a couple of days.

SIL shot a spike with the bow yesterday. Said he was tried of waiting for Mr. Big.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ya mon...it's time to put the tools away and get out the paper sacks full of long johns, pots full of chili, woolie bibs, orange vestes and 1/2 gallon jugs of Tink's 69.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
don't get all stove up before deer season, 'ol forky toes won't cut you a break wink

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a pair of woolie bibs yesterday, couldn't really afford it, but I can't afford to freeze to death either.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
No he wont cut me a break will he?

I better get my back straightened out before the weekend.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
eerrrr. mad Backs!

We'll have a pile of bad back at camp this year.

Grizzly Bill made me be careful when we were splitting wood last week, but she's still dicked up.

I walked on the treadmill yesterday for an hour, which helps. After a few hours though, it goes right back to sillyness.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
don't get all stove up before deer season, 'ol forky toes won't cut you a break wink

Yes he better, or it will be just like the song "The Tirdy Point Buck". His arms won't be frozen, he just will not be able to lift them because they are too sore. And there he was, gone. Old Forky Toes.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I bought a pair of woolie bibs yesterday, couldn't really afford it, but I can't afford to freeze to death either.

I'm stacked full of wool now. I bought some pants to go along with my bibs. You probably won't need them the first weekend though. Nice and warm it sounds like.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah I think I can get by with long handles and jeans this weekend. but I know with Icefishing coming up and cold weather that will get here for sure, I needed em. especially after I blew the leg zipper out of my old bibs last fall hunting.

had to leave class today because my back hurt so bad. I'm home on the couch wincing with the pain, not fun at all. hurts so bad I wanna throw up. I hope Kendra can drag her own deer smile and mine laugh if I can make it out there with her

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well opener here is looking grim, I've been fighting what we think is gout in my knees for over a week now. Can barely walk much less kneel down.

I've decided to try some recommeded home remedies (cherry juice) twice a day until the swelling at least goes down.

If not then we are gonna head out earlier then planned to give me time to climb into the blind. The mama volunteered to come with to help clean the deer if necessary as all the guys will be gone to Nodak.

If it werent for the two yard monsters being all excited I might have just passed on this year.

Page 512 of 1,842 1 2 510 511 512 513 514 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,231 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,483
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.