Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I've bought two myself that took months and months of saving and skimping to acquire. The others, my dad paid for. We shoot a handful of times a year, at most, and never much at all. And it's always a hassle.

I'm going to college for gunsmithing. It won't be a problem to have them at all.

I just said I wasn't going to buy the MP-25... Lord.

If all you're going to do is troll, feel free to do so elsewhere.

GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
You think I'm trolling?

Again, get over yourself.

I'm beginning to believe that helping you out, or attempting to, was/is a wasted cause.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Enlighten me as to how you're trying to help me.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by JustOneGunner
Enlighten me as to how you're trying to help me.

How far back do you want to take this one?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They have been trying to explain to you why that little Raven is a POS. Thats what i am seeing, but you got it in your head that steel is better. I used to be like that til I bought my XD, it has been down hill from there. Steel is nice, but heavy, I like carrying a full sized pistol and the XD is a boatload lighter! I have a keltec, I liked it so much I bought my Dad one, I will not own anything smaller than a 32 for a Bug.

Open your eyes, they were trying to be nice, now I see why they are getting sarcastic, cause you already have it in your head what you are going to do. Rock on with your bad self. (shakes head)

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You MIGHT kill pizz off a cat (sorry, T)

There, fixed it for you

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by T LEE
You MIGHT kill pizz off a cat (sorry, T)

There, fixed it for you

<laughing>

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
They have been trying to explain to you why that little Raven is a POS. Thats what i am seeing, but you got it in your head that steel is better. I used to be like that til I bought my XD, it has been down hill from there. Steel is nice, but heavy, I like carrying a full sized pistol and the XD is a boatload lighter! I have a keltec, I liked it so much I bought my Dad one, I will not own anything smaller than a 32 for a Bug.

Open your eyes, they were trying to be nice, now I see why they are getting sarcastic, cause you already have it in your head what you are going to do. Rock on with your bad self. (shakes head)

Okay.. And I said I wasn't going to buy one. More than once if I recall. So... wtf?

My first two pistols were polymer framed, and I like them well enough. I just prefer steel in pistol frames, for all applications. Given two comparable guns, I'd take the steel one, every time.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
[quote=JustOneGunnerMy first two pistols were polymer framed, and I like them well enough. I just prefer steel in pistol frames, for all applications. Given two comparable guns, I'd take the steel one, every time. [/quote]

I got a CZ85 that you would simply love!! It's heavy but one fine made pistol.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Original post: 03/27.

Finally saying, grudgingly, that you wouldn't get the POS: today.

Yeah, that line of defense is gonna work, too.... just like the expensive/inexpensive ammo one did (not), just like the rest have.

Now, how far back would you like to the run the "how am I trying to help you out" thing?

I'm shaking my head over a lot of this, as either your memory is short, your arrogance high, or both, as the only other option (intellect being low) is already known to be off the table. Stupid, you ain't.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Allen917
[quote=JustOneGunnerMy first two pistols were polymer framed, and I like them well enough. I just prefer steel in pistol frames, for all applications. Given two comparable guns, I'd take the steel one, every time.

I got a CZ85 that you would simply love!! It's heavy but one fine made pistol.[/quote]

Sarcasm?

The CZ85 family is fine by me, but if I was going that route, I'd probably get a Hi Power.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Nope no Sarcasm! You said you prefer a steel pistol and the CZ85 is a great gun as opposed to the MP25 Raven which is zinc potmetal. I literally wore mine out with less than 250 rds through it.

Nothing wrong with my Hi-Power either.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Allen917
Nope no Sarcasm! You said you prefer a steel pistol and the CZ85 is a great gun as opposed to the MP25 Raven which is zinc potmetal. I literally wore mine out with less than 250 rds through it.

Nothing wrong with my Hi-Power either.

I see, I see. If I was going to spend any kind of money, I'd be getting something besides a pocket pistol, but yeah. Sounds like I'm better off leaving the MP-25 be.

K
K
I joined this forum mainly to necro this thread where people bash the Raven MP25 and the starter of this thread for the mere mention of buying one. I have owned a Raven MP25 for years and have had no problems with it, after literally hundreds of rounds through the gun its still flinging spent brass down the neck of my shirt and biting the web of my hand. laugh

I'm sure that since several months have gone by the starter of this thread is no longer considering buying one of these but for the record I've seen tons of MP25 pistols go through far more than 200 rounds without breaking and a headshot from the .25acp will do more than give someone a headache. I find it hilarious that so many internet "police officers of 30 years" and "drill instructors" have personally seen the MP25 shoot someone in the head and have the bullet deflect off or have seen the MP25 break within 50 shots. These guns are cheap, both in construction and materials, but they will still kill you super dead if the guy knows how to use it properly and my dads been shooting his for years, the only thing to ever break on this was the firing pin and you can get a steel one that will last you forever.

As far as the zinc guns discussion goes, zinc guns do not handle powerful rounds very well. If you're buying a zinc gun, I wouldn't go over .32acp or else you're inevitably going to have problems but .22 and .25 will do just fine. Never buy a zinc .380 or 9mm.

I'm not a firearms instructor, I'm not some guy at a gun shop who saw one billion of these guns, and I'm not a retired police officer, I'm just a guy who has seen plenty of these pistols work just fine and thinks that most internet gurus haven't actually owned one and are repeating secondhand stories. It seems that every time I hear bad things about these it is about some guy who knew a guy whose hands were blown off and now he has to write with his toes...yet as hard as I try I can't find any documented injuries from MP25s due to failures reported.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
KILN:
- - -
WELCOME to the Campfire. Hope you stick around.

A friend bought his 'first' handgun, a new Raven MP-25 many years ago- for maybe $60?

He still shoots his Raven, and still loves it. (He has since acquired two CZ pistols.)

K
K
P_Weed:

Thanks for the welcome, I've got all sorts of firearms ranging from $100 to $600+, the Raven was my first pistol and is still one of my favorites...I hate to see people who have probably never owned one bashing them when I know for a fact that they do not break down as frequently as people would have you believe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll have to add my two cents worth to this, as I have owned a Raven since 1995. Bought it used from my friends gun shop when he took it in with a couple other guns on some kind of package deal trade. He said; "I don't stock these things, but it came along as part of the deal; If you want it, gimme 25 bucks".... So I did. Checked my shooting log book and in those 15 years I've put 207 rounds through it. Had to replace the firing pin in '06 but that's it. I wouldn't carry it for personal defense 'cause they really are a bottom of the line economy grade gun. Mine looks like it's a "pot metal special" or whatever that metal is. It's always fired & functioned OK except for that firing pin, but gun parts corp. has those. I mainly keep it as a curiosity piece. If I carry a handgun there are several others in the safe that I have a lot more faith in and are in a better caliber.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Thanks for supply my son with sage advice guys. I've been trying, but he's as stubborn and skeptical as his old man, and needed to hear it from some other sources. I used to work in a gun shop and we sold those POS Ravens for $39.99 brandy new. About half of them came back in the first month. People would be really pizzed when they tried to trade them in on a better POS and the shop owner wouldn't take them back. Gee.......wonder why?

the standard joke around here is that these were made that way for a reason. In the ghetto when they were pulled they would jam and you wouldn't be in as much danger when you shot the sucker with it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (10Glocks, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 673, 1_deuce, 10 invisible), 1,626 guests, and 804 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,508
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.