Campfire 'Bwana
N
sounds like a solid plan

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by big drift
Oh somebody video tape that, ND marching off to do battle with Forky Toes in the swamp. I thought you were a hollywood marine? What you think your doing messing with that critter back there.

Forky Toes gonna get his critter posse and open a can monkey butt on ya like you will never forget.

Now seriously, ya gotta bushwhack 'em. Get some of Natty Light and lay down a scent trail from all corners of the swamp to a nice open elevated and hopefully reinforced stand. Then you leave a case of Natty in the open for him to come into.

When he steps out blammo, kablam, boom, pow, pop, whammo from everybody set up in a ambush and down he'll go. And best part no having to outrun T-zone and Ryan getting away from the squid.

Thats what I'd do mmhmm, yep.

Boy that would be a much bigger battle that the one with the jackrabbit. If that rabbit beat the heck out of him, could you imagine what forky toes would do. We'd be makin' a trip to the ER.

I really need a camcorder. I guess I should have bought one of those instead of my rangefinder. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey, that was a big damn rabbit.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did something similar this fall, only I ended up with 3 mallards. story at camp smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I did something similar this fall, only I ended up with 3 mallards. story at camp smile

Can't wait to hear it!!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Turns out those wild jack rabbits don't care to be handled. They especially don't care to be shaken vigorously by the neck.

They don�t teach that in school.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I once saw a farside cartoon of a hunter in the deep woods, there was a sign that said "if you're reading this sign then you are lost"

I thought it was pretty funny smile

I'll have to stick a sign like that out in the adirondacks this year !!! cool

Bummer about Kendra , you both have a great start on next year though smile

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL ya had ta go there didn't ya laugh

Forky Toes gonna get his critter posse and open a can monkey butt on ya like you will never forget.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
do we get to go through the rascally wabbit story again after dark thirty? thats a classic!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
God I hope not grin

Good luck everybody!!

Dave out.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
do we get to go through the rascally wabbit story again after dark thirty? thats a classic!!

But of course. Just have to wait for the right time (after dark, by the fire, and after the Natty light has kicked in).
When you coming out there?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh crap, someone quick pack the Muffy fire pit protection devices we cant have them dang ol' logs sneaking up on her again like last year.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
She needs fire pit protection, mud pit protection, what else ya need muffster? grin

I'm all fired up. Just got back from lunch with Redneck. He showed me the most beautiful rifle I've ever seen. No way I'd ever be able to buy something like that. It would sit in the gun cabinet. Man what a pretty gun.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm fairly new to the "campfire" and it didn't take me very long to figure out that you "chickenbuck" guys are CRAZY!!!! Fun reads!!!! Good Luck everybody!!!!

"Deer Camp... how can you not like this place?!?"
Is it November 15th yet???
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well the fire pit and mud protection I do need. I'm sure we will come up with more by the end of the weekend.

BD, it is not only the flying bears and swamp squids you have to worry about up there. They have walking firewood too. laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
double checked the rifles, stopped by cabelas so my buddy could pick up some stuff and bought a slim jim holster for my single six, it was only 20 bucks and I didn't have anything for it, soo... it found a new home.

checked where we're hunting on the way home, we have a few hundred acres to hunt, unfortunately 99% of it is bare field with no corn or anything, but there is a small ditch with scattered trees, that will work, I'm gettin pumped!!!!!!!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
just went up to Fleet Farm and bought my license. Got the orange buried in the leaf pile. Tonite, I will go find some gear in the basement. I will be hunting out of the house kinda. Our land is about 25 miles from here so I get to sleep in my own bed next to my own wife! How great is that? Plus, we still have the deer camp environment up there in one of my uncles sheds! Man, that is living.

Oh, get this. Alex is playing its playoff football game tomorrow and my brother who is a sophomore, is dressing for the game so he cant go hunting! Hahahaa! i told him i was gonna sit in his stand. But he will only get at max 3 opportunities at the High School Football thing and he will have about 60 more years of deer hunting, so it is a good decision.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Welcome to Deer Camp 3stars. Couldn't have picked a better time. It's crazy season.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go freshen my scrape. grin

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 3stars
I'm fairly new to the "campfire" and it didn't take me very long to figure out that you "chickenbuck" guys are CRAZY!!!! Fun reads!!!! Good Luck everybody!!!!

Shoot man, we ain't crazy. Just fun.

Welcome to the fire.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Made it to the range again this PM. Took my 87 year old uncle along to site in his rifles. The old boy can still put them right into the bullseye.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Page 521 of 1,842 1 2 519 520 521 522 523 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.