Hop To
Gary O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Got any ideas? Something around $3-4 thousand, 5-7 days..thanks

Last edited by Gary O; 11/05/10.

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
$3-4M (million) will buy any safari available! If you meant $3-4K (thousand) check with JJHack here on AR. His South African safaris are first rate and Jim delivers on what he promises. I believe his web site is huntingadventures.net

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Gary, you can find a decent PG hunt for the price you are quoting, but that won't include the airline ticket, or taxidermy.

Also, it's a long way to Africa from here. I would suggest saving a while longer and going on a 10 day hunt. 8 days at the absolute minimum. Here is who we hunted with, in 2008. Also several other people on the board have hunted with them as well.

www.cruisersafaris.com/

maddog

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My first was to Namibia and will be going back in 2012!

Keerweder Safaris

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by maddog
I would suggest saving a while longer and going on a 10 day hunt. 8 days at the absolute minimum.

Great advice!

My first and only safari was to Namibia in 2008 and it was an awesome experience....It was for 7 days but 10 days would have been PERFECT!!!

There's not a day I don't dream of returning...

Good luck...GO FOR IT!!!!

You only live once!!! laugh

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ODay450
$3-4M (million) will buy any safari available! If you meant $3-4K (thousand) check with JJHack here on AR.

A lot of folks, especially in banking, use M instead of K. A single M represents thousands and two M's are millions. in short, $3M is $3,000 while $3MM is 3 million.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Check with Marius VanDeventer at Africa Bushveld Safaris. He has exactly what you are asking for, and will show you a great hunt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would have to agree that 5 - 7 days which could be 3 - 5 hunting days depending upon your flight arrival and departure may be disappointing. I have done shorter and longer, but 7 - 9 hunting days seems about right for me.

I would recommend also looking at Pieter Kriel (http://www.huntinginafrica.co.za/index.htm).

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Check with Marius VanDeventer at Africa Bushveld Safaris. He has exactly what you are asking for, and will show you a great hunt.

I agree, been with him several times.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went with Nitro Safaris in August of 2010 and had a great trip. Barry can probably put something together for what you want. Here are some sample packages:
http://www.nitrosafaris.co.za/packages.htm

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
IC B3

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Check out EAI Outdoors. They book hunts in several locations, including Africa. I booked through them for PG in RSA last year and was fully satisfied (Kubusi Safaris is the S.A. Outfitter). Kubusi offers several packages for PG and are within your range for the hunt or you can go daily rate and trophy fee(remember, as mentioned above you will have to add in transportation to get there and back and taxidermy). Kubusi has their own taxi business also, or they will dip & pack for shipment to the taxi of your choice.
EAI took care of all the paperwork, arrainged airline tickets and insurance for us also.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ask yourself some questions and then make a list of what is important to you on this trip. Some of the questions you might want to ask yourself. Is it to gain a specific experience? Are certain animals important? Is there a specific kind of terrain or vegetation that are important. Are fenced areas a problem, no matter how big? Do you want to stay in a lodge setting or a ranch house? Do you want to stay with a small group or would you prefer to be with a larger group? Do you want to hunt where there is dangerous game? What style of hunting do you want to do?
There are a lot more questions to ask yourself, that will really narrow down where you will want to hunt and who you might want to hunt with.
The best advice I got when I started searching for my hunt of a lifetime was "Don't go bottom fishing." It was good advice.
Good Luck, it's a great time.
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
www.cruisersafaris.com

Very well priced 7,8 and 10 day safaris , Excellent folks ,my wife and I went in 09 and returning in 2012 and bringing other couples.
Great camp, meals and excellent trophies.
In 8 days I took a 53" Kudu, 25" Impala, and a 12 1/2 " warthog among others.

8 day safari is around $3750 including 5 trophys. Kudu, Warthog, Impala,Blue wildebeast,Blesbok.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've made the mistake of taking my mother on my two previous trips (RSA 2007 and Zim 2010). She's always tagged along as my photographer and has saved me worrying about taking the photos. Now she keeps saying "I'd like to shoot one of those" or things like "I coudl shoot hyenas". This leaves me in a real conundrum...who will take the photos???

Every time I've been I always wish I was staying a few more days. For that reason I'd say it would be wise to book for 10 or 12 days. To go all that way for a week will accomplish nothing more than make you feel rushed and get you back to work sooner. And on a PG hunt how much more are you looking at to add 3-4 days...a thousand or fifteen hundred bucks?

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Blackfly1
Ask yourself some questions and then make a list of what is important to you on this trip. Some of the questions you might want to ask yourself. Is it to gain a specific experience? Are certain animals important? Is there a specific kind of terrain or vegetation that are important. Are fenced areas a problem, no matter how big? Do you want to stay in a lodge setting or a ranch house? Do you want to stay with a small group or would you prefer to be with a larger group? Do you want to hunt where there is dangerous game? What style of hunting do you want to do?
There are a lot more questions to ask yourself, that will really narrow down where you will want to hunt and who you might want to hunt with.
The best advice I got when I started searching for my hunt of a lifetime was "Don't go bottom fishing." It was good advice.
Good Luck, it's a great time.
Bfly

Good Advice.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,866
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.