Page 529 of 1,842 1 2 527 528 529 530 531 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by SSB
Do bucks just sorta follow CBF around?

Ya know what? I think they do.

Thanks for the well wishes too.

I know they follow him around because he has shot a nice buck the past 3 years with either a bow or rifle. I'm hunting a 13 point our neighbor got on his game camera. It is a nice 12 with a drop tine. I hope to get it so I can finally say "I got a buck", and a nice one too. laugh

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Health levels returning to near normal, grabbing a cup of coffee and out the door heading to work.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We still need details on those deer.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Congrats Tom. Bet the wife is happy too.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, that's the cleanest gut job I've ever seen. laugh

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the buddy I've been hunting with around here took a little buck yesterday, I've been trying to sneak out here and there but I just have too much homework to get done if I want to go hunting this weekend.

yes tom it will be tomorrow when I get up there, I'm hoping to get there about 1-2 ish.

Dave, did my stand get put out, or is it still in camp? I have a portable I'll be bringing up too just in case.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sure is overcast today, and a little foggy. seems the weather might turn a little and cool off and drop some moisture, anyone else think thats possible? I haven't checked the weather yet, just going off how it feels

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Congrats Tom. Bet the wife is happy too.

She is. It is a contract job for now. It sounds pretty permanant.

I also will be on my way to an interview as soon as the kids get on the bus today. Things are starting to pick up, it looks like. This will be my 4th interview in a month, with some serious potential on a few of them.

I hate to be selfish, but if a better offer comes along, I'll give it a look at least. Have to look at what's best for the family. One of the jobs is in Brunsville, which is about as far away from our house you can get. Several others are much closer.

It's a relief.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thats great news Tom!, now if you can put forky toes in his grave, that will make your year right there!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
supposed to get rain today then it's supposed to continue into tomorrow & turn to snow.

I wish it would just snow.

the road to camp is at it's worse ever. A shot of rain isn't going to do it any good, boy it's going to be tough going if we get any measurable amount of rain.

Ryan, I think the boys put your stand out, we'll have to check with Justin, he know's where it's at, sounds like they found a good spot for it but I'm not sure where it is exactly.

I'll be to camp after dark on Thursday.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How about that clearcut by that blind we built last year?

Where I sat. I'd like to hang a portable there tomorrow, if nobody's sitting there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good to see you getting back in the grind Tzone. Too bad it has to come after a weekend at the chickenbuck! hoping to make it out there maybe friday night. So much to do. Les shot a dandy 13 pnt last night, we'll bring that with to show and tell too. otherwise, its been so so, a big 11pnt, a club buck, that goofy, good to get rid of, a nice 8 last night as well, and about 5 does so far for us. Keep up the good work and get out the swampers!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Tom, there is a portable on the far east end of that cut. west side (the side your blind is on) would be a good spot for a ladder stand too tho.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Weathers suppossed to change here on Friday. Chance of rain turning to snow over the weekend.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
startin to spit a little rain here, not much but its gettin colder

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Woo Hoo. just paid for my new ranger, think it'll get muddy this weekend!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I know where there is some mud....

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Me too. Think I may have to have Tom and Ryan come get me and my stuff with the Prowler, if you get much more rain up there. I will sit at the clearing and honk till you come pick me up. laugh

Last edited by Muffy; 11/10/10.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
To those asking, yes I killed a ruff grouse with a beer bottle.

I use blue moon pumpkin ale, brown bottle, empty, underhand swing to the side/rear of grouse head.

You should get a nice "clink!" noise if you do it right followed by the ruff grouse flap of death.

I put my eyes on zero deer so far, as have most in our group.

Runs with scissors (Nate) flopped a doe on the evening of opening day at about 4:50. I would guess the shot to be about 100 yds through pretty heavy cover straight behind the ladder stand he was in near a new logging cut. Had to stand up and turn around to shoot.

High shoulder shot, she went straight down & stayed down. 30-06

Bang flop (Justin) had a couple deer chase through a narrow shooting opening off his left shoulder as he sat in a hang on stand he had just set up. First one blew through the opening & he didn't have time to react. But he heard another deer coming (the buck) He took aim on the narrow opening and as soon as he saw movement he swung to stay with it & cracked one off. Neck shot 300 win mag. Rolled the 8 pointer.

It was a good opening week, like I said a sinus type cold has threw me a curve ball so far. But I feel like I could be coming out of it now.

We got some exterior trim up on the cabin, built a wood box for inside the cabin and built a new counter top in the kitchen.

I did some stand work on Pams stand yesterday, I still have faith in that spot.

There is a fresh rub by the ladder stand Pam used to wammy a spike buck last year.

I may roll into town and look at insulated muck style boots as that stand is on an island in the swamp, very hard to get to and stay dry.

oh, almost forgot to mention Weezy pert near rolled my 77 ford the other day out on a forest road.

She pulled way over for an aproaching truck that figured he needed the entire road and she wacked it into the swamp really bad.

In my sickest hour during opening week I along with justin, my dad and the other boys went to retrieve the "stuck" truck.

It was on its side so hard that all the fuel in the tanks was unreachable by the fuel pickup tubes, so we couldn't get it running. We drug it out backwards with my tractor and Justin's truck hooked together.

I know I still need to pull the front hubs & wheel bearings on that truck because it sat in deeeeeep water for over an hour.

I'm still not quite over that eppisode yet.

I told her today when she insisted on driving my old truck again... Basically I said , (with marine drill instructor language) that if she goofed up again, even a little bit, I am going to go crazy. Not just normal crazy either, we're talkin 5 o'clock news crazy. As in "what made that guy snap?"

crazy

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to hear more about the beer bottle/grouse thing... grin

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Page 529 of 1,842 1 2 527 528 529 530 531 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,316
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.