Campfire Ranger
M
oh! browNING. not brownEYE.

sorry, my mistake. ahem.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I took a very deep breath before I posted that.

It is still difficult to share that part of my life, but it has to be said.

OK, Nomex underwear on, asbestos suit on, fire extiguisher handy, fresh cup of coffee, marshmallow stick & bag of marshmallows close at hand...yup, I'm ready for the intolerant.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
At least my son doesn't want a pink gun. That would probably put me over the limit...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be careful,

MJ owns pink guns. You'll hurt his feeler.. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I took a very deep breath before I posted that.

It is still difficult to share that part of my life, but it has to be said.

OK, Nomex underwear on, asbestos suit on, fire extiguisher handy, fresh cup of coffee, marshmallow stick & bag of marshmallows close at hand...yup, I'm ready for the intolerant.

Ed

Good on ya Brother. There ain't one person in this world we can control but ourselves, and most of use ain't too good at that. Anybody who would blame a parent for the actions of a post pubescent child are ignorant.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I ain't gonna TOUCH his "feeler"! laugh

If MJ has a pink gun, that's OK with me, 'cause it don't come to my house where I have to see it...

Ed

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
To state that I don't believe homosexuality to be genetic, does not mean I hate all homosexuals. That is a leap taken by the anti - Christian left. Physical structure is diverse enough in all animals, that I would not state that a genetic root for homosexuality would never be found, but to state that it is scientific fact that it HAS been found is incorrect. In any case, abnormalities do exist. The vast majority of gays choose their lifestyle. I have personally seen the predatory nature of older gays working on a young guy. They pick a vulnerable, "misfit", and embrace him, incrementally indocrinating him to the life. Not being a clinical psychologist, I could not even venture a guess as to the influences on children who don't fit the norm.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
"I have personally seen the predatory nature of older gays working on a young guy. They pick a vulnerable, "misfit", and embrace him, incrementally indocrinating him to the life. Not being a clinical psychologist, I could not even venture a guess as to the influences on children who don't fit the norm"

Bender,
The very first criminal trial I sat in on was for a homosexual pedophile predator who was accused of grooming, sexually assaulting, and forcing two young brothers into sex acts with him and each other over a period of years. The boys were vulnerable due to their family status, the lack of direction from their mother (non-existant Dad) and lack of oversight.
Both of those boys have some deep-seated issues that will affect them for the rest of their lives. The older boy, who was 13 at the time, started crying on the stand (the bastid made them go to trial instead of pleading out because it was "his right") and told the jury that he didn't know if he was supposed to be gay or straight. His younger brother, who he was forced to rape by the perp, couldn't talk about it. They had to get the clinical psychologist to testify with videotapes of the interviews to show how damaged this kid was.

Imagine what went through my mind when I found out my youngest was a homosexual....

So, yes, there are those who have been "trained" and those who just "are".
The ones who "are" I believe are a genetic variant. Most cultures abhor homosexuality and it is death to be discovered. If it were a controllable "choice" for all, why would they exist?

It is a very diverse world we live in. I don't have to like all of it and I don't.

Ed

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
APD, as far as I'm concerned you do not need a fire suit.

My intolerance is reserved for those who sensationalize homosexuals.

I am also intolerant of people who assign the tag of phobia to it.

I honestly don't care what people do in private. Why shouild I ever know????

I also stated earlier, I do not understand it. I also feel that it is a choice.

And I will stick by my earlier question - What do we accept next?

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Joe788

I honestly don't care what people do in private. Why should I ever know????

that's kind of my point.....if people took care of their business in private there is no reason why who they sleep with should be a public issue in the first place.

I have no idea whether homos are born, made, or some combination. It does seem to run in families, but that could argue either way. Parents who encourage feminine behavior in their sons, one would think, are more likely to get homosexual sons.....one would think.

I have gay neighbors, employees, and relatives....it really isn't a very big deal with me as long as everybody maintains some civilized level of modesty and decorum about it. Unfortunately, a substantial minority of gays are determined to stick it in the face of society, and will not accept mere tolerance.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
"And I will stick by my earlier question - What do we accept next?"

Joe,
Understood, thus my comment about judging, not condemning.
We all have to judge, we all have to choose. We don't have to "accept" anything for ourselves.
Your point is missed by a lot of folks who feel it necessary to attack something, make it bigger than it was, just because they don't want it in their house.
I respect your opinion on the "choice", but we'll have to agree to disagree.
The verbiage used by homosexuals also makes matters worse.
I too, am not "phobic" about homosexuality, I just don't like it, don't need to study it, don't need to participate (UGHGH)
in it, and don't want it shoved in my face.
As to the term "Gay" you'll notice I have not used that term at all.
To me, "Gay" means light-hearted, fun, cheerful, etc... I find absolutely nothing light-hearted in the life that a lot of homosexuals have to live.

Thanks for clarifying where you stand, I hope I have made myself a bit clearer as well.
As my wife tells me "Be clearer, sooner". Some horse-training wisdom she has.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Amen!

Ed

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
It's already too late, he'll be playing with Barbie dolls next. Kids start to pick up their general traits well before starting school.

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Don't get me started!!!

A hunting buddy's gf just got a pink 10/22, she wants the pink camo shotgun next, then the AR, then the pistol, then the taser. And I get yelled at for the top of my hoodie being black and flaring geese!! grin Wait til the pink shows up in the blind!

Last edited by shortcake20; 11/10/10.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm sorry, but that's just not right! laugh

On the flip side, if it will get my niece out on the range, I'm all for it!
I got her hooked on trad archery this summer and she tore up some targets with my model 39 Mountie, so there is hope!

Ed

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
My brother is gay. I have known it since he was around 11yrs old. He is 39 now.

After watching everything he went through, especially with my dad, there is no way anyone can or will say to convince me that it's a choice. No one would put themselves through that mental torture for years on end. No one. Is it genetic, probably. I don't know for sure. But if you had to live with what he has, people would dance a different tune.

As an aside, he is not one of those in your face gays. He keeps to himself and lives his life. A life more fulfilling since he came out of the closet. He's been with the same guy for more than 10yrs now. Can't say that for a lot of heterosexuals.

Anyone ever think that when some where not like the many in "Biblical" times, it was easier to outcast them and damn them to hell so as to label them? I'm Catholic, and this has been the biggest test of my faith. I am not so inlined to believe everything in the bible to 100% accurate anymore. Cast that first stone if you wish, but make damn sure you don't hit your mirror first.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BLG
After watching everything he went through, especially with my dad, there is no way anyone can or will say to convince me that it's a choice. No one would put themselves through that mental torture for years on end. No one.

I tend to agree. If not, we would have very few Priests.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1badf350, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 1,780 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,230
Posts18,524,776
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.