Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Auburn, playing for a shot at the title, AT 'Bama, with 'Bama having the defending Heisman winner against Newton in the driver's seat for the current Heisman?

No, that one is simply going to be patty-cake all day for both sides.

OU/OSU, though, is likely to be far more... "physical"?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WGM
Jim ...

no arguments from me on your showing the illegal blocks that UGA was throwing ... but we also all know that doesn't excuse anything done by anyone in terms of 'retaliatory' illegal hits/blocks ... you know ... the whole "two wrongs don't make a right" thing ...

I also agree with 280shooter's statement:

Originally Posted by 280shooter
You can defend late hits and dirty hits as much as you like, doesn't much change the facts though, does it?

I agree, but I think I'm going to join you folks on the "if it's legal, it aint dirty" bandwagon here. Y'all have convinced me. grin

Fairley had one late hit in that game...probably retaliatory for being chop blocked and such. Still uncalled for, and I'd have been fine if he had been ejected for it.

War Damn Eagle!

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Assuming that all the top teams win the rest of the games they should win, I just hope that LSU ends up laying TOFU again ... (grin)

-WGM-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Auburn, playing for a shot at the title, AT 'Bama, with 'Bama having the defending Heisman winner against Newton in the driver's seat for the current Heisman?

Sean, it will be a hard fought game, but it's almost always clean. The AU/UGA game has history.

War Damn Eagle!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by .280Rem

Sean, it will be a hard fought game, but it's almost always clean. The AU/UGA game has history.

Clean, as is played, vs. clean as is called, are two completely different things.

We'll see.

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by WGM
Assuming that all the top teams win the rest of the games they should win, I just hope that LSU ends up laying TOFU again ... (grin)

I'm almost thinking that tofu should be given to South Carolina this time around.

They need a "freebie"....

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I'm going to join you folks on the "if it's legal, it aint dirty" bandwagon here. Y'all have convinced me. grin

Since it's worked it's way into the conversation ... I'll just say this. In sports, what's "legal" (i.e. within the rules) IS what defines the boundaries of "morality" and "ethics" ... end of story.

The only "unethical" things are those which happen outside the rules ... everything else SHOULD be expected, taught, and prepared for...

-WGM-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Clean, as is played, vs. clean as is called, are two completely different things.

We'll see.

You think I don't know the history of this game? Most former players will tell you the same thing. Believe what you want.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by bxroads
I should point out that Fairley has only one late hit all year. As for him driving quaterbacks into the ground in attempt to hurt them....of course thats what he's doing and there's no rules against it. Knocking quaterbacks out of the game is what a nose guard is suppose to do. Don't like it, watch soccer.

You can defend late hits and dirty hits as much as you like, doesn't much change the facts though, does it?

Not defending late hits...they should be called. The whole game was chippy. The AU/UGA game often is. Fairley had shots taken at him all game as well.

I know you're not and it wasn't directed at you.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
History is one thing, and much like the Big Can't Count's reputation, history don't take the field nor play/decide the game.

It's always one to watch.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Did a little research. The Times-Herald newspaper in Newnan, Georgia, on September 23, 2009 recorded a city council meeting with Cecil Newton and Melvin Cooper (the general contractor) hired by Newtons church. The submitted plans to bring the church building up to code. At that time the church had the money to proceed with the work once it was approved by the coucil. So this was BEFORE Auburn recruited Cam Newton and 5 months BEFORE he signed with Auburn.

The guy that was "supposed" to be representing Cam Newton is under investigation by the FBI for fraud already, and his business had filed for bankrupcy. He needed the money. So, I think all this stuff is just stirring the pot by someone who has a vendetta against Auburn. This local news paper story was never reported on the national news. If Newton wasn't elligible, Auburn wouldn't keep playing him. Why would they? Doesn't make any sense. If anything is true, why hasn't proof been shown, like hotel bills and registration when the Newtons were supposed to meed with this guy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the Iron Bowl ought to be a hell of a game this year.....probably a much better game than LSU/Ole Miss. the Rebs....oh, excuse me....the black bears or whatever the hell they call them now....have really been in a tailspin and showed their ass massively at Tennessee.

I would think tOSU would refuse to come to the Sugar Bowl to play LSU again after last time. I'm thinking LSU might end up there against TCU or in the Cotton Bowl against the other OSU.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by WGM
I think I'm going to join you folks on the "if it's legal, it aint dirty" bandwagon here. Y'all have convinced me. grin

Since it's worked it's way into the conversation ... I'll just say this. In sports, what's "legal" (i.e. within the rules) IS what defines the boundaries of "morality" and "ethics" ... end of story.

The only "unethical" things are those which happen outside the rules ... everything else SHOULD be expected, taught, and prepared for...

You don't mean "trick plays", too, do you? wink

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
the Iron Bowl ought to be a hell of a game this year.....probably a much better game than LSU/Ole Miss. the Rebs....oh, excuse me....the black bears or whatever the hell they call them now....have really been in a tailspin and showed their ass massively at Tennessee.

I would think tOSU would refuse to come to the Sugar Bowl to play LSU again after last time. I'm thinking LSU might end up there against TCU or in the Cotton Bowl against the other OSU.

As stated; give tofu to the GameCocks this time. The "ol' ball coach" would have a field day.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok fellas ... quick aside from this conversation ... Let's switch to conference "names" for a moment ...

With all the re-alignment going on, why wouldn't the Big Ten change their name to get rid of the "ten" part? Aren't they tired of being called "The Big Can't Count" ???

This was/is the perfect opportunity for them to choose a name that doesn't reflect the number of teams in the conference so that when it expands to 16 teams (which it will eventually) they won't still be the "Big Ten". Same thing for the Big XII ... just change it to something else.

Morons ...

-WGM-
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The Big 12 owns most of the other names that the Big Can't Count would use, as in trademarked owned, thus, Big Can't Count will remain such.

IIRC, Big 12 owns that, Big 14, and Big 16... So, Big Can't Count would have to drop the "big" part, at a minimum, and since that's likely the only place they get to hear that adjective in description of their conference/teams, well...

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
point is, "big whatever" was/is a stupid conference name to begin with ...

-WGM-
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Since when as "stupid" been a bar to something in CFB?

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you're just feeling frisky now, after having such a "delightful afternoon" ... (grin)

-WGM-
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been to over 25 UGA vs AU games....

Its like two brothers fighting in the back yard, it can get very nasty........

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.