Print Thread
Hop To
Page 539 of 1,842 1 2 537 538 539 540 541 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I think there's a processor in deer river. Used to be anyways. I installed some equipment in a plant there about 20 years ago.

They were a big opperation back then. I'm possitive they sell in larger volume, big bags like feed bags.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
moose lake seems the place, 10 lb bad for 50-60 bucks, not too bad. hmmmm seems the ticket

next question is cultivated or wild grown?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'll shoot you a PM with a phone number Ryan, deer river wild rice has been in business for around 30 years I think.

They should be competitive with their pricing.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
it's them or moose lake i'm thinkin of, one of the 2....

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where is that Moose Lake located?

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Foot of snow here yesterday. -11* at home this morning but no wind so it didn't feel too bad. But as Muffy stated, more snow and high winds expected for tomorrow night and thursday. Perfect for driving down to Deerwood, MN for Turkey Day. smirk

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Moose Lake wild rice company in Deer River MN area. There is a Moose Lake north east of the town of Deer River. The Moose Lake rice company is between the town & moose lake.

Closer to Moose Lake actually.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Foot of snow here yesterday. -11* at home this morning but no wind so it didn't feel too bad. But as Muffy stated, more snow and high winds expected for tomorrow night and thursday. Perfect for driving down to Deerwood, MN for Turkey Day. smirk

And then for driving north to camp chickenbuck for muzzle loader hunting??

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Rooster7

And then for driving north to camp chickenbuck for muzzle loader hunting??

Not sure on THIS weekend for ML at CB yet because I don't know what the plans are exactly or how long we are going to stay at our friends in Deerwood. I would say its leaning more toward next weekend for CB but if this storm keeps me home for turkey day, its a real possibility that I would be up to camp by friday afternoon.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We have been doing a lot of food plots for a while at our place. here is what I think you should consider planting:

1. Rape
2. Rye
3. Turnips
4. Clover

I have had no luck with the deer liking pumpkins. They just walk right by them. Maybe my deer are pumpkin snobs, I dunno, but we havent had much luck with them. I will say that these are the ones we through out after Halloween. They sit there for a lonnnnng time. But rape now, that stuff is a magnet. Unbelievable how they love that stuff. And the great part of it, and this applies to you because you only have small areas to plant, is that they dont really bother it much until after freeze up. That way, it is still there at deer hunting. That is a real problem with small food plots. The deer eat them completely by Oct 1 and you are out of luck.

Oh, and you can hunt over, in, under, through and alongside a foot plot. Bait? No. Food plot? Yes. Just dont pick whatever it is you grow, that turns it into bait.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never understood why you can hunt over a corn field yet if you plant a small field for deer its baiting, is that right? makes no sense to me

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
If it's growing it's legal. Or if it's grown there and still standing.

If you pick the cobs, shuck em and pile them up it's baiting.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had this type of conversation with the wildlife manager in our camp area and concur with your interpretation. If it is growing on the vines/stalks in the field or plot it is okay but you cannot haul a bunch of pumpkins in and spread them around if they were not grown in the field. Corn planted and unharvested is okay but picked or shelled and piled in the field is not ok. Imagine the same for bales of hay or alfalfa but not sure.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rflshtr
I had this type of conversation with the wildlife manager in our camp area and concur with your interpretation. If it is growing on the vines/stalks in the field or plot it is okay but you cannot haul a bunch of pumpkins in and spread them around if they were not grown in the field. Corn planted and unharvested is okay but picked or shelled and piled in the field is not ok. Imagine the same for bales of hay or alfalfa but not sure.

From MN DNR:

Among the baiting restrictions are:

�bait or feed� is grain, fruit, vegetables, nuts, hay, or other food that is capable of attracting or enticing deer and that has been placed by a person
hunters are not allowed to use or hunt over bait or feed or hunt in the vicinity of bait or feed if the hunter knows about or has reason to know about the placement of the bait or feed
a person otherwise in compliance with this section who is hunting on private or public property that is adjacent to the property where bait or feed is present is not in violation if the person has not participated in, been involved with, or agreed to baiting or feeding wildlife on the adjacent property
an area is considered baited for 10 days after complete removal of the bait or feed
liquid scents, salt, minerals, and bird feeders containing grains or nuts that are at least 6 feet above the ground are not considered bait or feed
this restriction does not apply to foods resulting from normal or accepted farming, forest management, wildlife food plantings, orchard management, or similar land management activities.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave did you happen to find an extra box of shells for my .270 at the shack? I misplaced a full box somewhere.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I can look for them this weekend.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

aint she perty?

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Looks tough.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
baby blue and yellow frankenstien.... but yes, tough in an odd way.

I need to pick up a headlight and I can put that other bezel on (drivers side) I'll also try to swap boxes this week yet.

Something clever here.

Page 539 of 1,842 1 2 537 538 539 540 541 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.