Print Thread
Hop To
Page 542 of 1,842 1 2 540 541 542 543 544 1841 1842
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tzone
He's eaten worse...I've seen him do it.

laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
White bear borrowed Nate (RWS) a muzzle loader for the season. Looks like it's just me & Nate this weekend.

And it looks like we'll have a lot of snow to plow getting in to camp.

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Take pics!

Say " Hi!" to the Donner party for me... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Good Luck Dave, have fun! I just got back from camp this morn, no competitor for the Dink O Thon but we did have some success. Will try to get some pics up soon.

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I fought & fought and I'm happy to say ole yeller is now mostly... old blue.

I got the boxes swapped today with Nate's help.

Now I gotta get a quick shower and we're headed for deer camp in the new improved plow truck.

grin

I'll take pictures.

Something clever here.

IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Good luck this weekend ! This is the last weekend of our regular gun season so I`m hoping the girlfriend can get it done so I can get serious about it when muzzleloader season comes in the 4th ! LOL

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by kinser
Good luck this weekend ! This is the last weekend of our regular gun season so I`m hoping the girlfriend can get it done so I can get serious about it when muzzleloader season comes in the 4th ! LOL

We saw one heckuva nice eight-pointer this morning just outside the Lincoln State Park down in either Spencer or Dubois County IN. We'd take the wrong road and a detour led us past the park, and he was just standing in the road, looking at us. I was glad I wasn't carrying a weapon with me, he'd have been hard to resist otherwise, and probably wouldn't have gotten that big anywhere BUT that state park. Indiana can grow some deer!

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I have talked to a lot of guys this year and almost all of them say they aren`t seeing many bucks. I have been seeing a lot of decent bucks but have been concentrating on getting the girlfriend hers ! LOL We do have some big deer now I think going to the one buck rule several years ago is really paying off. We are just waiting to see what the latest and greatest proposal is in January from the DNR for rule changes.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well guys, nate and I made it in to the cabin, it was rough going trying to plow a path in here though. It's about 1 mile if trail we plow and the plan is always to bust the first path in here then light the wood stove and go widen out the path by making a few more passes winging out the snow with the plow. Well we fell into a mud hole and got stuck for a bit. Like for an hour and a half. We wrapped a log chain around one tire that was slipping badn we had a corner of the plow blade hooked in a rock that the devil designed for us on this night I swear. Anywaysn we drove the truck out of that hole and now we are heating up the cabin with the wood stove. Temp was 16 in the cabin when we got here. Up to 42 now. Its 3 below zero outside. Lots of fresh deer tracks, LOTS! It was snowing today so these tracks are fresh.

A quick question for my womens at home... Who poured frilly girly perfume inside my brown cloth insulated gloves? You scoundrels! My hands smell like the perfume dept at... At where ever you buy this crap lol!

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was not me.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B3

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We had a pretty decent season this year, taking 4 bucks which were real nice ones for us. Overall the deer numbers seen were down again but I think weather and a huge acorn crop were partly responsible. Walking around our place is like walking on ball bearings due to the acorns. I put a full report up elsewhere but had to show our "Fuzzy Wind Chime" here for Dave. Due to warmer wet weather we were skinning fast and never got them all hung at once for photos....

[Linked Image]

Good luck to all still hunting and stay thirsty my friends....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nice wind chime! grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

There it is grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You're gonna have to change Old Yeller's name now. Something like Old Sissy Blue, or sumthin.................. laugh laugh laugh

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Well the girlfriend put her new Ruger 77/44 to good use tonight ! She killed her first buck a good 6pt has a huge body ! I am going to guess it is close to 200 field dressed. I will try to post some pics tomorrow

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, the truck looks totally different. Great job! smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
You're gonna have to paint that thing yeller again ND! Just cuz. smile

Any deers with the smoke wagon yet?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
No deer yet but wow, based on the tracks we are seeing I,d say our deer numbers have quadrupled since rifle season. The only problem is they are only moving at night, lots of moonlight. Me and the boy will break camp later this morning and head for home.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
heck, hunt at night smile
good to hear there are more numbers, moon should dwindle by next weekend and make them move during the day.

any trail cam pics?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep seeing more and more pics of people with dead critters in camp chickenbuck apparel, I think you might have started something Dave. seriously, I see corporate sponsors and hunters wearing chickenbuck shirts on TV shows in the future. might be Joey's claim to fame, in addition to all the other accomplishments of course smile who else can say they discovered swamp squids and flying bears?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 542 of 1,842 1 2 540 541 542 543 544 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,396
Posts18,488,877
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.