Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 54 1 2 3 4 5 6 53 54
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Pete E

I gathered that...Looks some interesting hunting though..pigs, scrub bulls, water buff to name a few...Not sure I could take the heat though; Poms generally do rain far better than heat! grin

At the moment around here, so do we...it is as wet as a shag around here, we got another inch yesterday and it is forecast rain for the rest of the week.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Besides, as much harrassing and bragging as BS has done here over the years, I'm interested to see if he'll own up and do the shoot with this Burns......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
I don't know a thing about this Burns guy or what he's selling but I do know you can't buy skill. No matter how accurate his rifles, or how well thought out and inclusive his system, the man behind the trigger still has to have perfect trigger control, repeatability in hold, and follow through to make the long shots or stack rounds on top of each other at short range.

I disagree to an extent..the physical shooting skills needed like trigger control are the same whether your shooting at 100yards or 1000yards..Somebody who can group sub MOA at 100 yards has the same potential at 1000yards..What stops them is knowledge, or lack of it..some folks have no idea what there bullets are doing at a given range and have no idea on the effects of wind ect..

From what I've read about Burn's approach is that he is doing some of the develpment work ie supply's a load that groups well and works out the drop and wind ect and supplys the info to the buyer of his rifle.

Basically he supply's a forumla and the equipment and if folks follow that formula and couple it with their existing skills, they should be able to hit at long range.

A lot of folks are happy with that approach as they simply want to be able to "dial and shoot" and have no real interest in the "whys" and have no desire to learn, nor do the work-ups ect for themselves..

It would not be my cup of tea, but the fact people are buying the system suggests it works and customers are happy...

Last edited by Pete E; 11/28/10.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ingwe

And he is always good for overall post count...

And that's just on this website.......think of all the others.. eek

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Ha your wrong no one, I am here first.

Lil Fish seems to need a few days to get his lip healed up after biting the hook.

Lil Fish ? ? ?

I'm not quite comfortable with the "Lil Fish" reference. grin

Are you pickin' on me? Huh. Well are ya punk? You want some of this? Huh, huh. Well do ya? laugh

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by no_one
Who cares?

You really don't pay too close attention around here, do you? laugh

LOTS of folks, on both sides of the debate, and a bunch sitting in the middle, would love to see it happen, one way or another. Some will celebrate, some will cry. And post counts all around will go WAY up! blush

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think anyone's got a problem with John or Sticks ability to actually shoot a rifle. Not that I've seen but I think the rub for a lot of people is the believe that some hold that John's the only guy who can do it and his "system" is the only one that gets the job done. Or even the best one to use.

My issue has and will be John's ball lickers that immediately have the reaction that if you disagree with John's assertions about certain things - you're jealous of his rifle price.

Sorry - that don't fly. Not with me. I disagree with John's hubris and assertion that an aluminum bedding block, wrapped in fiberglass and connected to an action/scope made of dissimilar metals can magically counteract the "thermal expansion" of the scope and how it affects your zero. Do zeros shift? yes but that particular assumption does NOT fly with me re the block.

YMMV and quite honestly - I don't care if they shoot or when etc. I know who I trust to answer my questions without BS and they've always worked EXACTLY as they were held out to. In the past and I've no reason to believe that won't continue in the future.

Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ColdBore
And post counts all around will go WAY up! blush

And thats good business/sponsor-wise...best thing since Lee24... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lee24 is the best thing since Lee24...

Me

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Lee24 invented Lee24...

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by teal
Lee24 is the best thing since Lee24...

I stand corrected.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head

Lil Fish seems to need a few days to get his lip healed up after biting the hook.

Lil Fish ? ? ?

I'm not quite comfortable with the "Lil Fish" reference. grin

Are you pickin' on me? Huh. Well are ya punk? You want some of this? Huh, huh. Well do ya? laugh

OK. I reconsidered this.

Since Stick is Lil Fish - I can deal with that. smile

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Krapp...we are bored around here..aren't we..? blush

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

I'm just trying to get away from my wife's turkey farts...

Kent

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Teal if its not jealousy about the rifle price then what is it? Jealousy over the ability to kill things at long range? If someone post pics of a Echols or a jarrett rifle and everyone drools over it. Now people say that a custom rifle built by a paying sponsor of this site is not worth 6k. Its got to be something causing all the crap.

On other sites leupolds are considred junk but that it not the opinion here because everyone shoots leupold but I don't know of anyone here (other than Burns) that shoots one of his rifles. So how does everyone come to the opinion that they are not worth the money?....hmmm.

Dink

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Let Go Boys!

Butt Lickers in both camps lets get your boys to the firing line. grin

No preference one way or the other, as both guys seem like stand up fellas at any rate.

Just seemed like a good chitt flinging topic. ( Sunday trolling)

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P

I'd assume Burns is in, now were waitin on Larry.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I disagree to an extent..
OK, but you didn't disagree, by my read. I tried to state that the skill needed to shoot long is essentially the same as to one hole targets at 100. Drop and wind are the only other variables to go long.

Drop and wind information can be easily calc'd and dialed into the appropriate scope, if known. And with a wind gauge and range finder, those variables are quickly obtainable. Of course, at long yardage, and in the right topography, the wind may do multiple things before the target is reached. That makes it harder and changes suitability for target shooting only and not for game.

But the skill to shoot one hole targets is not one that all shooters have or can obtain. That's a baseline for this, or any system to be effective.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by krp

I'm just trying to get away from my wife's turkey farts...

Kent

Dooooood! shocked

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Powerguy
Let Go Boys!

Butt Lickers in both camps lets get your boys to the firing line. grin

No preference one way or the other, as both guys seem like stand up fellas at any rate.

Just seemed like a good chitt flinging topic. ( Sunday trolling)

Thanks PG, I have been absolutely dying to try this one out on somebody grin

I got a whole page of them in an email a few days ago.

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 54 1 2 3 4 5 6 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 2UP, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 2,031 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,984
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.