-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Little trollop tried to kiss up by getting me a Keurig Multiple cup coffee maker. grin It did work. wink

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
It ain't about politicians, or the .gov, it's about putting American service personnel and citizens lives NEEDLESSLY at risk; about putting the lives of those that they work with to secure and defend freedom at risk.

One more time, with feeling.

1. Neither the modern US military nor its civilian henchmen secure or defend the freedom of anyone but the politicians they serve. (You and I have already established this.)

2. Said politicians have been putting military and civilian--especially civilian, if you look at the leaked numbers--lives at needless risk for many, many years now.

3. It is the job of military personnel to be put needlessly at risk by their politician overlords.

Finally, even Assange's worst (informed) enemies can't come up with a single actual concrete example of any innocent person's life being put in danger by the leaked documents.

I don't imagine that will be the case forever, but the fact that it's the case now demonstrates the rabid, slavering indiscriminacy of the government worshippers.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak

Finally, even Assange's worst (informed) enemies can't come up with a single actual concrete example of any innocent person's life being put in danger by the leaked documents.

Seriously?

The most recent leaks have just been leaked.

I suspect it will take a little time before the brown skinned folks are able to sift through it all and decide what suicide bomb to don next...

And define "innocent". I suspect you don't count the members of the U.S. armed forces in that...

Last edited by RWE; 11/29/10.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
It ain't about politicians, or the .gov, it's about putting American service personnel and citizens lives NEEDLESSLY at risk; about putting the lives of those that they work with to secure and defend freedom at risk.

One more time, with feeling.

1. Neither the modern US military nor its civilian henchmen secure or defend the freedom of anyone but the politicians they serve. (You and I have already established this.)

2. Said politicians have been putting military and civilian--especially civilian, if you look at the leaked numbers--lives at needless risk for many, many years now.

3. It is the job of military personnel to be put needlessly at risk by their politician overlords.

I don't imagine that will be the case forever, but the fact that it's the case now demonstrates the rabid, slavering indiscriminacy of the government worshippers.

Thank you, for once again proving that you are one of the most mentally retarded members here at the 'Fire.

You haven't a clue as to how much a disgrace you actually are, and that you can't grasp reality or even common decency is telling on many levels.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� Thank you, for once again proving that you are one of the most mentally retarded members here at the 'Fire. �

Au contrere, mon frere!

Bro' Barak is far from mentally retarded!

Intellectually retarded would be more like it � a common affliction of those who equate great knowledge and superior intellect with wisdom and judgement, especially when a tightly focused pet obsession further clouds their judgement.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� Thank you, for once again proving that you are one of the most mentally retarded members here at the 'Fire. �

Au contrere, mon frere!

Intellectually retarded would be more like it � a common affliction of those who equate great knowledge and superior intellect with wisdom and judgement, especially when a tightly focused pet obsession further clouds their judgement.

As I've said before, Dr. Howell, I would jump at the opportunity to have a respectful, reasoned debate with you about some of these issues. I'm constantly looking for opportunities to learn more, and I'd be (and have been) honored to learn from you, if you have something to teach me.

I promise not to lose my temper or call you names.

Are there at least fundamental premises we can agree on?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

Au contrere, mon frere!

Interesting point.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and all this time I thought I was the only fire member that felt Barak is a [bleep].

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry, Amigo, teaching wisdom isn't in my job description or my tool kit.

I'm not sure that it can be taught logically. (Experientia docet.)

� Pray for it. (And for humility.)

� Lay your fondest intellectual convictions on the altar.

� Get ready to change your mind.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
he always did say he was going to release documents and make this the most transparent admin. in history, close getmo, hold public hearings of terrorists, appointed more anti american people into government than has ever been done before, spewed his own version throughout the world of how bad we are. hell the list is endless.
(just to stir the conspiracy theory) heheheheeee

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Congressman calls for anti-Wikileaks offensive
By John Timmer | Last updated about an hour ago
As the fallout from this weekend's document drop continues, at least one US Congressman wants the US government to go on the offensive. Rep. Peter King (R-NY), who will be chairing the House's Homeland Security Committee come January, sent letters to Obama administration officials on Sunday, asking that Wikileaks and its public face, Julian Assange, be declared both terrorists and spies.

For the espionage accusations, King sent a letter to Eric Holder, the US Attorney General, requesting that he consider bringing charges under the Espionage Act, specifically a section that deals with "gathering, transmitting or losing defense information." The section provides a laundry list of ways of obtaining information that fall under the law, but highlights that they must be done with intent or reason to believe that it will do injury to the US.

According to King, Wikileaks fits the bill. The repeated leaks, King alleges, "manifests Mr. Assange�s purposeful intent to damage not only our national interests in fighting the war on terror, but also undermines the very safety of coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan." His letter also points out that one of the site's sources, a Private Bradley Manning, has been charged under precisely this statute.

If espionage won't do, however, King has a backup plan: terrorism. In a separate letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, he asks that the Department undertake a review to determine whether Wikileaks could be designated a Foreign Terrorist organization. The letter says that the site fits the bill since it's: a) foreign, b) engaged in "terrorism," and c) threatens US security. The terrorism bit comes from the Defense Department's determination that the previously leaked materials had provided "material support" to a large number of terrorist organizations.

Of course, catching up with Assange is easier said than done. King recommends that Clinton work with the Swedish government to see if there's any way that Assange "can be brought to justice." Even without a public spokesman, however, there's no guarantee that the leaking would come to an end.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gbp
he always did say he was going to release documents and make this the most transparent admin. in history, close getmo, hold public hearings of terrorists, appointed more anti american people into government than has ever been done before, spewed his own version throughout the world of how bad we are. hell the list is endless.
(just to stir the conspiracy theory) heheheheeee

true enough.

even though the ol Barak and i march to diabolically opposed drummers, grin he seems to bring forth a good view of things from time to time, or not. whether i agree with him isn't a kosher issue in the least.

name calling, on the other hand, is about as low as a tax-paying American can go, imho.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Good advice. I did that a few months ago and it lead me to drastically change my views as outlined in this thread.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 163bc
what is the penalty for high treason??

there's only one kind of treason, and it's the only crime defined in the Constitution, so some future government couldn't expand the scope of the crime.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

The maximum penalty declared by Congress is death.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, gee, that's pretty much the way I do it already. As a matter of fact, I never would have gotten anywhere near where I am unless I had been willing to lay my fondest intellectual convictions on the altar with humility and gotten ready to change my mind. I'd probably still be a nominal Republican with very little political awareness other than "Republican good, Democrat bad."

I don't know whether you've been watching, but right here on this very forum I've undergone a great many intellectual changes as I learned new things, some of them pretty sweeping. And I'm sure there are a great many more changes still in my future, if the Lord is willing. I had hoped that you'd be part of some of them.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had hoped that you'd be part of some of them.

I'm not sure that the implication that your intellectual changes are so worthy that others should have undertaken them as well is a sign of an open mind.

realizing the door swings both ways, but just sayin.

Hubris is a butt kicker.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Being called low, by Gus (and whatever chemically-induced state he's in)...

Can't say I'm fretted by that.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Interesting commentary on the matter here:

http://voxday.blogspot.com/

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Being called low, by Gus (and whatever chemically-induced state he's in)...

Can't say I'm fretted by that.

don't worry about it. it happens all the time. i once had a DI to tell me he hoped i died.

heh, i didn't. grin

words are just words.

but, as long as you continue to pay taxes, you'll likely recieve many passes. quit payin' taxes and the IRS will be down on you like a chickin' on a june-bug.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The government has been doing things that it shouldn't be doing,...as it *always* does.

Somebody got the info and told the people about it.

Now the government is red faced and pissed,..and it's encouraging all of its sheep to start screaming a bunch of nonsense about treason and compromising national security.

The way I see it,..the biggest threat to our national security is the idiocy of the people who make up the federal government.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (21, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,033 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,470
Posts18,508,564
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.