Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bullard
I can't believe they chose the one and only film that wayne won an oscar for to remake. It is a John Wayne movie. Matt Damon said he had never seen the movie with John Wayne. My thought is of course he hasn't. He is a left wing hollywood weirdo.

Probably better that they haven't. Last thing I'd want is them aping the original. Let them play the characters as they envision them in accordance with the screenplay and director's vision.

I don't want to see Jeff Bridges playing John Wayne playing Rooster. I want to see Jeff playing Rooster....

Me

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal
Probably better that they haven't. Last thing I'd want is them aping the original. Let them play the characters as they envision them in accordance with the screenplay and director's vision.

I don't want to see Jeff Bridges playing John Wayne playing Rooster. I want to see Jeff playing Rooster....

Thank you for nailing it sir.

For those of you still stuck on stupid, the new movie is looking to be a more accurate retelling of the novel. It is NOT a remake of the Wayne film. They are both just based on the same book. There are lots of movie versions of "Romeo and Juliet" and "A Christmas Story". Each new film isn't a remake of the previous one, they are simply different film adaptations of the same book.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
trying to remake any John Wayne movies is a big mistake -- look at red river - there are some movies better off - left alone - Az

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by teal

Thank you for nailing it sir.

For those of you still stuck on stupid, the new movie is looking to be a more accurate retelling of the novel. It is NOT a remake of the Wayne film. They are both just based on the same book. There are lots of movie versions of "Romeo and Juliet" and "A Christmas Story". Each new film isn't a remake of the previous one, they are simply different film adaptations of the same book.

Brian.
+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd personally like to see a remake of "The Conqueror" with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Genghis Khan. He'd look really badass with a Fu Manchu...

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I'd personally like to see a remake of "The Conqueror" with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Genghis Khan. He'd look really badass with a Fu Manchu...

We need less of Dwayne Johnson, not more.

Brian.

PS- close your eyes the next time you hear him talk. He sounds like a more masculine Barack Obama.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
EWR Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm kinda looking forward to the remaking of True grit.
I am also anxiously awaiting the remaking of "Dirty Harry" with pee wee herman playing Harry.

"My German Shepherd is my best friend,but he could be your worst enemy"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EWR
I am also anxiously awaiting the remaking of "Dirty Harry" with pee wee herman playing Harry.

I watched a western called "South of Heaven, West of Hell" the other night.

It literally took me a solid 30 minutes to figure out that one of the main villans in the film is played by (you guessed it) Paul Ruebens, aka Pee Wee Herman.

Brian.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He was pert good as the waiter in the Blues Brothers.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He was good as a drug dealer in "Blow". He plays creepy roles far too well.

Brian.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
didn't he play some super hero that's power was farting in some movie

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
EWR Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by EWR

I watched a western called "South of Heaven, West of Hell" the other night.

It literally took me a solid 30 minutes to figure out that one of the main villans in the film is played by (you guessed it) Paul Ruebens, aka Pee Wee Herman.

Brian.

hahahha! good call.
Eric

"My German Shepherd is my best friend,but he could be your worst enemy"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
i'm "stuck on stupid"- leave john wayne movies alone. I've yet to see a hathaway weekend on TBS or 24 hours of jeff bridges anywhere, but i see 24 hour run of the duke at least once a year and look forward to it everytime.
Absolutely nothing better than a rainy sunday afternoon and either John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart unless it was both of them in a movie together.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love most John Wayne movies. I really liked True Grit and Wayne's portrayal of Rooster Cogburn.

Glen Campbell about ruins it for me every time I watch it. I'll be glad to give another director a chance at showing me he can put together a better version of the film adaptation of the NOVEL.

Give it up, Brian. No amount of schooling is going to get through some folks' thick heads...

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Does anyone remember the sequel to True Grit with Warren Oats as Rooster? Much as I liked Oats in other movies....that sucked.

O

Too old to suffer fools
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Give it up, Brian. No amount of schooling is going to get through some folks' thick heads...

Somedays it feels like I'd be more productive if I just watched The Home Shopping Network for 8 hours with toothpicks holding my eyes open, than trying to get a point across to the boneheads here.

It's a losing battle.

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
Does anyone remember the sequel to True Grit with Warren Oats as Rooster? Much as I liked Oats in other movies....that sucked.

O

It was a TV movie. Apparantly it sucked pretty bad, because I can't find a version of it anywhere online.

Brian.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Could have been built around any actor, and not been the same.

Kind of like saying Breakfast at Tiffany's or The African Queen could have been built around any other pairing.

Yeah, they could have. Fortunately, they were not.

ROGER THAT!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
The whole John Wayne thing aside, based on the trailer I don't think I can sit through an hour and a half of listening to Jeff Bridges talking like he has a mouth-full of chit.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by yaderehey
The whole John Wayne thing aside, based on the trailer I don't think I can sit through an hour and a half of listening to Jeff Bridges talking like he has a mouth-full of chit.

TFF!

Travis

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10gaugemag, 222Sako, 22kHornet, 25aught6, 222ND, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,381
Posts18,527,543
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.