Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gonna be there in March.
Don't really need/want to do the whole "big game" fishing thing, but would love to tackle some reef fish or similar.
Anyone have experience here?

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mazatlan is not known as a great fishing port although there are some local charters. Depending on water temperatures, there may be some sailfish in the area but it is early in the year...

Not sure what is available there for grouper and snapper.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
OK, so I just got back from Maz.

We fished for striped marlin and raised either 6 or 7... lost count in all the fuss.

We had two on. Mine dropped off almost right away and the other guy lost his at the boat.

It was a lot of fun, but the water was pretty rough that day.
We went about 22 miles out and were basicly hunting for cruising fish and then attempting to tease them into biting. All the while trolling through the migratory zone that they seemed to be using.
Other boats reported having fish on and lot's of sightings, but I never did personally see or hear of a catch.

I'd go again. It was much cheaper than my Maui fishing experience and you get to keep your catch, unlike some areas where the boat crew commonly keeps and sells the catch.

There's also a Zip Line in Maz, if you like that sort of thing.
The wife and I went and it was an absolute blast! Highly recommended...FWIW.

I saw NO security issues what so ever, but we didn't go anywhere a tourist shouldn't go. There was strong Mil and LEO presents and everyone seemed well behaved.

"Time Share promoters" were another thing, however.... and they should do the whole world a favor and place them all on a ship several miles at sea - and SINK it!

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 5 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 822 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.