Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Barak
There are a few anarchist libertines out there. Essentially, they believe that being an anarchist means they shouldn't ever have to follow any rules of any kind for any reason--ever.

They generally believe, though, that other people should follow rules--preferably the rules they set for them.

Libertines are not deep thinkers and have no grasp of the glaring logical contradictions in their lifestyle. Rush Limbaugh used to call them "long-haired dope-smoking maggot-infested FM types."

No, of course I'm not a libertine, in either the political or the social sense.

Close enough. A rose is a rose.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
There are a few anarchist libertines out there. Essentially, they believe that being an anarchist means they shouldn't ever have to follow any rules of any kind for any reason--ever.

They generally believe, though, that other people should follow rules--preferably the rules they set for them.

Libertines are not deep thinkers and have no grasp of the glaring logical contradictions in their lifestyle. Rush Limbaugh used to call them "long-haired dope-smoking maggot-infested FM types."

No, of course I'm not a libertine, in either the political or the social sense.

Close enough. A rose is a rose.

If you can point out some of those glaring contradictions to me, perhaps I can learn something from them.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's good to see there is still some folks on the fire who think for themselves rather than letting politicians and radio personalities do their thinking for them.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Is the concept of patriotism applicable to country or government?

That's what it boils down to.

A thinking man knows the difference... and also knows which choice government personnel will make.

I"ve said on here many times it's among the most amazing things I've ever encountered. People piss and moan and bitch and grip about all the BS that government does and says and talk about how they aren't to be trusted at any time for any reason but then they turn around and defend it until their dying breath.

Simply amazing.

I say screw the government. And its politicians.
They are not your friend, your provider, your security, nor anything else they claim and pretend to be. They play a game of make believe. And work very hard to make people believe. All the way to the point of forcing it if you don't believe by imprisoning or killing you.

And people, while saying out one side of their mouth, and very regularly, they don't trust the government, trust them and defend them and side with them, every time. I can't say as I've ever encountered a more glaring hypocrisy.

If people don't learn the difference between country and government of a country this country will be lost. And very soon ,too, I might add.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The government has been doing things that it shouldn't be doing,...as it *always* does.

Somebody got the info and told the people about it.

Now the government is red faced and pissed,..and it's encouraging all of its sheep to start screaming a bunch of nonsense about treason and compromising national security.

The way I see it,..the biggest threat to our national security is the idiocy of the people who make up the federal government.

I just don't understand why so many here are running to the aid of a government who has systematically raped us of our rights and money for their own empowerment and benefit.

I sure as hell don't trust my government and I believe the more transparent they are, the less mischief they'll be able to cause behind closed doors.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Rex;

You know better than that. It's not the .gov, it's the American PEOPLE put in danger by this crap that gets folks worked up.

.gov is one thing, and on that, I think you know that you and I (and many) agree. But, you start jeopardizing the lives of servicemen and women, civilians, etc., then we've got problems.

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Rex;

You know better than that. It's not the .gov, it's the American PEOPLE put in danger by this crap that gets folks worked up.

.gov is one thing, and on that, I think you know that you and I (and many) agree. But, you start jeopardizing the lives of servicemen and women, civilians, etc., then we've got problems.

Servicemen and women are the government. Civilians paid by the government are the government.

Whom did you think the government was?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Rex;

Servicemen and women are the government. Civilians paid by the government are the government.

Wrong, again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who is more likely to please God?

� � them that walk after the flesh in the lust of defilement, and despise dominion. Daring, self-willed, they tremble not to rail at dignities: (2 Peter 2:10)

or those who

� Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit to them � (Hebrews 13:17)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rex;

Most people have never thought of it in that light, Barak. The word "government" stirs up internal pictures and preconceived (planted, actually) notions of some stand-alone volitional entity that is perceived as not only a reality but an authoritative one.

It's all fake. A game of make believe...

The reality is that it's a group of individuals who call themselves (or perhaps don't) government. It's just people. Not only that, it's just individual people. But everyone was trained up to have this spook living inside them that rears its ugly head at the mention of the word.

Abstract perception vs concrete reality.

Governmetn doesn't do things, it never has and never will because it's a fiction. (It's even referred to in legal documentation as a fictional entity)
Governments don't do things, people do.
Governments aren't responsible and won't stand before God's judgment throne, people are and will.

Those who think the excuse "I was just doing my job" or "I was just following orders" is acceptable are going to be very surprised. And very disappointed -- in themselves.
Humility and shame will overwhelm them to the point of sobbing violently. And there will be nothing that can be done about it in the way of relief.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I mean, a society of sheep herded by a preexisting government is fairly easy to take over: you just replace the existing government with your own, and the sheep just go on being sheep. Easy.

But how do you take over a society of small wolf packs with no experience at being sheep? Why would you even want to subject yourself to such an experience?

I guess you are assuming here that the average Iraqi, Afghani or Somali is somehow less constrained by his government (such as it is) than is a member of a modern western industrial state.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Who is more likely to please God?

� � them that walk after the flesh in the lust of defilement, and

1. despise dominion. Daring, self-willed, they tremble not to rail at dignities: (2 Peter 2:10)

or those who

�2. Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit to them � (Hebrews 13:17)

1. = libertine
2. Not Barak.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,186 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,564
Posts18,531,718
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.