Originally Posted by GregW
How was the 6mm/.223 Scott?

Loving it

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

That's God's own country and I don't even believe in God.

but then I'm funny that way.....

Nuff said...........

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Loving it

Excellent stuff...can't wait to see more pics, cause I'm sure you took a couple hundred more... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Loving it

Pass thru's with the 70BT?

How did it hold up?

Love that country out there. My brother is on a big ranch near where you guys were...

Injun country for sure...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No see any javelina's? That's where many live.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, deer was dang near broadside at 70 yards. I clipped the scapula going in and took out a rib on the exit. The sound of the SLAP was impressive. He ran about 20 yards, everything inside was liquid.

The same bullet unzipped the fox and jackrabbits.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
The javelina damn near ran us over in camp, but it was at 930pm. Saw not a one in daylight.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hey punkin'!! I so love Nashville.

Picking up Pat in a couple of hours. You available for a call during ride to camp? I don't have time to read the thread yet to find out about your trip.

You and Bart are signed up for Betty Ford first thing Monday!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The javelina damn near ran us over in camp, but it was at 930pm. Saw not a one in daylight.

Well glad you guys saw a few, they are kind of like squirrels in Kentucky out in that area. Shot many. Still have a few pelts.
Glad you guys were able to find a hunt out in that country. Hunted much next to the Pecos many times in the past on leases. Great pics.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm gonna have to make a trip just for javelina methinks, I really want one of those little bastards. So a few BIG ones just outside of Fort Stockton on I-10

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Sure

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm gonna have to make a trip just for javelina methinks, I really want one of those little bastards. So a few BIG ones just outside of Fort Stockton on I-10

Well tie it in with the deer/mulie season. They stink, smell just like a skunk, smell goes away with hanging on the wall of a shed after a year or so.

Beautiful country to hunt. Best time to be in the country is Nov thru March or so. Hot other wise.
Wish I still had a lease down there, I would make sure you got the chance, along with Bart.

The drive from Louisiana, how far to Alpine? 500?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Nice pictures----wonder why there are no tags? TP&W would be very interested---did you even tag the non exotic anmials as required??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Winston338
Nice pictures----wonder why there are no tags? TP&W would be very interested---did you even tag the non exotic anmials as required??

Why are you trolling this fine Friday morning?
I don't think I have seen any tags on any of the hundreds of pictures I have seen on this site all over the US.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What a rotten post,

What a Prick,......

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the pics,....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Tagging Deer or Turkey
Filling Out the Tag for Attaching to Deer or Turkey
If required, the tag from the hunting license of the person who killed the deer or turkey must be correctly and legibly completed (including name of property and county) and must:

be used on a specific type of deer or turkey (for example, buck tags must be used only on buck deer, antlerless tags on antlerless deer, etc.).
have the month and date of kill CUT OUT.
be attached immediately to the deer or turkey carcass until it reaches its final destination and is finally processed (see Definitions).
It is against the law to use:

a tag taken from the license of another person or allow your tag to be used by another person.
a tag more than one time (or on more than one deer or turkey).
an incorrect tag on a deer or turkey (example: mule deer tag used on a white-tailed deer, etc.).
Where to Attach Tag to Deer or Turkey
The hunting license tag may be attached anywhere on a deer or turkey so that it is not damaged, defaced, or lost in transporting or handling. For deer, the appropriate tag or applicable permit must remain attached to the deer until the deer reaches its final destination and is quartered. If the animal is a deer and the head is severed from the carcass (body), then the appropriate tag and any applicable permits must remain attached to the carcass. See proof of sex in the section Processing Carcass in Camp. If the head does not accompany the carcass, then the head must be accompanied by a Wildlife Resource Document (WRD).

Tip: Remember that if the head and the carcass are separated, the tag goes with the carcass and the head must be accompanied by a WRD.

Except for deer killed by MLD permit, LAMPS permit, department special permit, U.S. Forest Service antlerless permit, or Big Time Texas Hunt, all deer must be tagged IMMEDIATELY upon kill (see Tagging Deer or Turkey), in a secure manner anywhere on the deer, with an appropriate license tag with the month and date CUT OUT

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Winston338
Except for deer killed by MLD permit, LAMPS permit, department special permit, U.S. Forest Service antlerless permit, or Big Time Texas Hunt, all deer must be tagged IMMEDIATELY upon kill (see Tagging Deer or Turkey), in a secure manner anywhere on the deer, with an appropriate license tag with the month and date CUT OUT

I believe that tag was attached to the broken rib inside the cavity...now [bleep] off

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's about as good as it gets

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (257man, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,690
Posts18,534,494
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.