Print Thread
Hop To
Page 553 of 1,842 1 2 551 552 553 554 555 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SSB
I can see it now.....when Dave gets done customizing this rig it will be the Mother of all Tuckers.....

It will be the Mother Tucker. grin

What model Weatherby Tom? Vangard?

Yes. They don't make the stainless anymore. I asked a few dudes and they said this is a good place to start. It is a great gun at a good price. The stock is somewhat better than a club. That will chance too. smile Don't tell Ma.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh no, don't tell ma. Don't sound good.

I am an official Scentsy Consultant. It is selling wickless candles. Not that anyone is interested but you can check out my website at www.missykarsten.scentsy.us. I just thought it would be a fun way to earn extra income. Maybe Pam would be interested in having a party and I could come and spent a weekend up nort.

Last edited by Muffy; 12/09/10.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Agreed Tom, the Vangard/Howa action is a good place to begin. Pretty nicely machined preciscion wise....:)

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Incidentally,Dave,we had a nice looking model 88 in .308 walk in the shop the other day and we bought it.I researched the serial number and it was manufactured in 1955.I know you like those 88's.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
There was somebody kind of shopping for one recently but I'll be damned if I can remember who it was...

We leave for tucker sno cat acquisition today.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
cool, drive safe!

I take my first final and I'm gonna start packing some things up just in case

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Muffy

I am an official Scentsy Consultant. It is selling wickless candles. Not that anyone is interested but you can check out my website at www.missykarsten.scentsy.us. I just thought it would be a fun way to earn extra income. Maybe Pam would be interested in having a party and I could come and spent a weekend up nort.

You should wait until the first day of rifle season next year and have your scentsy candle party at the schack. You know when everyone is there for hunting and stuff. You could have them scentsy candles burning in every room so there will be plenty of light for people to move around. And that way you don't have to make a special trip....

I'm just sayin...

whistle

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Muffy,Is there a "Chickenbuck" scent?

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rooster7

You should wait until the first day of rifle season next year and have your scentsy candle party at the schack. You know when everyone is there for hunting and stuff. You could have them scentsy candles burning in every room so there will be plenty of light for people to move around. And that way you don't have to make a special trip....

I'm just sayin...

whistle

I would have to bring the generator again because the wax melts with the heat from a lightbulb.

Hey Stan. They do not have a Chickenbuck scent as of yet. laugh

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that might be a good thing

Missy, just put the wax on the stove, that would work right?

smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Missy, I applaud the initiative, but, well, uh, um, if your idea of marketing is to try and sell scentsy candles to a bunch of ol' crusty (mostly male) Chickenbuckers confused.....You might wanna tighten up that marketing plan a mite. I'm just saying....dont make retirement plans quite yet. grin

But I am curious...did you say wickless? How does THAT work?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 3stars
We all know the game.... "The one with the most toys wins!"
Dave, YOU WIN!!!! The mere thought of me coming home with one of those, would get me the 'ol frying pan and a large packet of papers served to me!LOL Mrs Northern Dave ....you must be a saint!!!! Nice job , Dave!!

I just found the PERFECT sig line for 'ol Dave:

"We don�t want a thing because we have found a reason for it - we find a reason for it because we want it."

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Missy, I applaud the initiative, but, well, uh, um, if your idea of marketing is to try and sell scentsy candles to a bunch of ol' crusty (mostly male) Chickenbuckers confused.....You might wanna tighten up that marketing plan a mite. I'm just saying....dont make retirement plans quite yet. grin

But I am curious...did you say wickless? How does THAT work?

You plug them in and the wax is melted by the heat from the light bulb. There are warmers you put on a table and ones you plug right into the outlet, they also serve as a nightlight.

It melts the wax at a safe temperature, you can even touch the melted wax and it won't burn you. They offer 80 different scents. They even have a Scentsy Man collection of more masculine scents.

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave is going to have to power up the outhouse for a Scentsy. Sounds like it's in need.......

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is too funny! laugh

Although now we have about 4 car air freshners in there now. That helped lots.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A Scentsy Man collection? Oh, this is gonna be good....lets hear the scents they have that will appeal to a real man (not those from Wisconsin grin).

Some guesses:
Used motor oil
Grease under your fingernails
wet dog
dog poop on your foot
fish guts left out in the sun
Bad Mexican food: the day after
mouse nest made outta old coveralls
too much doe-in-heat scent on your boots
3 guys farting in a regular cab pickup
and, of course:
Monkey Butt

Am I close on any of them?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Right on. But the Fish guts left out in the sun does not come out till January. smile

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We Wisconsin guys don't need no stinken Scentsy candles. shocked Hoppe's #9 is available as a room freshener. That's all we need. Of course if that fails there's always a block of aged brick or limburger to freshen up the room. grin

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave if you get close to Stevens Point give me a call. BTW we're under a winter storm watch tonight and Saturday. Areas in Central WI could get up to a foot of snow. You may have to tow the truck with the Tucker.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

About the stock....she know about the gun. The kids were with me. There's no hiding it then. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
Page 553 of 1,842 1 2 551 552 553 554 555 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

264 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 160user, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 23 invisible), 1,840 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,368
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.