Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 54 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 53 54
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Well do you want to give it a shot or just run your mouth??

I proved my ability to perform as trained to the men who it mattered most.
I made it home. Some did not.
Taught me am awful lot about humility.
I'll simply continue to deal with those rifle builders who understand what that means.

Best of luck with your marketing plan.

Dude,

Well if you are looking for a builder who thinks his rifle are not the best then I am not you man.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When someone kicks my ass with a factory Rem and a Tasco I am gonna look pretty stupid if I say “What about components”.

Lil Fish fanboys worry about goofy schitt and real hunter want performance.

Again you are a world class chickenschitt.

Thanks for the bump. laugh laugh

So in other words, this is your way of saying you would not feel it in your best interest to post itemized lists of your rifle and my rifle so the general shooting public can see that I can build a far better specimen for half the price?

I really don't blame you.

Who's the chickenshitt now John...... laugh

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
John; You're doing great, you've got them all worked up so just hang in there and trade blows like you are. You've got them coming from everywhere to read this thread and see what's causing all the comotion. One thing, though, John, even though you may have the lead and are feeling pretty skookum about it---do not start reciting in limericks! I repeat, do not use limericks at this time. Thank me later.
I'll be watching.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I have issues with John having such an obvious... "goal" with so many of his threads, it's a little disingenuous if you ask me. But if anyone of us wants to show we are better than him and his gear he's ready to prove what he claims and that's awfully hard not to respect.

No he's not willing to prove that isequipment is better, because if he wqas he'd do as 2muchgun sugest and that would be testing of the equipment and taking the shooter out of the equation

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Burns,

I'll take your challenge. Next Aug. Make your plane ticket for Aug 15th to be exact. We'll use my range, since I'll be out of vacation time. It's a bit of a walk to get to my range though. It'll take about 14 hours of hiking to get there. 3k of elevation change. Sorry, no horses or trails. You might want to bring a sleeping bag and tent too.. Boots are sorta important. It'll be a 3 day trip.

We'll do 1k yards to make it easy.

You in?

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
GFY

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mr.Burns,
You are sparing with folks that know,for the most part,a lot about rifles,ballistics,turrets,ect,ect... You are not the only one that has shot stuff from a long way away... I've stopped a mule deer over 500yds with a 340 Weatherby and it ain't a secret that only you know about... Your dick ain't any bigger than anybody else's here...And... I'd bet that Jeff Rost could out-shoot you any day of the week and twice on Sunday...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You seem pretty popular around here, John.

You'll be gone soon.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
John; You're doing great, you've got them all worked up so just hang in there and trade blows like you are. You've got them coming from everywhere to read this thread and see what's causing all the comotion. One thing, though, John, even though you may have the lead and are feeling pretty skookum about it---do not start reciting in limericks! I repeat, do not use limericks at this time. Thank me later.
I'll be watching.

Hey!! Limericks are a campfire-tested tool for confronting the absurdity of some of the chit that passes for debate around here! grin

You enjoying this rain BB?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
When someone kicks my ass with a factory Rem and a Tasco I am gonna look pretty stupid if I say “What about components”.

Lil Fish fanboys worry about goofy schitt and real hunter want performance.

Again you are a world class chickenschitt.

Thanks for the bump. laugh laugh

So in other words, this is your way of saying you would not feel it in your best interest to post itemized lists of you rifle and my rifle so the general shooting public can see that I can build a far better specimen for half the price?

I really don't blame you........

2muchfan,

We are in total agreement here. I am saying that my scopes and rifles are best understood by those that value performance.

What always works so well after hunting season guys are remembering the chances they had to pass due to substandard equipment.

A few are looking for new boots but most are thinking about the rifle they carried.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Finally, the bullies around here love to mock the concept of a silent majority that laughs at their childish antics in PM's. I can say with absolute authority that such a rebel network exists... lol... and count me in on the (I suspect rather large) group of guys that have PM'd John. He's not lying about that.

Does Framis/Olddouche1942/Karen count as one or three?..

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Dude,

Well if you are looking for a builder who thinks his rifle are not the best then I am not you man.

As I said, best of luck with your marketing plan.
I'm quite set with my own smith. He does not require me to pay his January mortgage payment, truck note and alimony payment for a stick built to my specs.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Let's cut all the BS. Burns has laid down the challenge. If any of you want to call him out, do it. If not, shut up. I've never heard so much bravado without any intention of backing it up. Put up or shut up. I wouldn't pay the kind of money for one of his rifles but if someone else does, more power to them. No class warfare democrat BS from me. I thought most on this forum were conservative in nature. I guess that I was wrong.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Finally, the bullies around here love to mock the concept of a silent majority that laughs at their childish antics in PM's. I can say with absolute authority that such a rebel network exists... lol... and count me in on the (I suspect rather large) group of guys that have PM'd John. He's not lying about that.

Does Framis/Olddouche1942/Karen count as one or three?..

I'll admit that I got a lot of PM's from guys (some I'd never seen post before) when I got Jeff O to suck on his barrel. Most of them resoundingly said that it was one of the funniest things they'd ever seen.

Mostly I get PM's asking for advice, loads, measurements of stuff, pictures of gear, etc.. You know, the stuff men talk about.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by WTM45
Dude,

As I said, best of luck with your marketing plan.
I'm quite set with my own smith. He does not require me to pay his January mortgage payment, truck note and alimony payment for a stick built to my specs.

He prolly won't require you use "HIS" custom "proprietary" loads either...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

You enjoying this rain BB?

No eek. The clouds came clear down to the ground today to make sure none of it missed...that's how hard it rained today.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Burns,

I'll take your challenge. Next Aug. Make your plane ticket for Aug 15th to be exact. We'll use my range, since I'll be out of vacation time. It's a bit of a walk to get to my range though. It'll take about 14 hours of hiking to get there. 3k of elevation change. Sorry, no horses or trails. You might want to bring a sleeping bag and tent too.. Boots are sorta important. It'll be a 3 day trip.

You in?

Calvin,

An admitted 400yd shooter need some practice before he plays this game. I am not willing to waste my time and money flying to you to have a Lil Fish moment.

Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.

On the other hand you are welcome to show up here and give me a schooling.

There is an informal shoot in MT in the spring and you are most welcome there. Will you give me a commitment to showing or are you just blowing smoke like Lil Fish.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Sportdog
I guess

We know...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Burns,

You in?

Calvin,

An admitted 400yd shooter need some practice before he plays this game. I am not willing to waste my time and money flying to you to have a Lil Fish moment.

There is an informal shoot in MT in the spring and you are most welcome there. Will you give me a commitment to showing or are you just blowing smoke like Lil Fish.

Just as I thought, make the other guy travel and you figure that they want come because of the cost.
Just as most have already figured

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Burns,

You in?

Calvin,

What? You said you were willing to fly here to shoot? Why the change? Afraid you can't keep up?

Page 12 of 54 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 163bc, 2500HD, 160user, 10gaugemag, 41 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,454
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.