-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Auburn is way more than Newton....it is one of only five teams to have two first team all-Americans, the other being Fairley, of course. While the transcendent talent of a guy like Newton tends to obscure it, they also have some other studs: tackle Lee Ziemba voted to second team and center Ryan Pugh on the third team.

Michael Dyer, the Auburn tailback, has nearly a thousand yards and averages six yards a carry, including a hundred against LSU, which ain't easy to do. which is why you can't just try to put a spy on Newton and think you've got the run stopped. Newton's massive media footprint sort of sucks the air out the room for Auburn's other weapons, but you'll see plenty in the NC game.

Oregon had one player on the first team and one on the third.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.

J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Auburn put those players on those awards teams playing quality opponents. Orgen on the other hand didn't

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guys I'm just having fun. I really don't care who wins as long as it's a good game. Bama shoul've beat them and went into "we gotter won mode". I think Oregon will learn NOT to make this mistake.

I simply said neautrlize Cam and you can beat Auburn.

As for me I'm awaiting the return of the Hurricanes!!

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Stay tuned for the great news on WVU's new head coach.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rich is coming back?

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
[Linked Image]
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Over my dead body. And about 98% of the citizens of the great state of W Va.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
laugh Didn't think they'd want him back. Any ideas on the next coach?

[Linked Image]
J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Rich Rod was a great coach at WV, not so much in the Big Ten

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RAS2

I simply said neautrlize Cam and you can beat Auburn.

sort of like Hirohito saying.....take away those damn portable suns and we will slaughter the Americans on the beaches. they DO have Newton, and the ducks are unlikely to be able to knock him out of the game. the NCAA was the Ducks's best hope, and that didn't happen.

here's another couple of stats to give the Ducks defensive coordinator heartburn. that fumble Newton coughed up against SC in the SEC title game? it was his first career fumble in college.....that is freaking amazing, given how many times he's carried the ball and been tackled. he also threw a total of six...six....interceptions all year, despite playing against three top ranked pass defenses, and a host of good ones. Alabama's pass D is ranked above Oregon's, and they were shredded in the second half. LSU's secondary did OK, but we got gashed for a zillion yards on the ground. Tennessee's very good secondary wasn't good enough.

Oregon's is excellent, too, but not significantly different in quality from what Auburn is used to playing, and beating.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Oregon's a full talent notch above Auburn's only real OOC opponent,Clemson. You good men are getting yourselves into some serious crow eating territory!

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Truths don't seem to faze the Oregon hopefuls. Optimism is at an all time high, I"d say

J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by isaac
Oregon's a full talent notch above Auburn's only real OOC opponent,Clemson. You good men are getting yourselves into some serious crow eating territory!

Taste anything like a Horned Owl?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More speed and more points. Can they score with Oregon? If not it'll be a slaughter.
I look for a good game and hope it isn't loopsided one way or the other.
Wife says it's family time so I gotta go or face wrath. eek Have fun I'll be back agian....I hope.

[Linked Image]
J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RAS2
More speed and more points. Can they score with Oregon? If not it'll be a slaughter.
I look for a good game and hope it isn't loopsided one way or the other.
Wife says it's family time so I gotta go or face wrath. eek Have fun I'll be back agian....I hope.

It won't get lop sided until after the kickoff and then Oregon's imaginary chances go up in flames

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac

Clemson, Shmemson. What you studiously ignore, my soon to be in witness protection friend, is that Clemson was one of the weakest teams Auburn played....and beat.

the end of regular season power rankings put SEC teams in five of the top eleven power rankings. And Auburn beat the other four, including SC twice.

Oregon played exactly one team in the top 20 power rankings...Stanford.

As we have tried to get across.....Oregon has been playing pretty much boys all season while Auburn played men.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're not grasping Auburn's weakness against average OOC teams with the offensive and defensive skills of Oregon's bench.

Throw in one of those fancy,jeweled cigar cutters with the delivery,if you will!!

Out of respect and kindness, that's all I'll say till 12:01am, Jan 11th when you'll hear your cell ring.....incessantly

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about sending me my bullets Mr. Army.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Don't disrupt my flow,JohnBoy!!

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
PS...did Mrs. Moses get my thank you?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're not grasping that (a)Auburn beat everybody they played; and (b)they played probably three teams at least as good as Oregon already, and didn't do it with a month to get ready (c)OOC games are meaningless, given the already mentioned factoid that five of the 11 highest power ranked teams all dwell in the SEC and play each other. We don need no stinkin' Clemsons to prove how good we are.....

(I'm leaving LSU off the list, but if JJ has a great day, LSU beats Oregon on a neutral field. If he has a bad one, they lose by three TDs.)

Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (222Sako, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.