Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 562 of 1,842 1 2 560 561 562 563 564 1841 1842
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hey Ryan, what school are you at? I suppose you could even be here at mine, though unlikely.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Dave..... you will be so busy driving guys and gear around, you wont be able to fish and drink beer!!! Better rethink!

"Deer Camp... how can you not like this place?!?"
Is it November 15th yet???
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
This is my first post on this thread, but has anyone noticed the title change???

Ha ha.... I didn't even notice the title chance. grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrentD
Hey Ryan, what school are you at? I suppose you could even be here at mine, though unlikely.

U of MN Crookston

last final is tomorrow

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good luck on that final. I don't know UMCrookston personally, but I wish you the best of luck.

I know you won't believe this but giving and grading finals is even worse than taking them. REALLY!

Congratulations too.

Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't get excited about making a bunch of money up there with that rig. From experience, you'll be lucky to pay for your weekends gas. Best of luck but watch those expectations. Oh, & don't pull the bumper off a truck or run an ice chunk into someones $25,000 fish house. It all goes downhill then.

Customers suck.

Take that rig up there & enjoy the best hardwater fishing in the world with your friends & family. And maybe some tug-o-wars whistle

White Bear

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
B
B
Man that sounds great and as you said savor the moments they do go by fast. Hope you make some great memories there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I wouldn't get excited about making a bunch of money up there with that rig. From experience, you'll be lucky to pay for your weekends gas. Best of luck but watch those expectations. Oh, & don't pull the bumper off a truck or run an ice chunk into someones $25,000 fish house. It all goes downhill then.

Customers suck.

Take that rig up there & enjoy the best hardwater fishing in the world with your friends & family. And maybe some tug-o-wars whistle

White Bear

Sounds like you know from experience White Bear?

Dave just has to have them sign a waver stating he is not held responsible if something happens.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"Dave just has to have them sign a waver stating he is not held responsible if something happens."

That still isn't a 100% reliable and won't stop some donkey from trying to extort $$ for their stupidity/carelessness.

Took a bud with me grooming one night and came upon a guy with his MXZ off the trail, which was an old RR grade, so about 10-15' down and steep. Big time stuck, his pals couldn't get him back up out of there. We stopped made sure everyone was o.k. and went on our merry way, those guys stood there looking like a deer in the headlights. My bud says, "You could have pulled him out of there no problem." To which I replied, "Yes I could have but if I put so much as a scratch on his sled he may have gone after the Trail Authority looking to get a new sled out of the deal."

Last edited by bluffview; 12/16/10.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I would have pulled him out without thinking twice and not worried about repercussions from it. Just goes to show how parts of the country are way different than others I guess. I do realize that now days you can be liable for anything and that is SAD.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If they squack about the scratches, you can always shove 'em back down into the ditch. laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
or if they don't pay ya for hauling their house out further, you can come back durring the week and haul it half way to the angle and let them figure it out. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Both good ideas!

still no word on the interview, even after messages left with follow ups. however I do have several leads on jobs all over, so I feel good. I just realized that I will have a little bit more time to do some fishing, and considering I have only caught 1 walleye since I was fishing with Dave last, I think I'm gonna target them smile any advice for early ice 'eyes?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I forgot how to catch them it's been so long. You'll get one of those jobs Ryan. You have skill that not many have. Something will work out. When it rains it pours, you'll get some more interviews.

As I was leaving for my drug screening for the new job yesterday, I got a call from Hennepin Co. They want to do a phone interview with me next week. Since it was a phone interview, I'll do it...at least listen to what they have to say.

I found one thing, if there is something harder that busting your butt for a job you don't like. It is busting your butt for a job you don't like, after you've given them your notice.

I had to leave early yesterday for my screening, so I busted my hump to get the place caught up and in shape for my supervison, who was replacing me for the day. I asked myself several times why I was doing it because there is no way he'd have done that for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
its because you're the kinda guy to do the right thing, you did what you would appreciate someone else doing, regardless if they would for you or not. its called character wink

last time I went fishing with Dave was march of '09 I think. so yeah its been a while. I forgot what walleye tastes like frown

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
any advice for early ice 'eyes?

Head to the mouth of the Rainy on LOW, cross 4 mile bay north to pine island, get north of the island (cross it) and head north of it, 15 ft in mornings & evenings, 20 during mid day.

Bring a regulation book because you will be counting walleye & sauger & trying to trmember how the limits work & the slot etc.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Normaly that is true but this year the early eyes are deeper. 26-28' now I guess. The fishing has been slow but is steadily picking up the last day or two. I'm hoping to make it up with a friend & his permanent this weekend but all my junk is broke down at home & I need to spend some quality time with myself in the shop.
I can usually find room to squeeze in an extra person or so if any of you folks are interested. I'll have my big house & sheenery up there around Christmas or shortly after.

White Bear

Do not feed the bear!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Dang fish...

I'll be putting a chimny in the house for a new wood stove we are putting in this weekend. Then I'll have to go cut firewood, and I still need to fix the charging system on the tucker... no fishing for me this weekend.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you have more projects going on than anyone I have ever met, wait I should rephrase that, you accomplish more projects than anyone I have ever met. I have a bunch I'll finally get to finish now.

I need to bed 3 rifles, put a front sight on my 1903, refinish 2 stocks load a bunch of .223, 300 WM and .243, swap some scopes around. load some 260 rem for my elk hunt that I can go on now smile
and try to take the little man fishing, 2 years and 4 months isn't too young is it?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
2 years and 4 months isn't too young is it?

You waited how long!?!?!?!?! That's criminal!

Do not feed the bear!

Page 562 of 1,842 1 2 560 561 562 563 564 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.