Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Certainly seems to be a LOT of "Governmentese" lingo being used regarding this debacle.

GTC

Under intense pressure by the law enforcement community and many lawmakers, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano will visit the Arizona-Mexican border after the latest incident of violence by Mexican nationals.

A decorated agent of the U.S. Border Patrol on Tuesday night was shot and killed on the U.S. side of the Arizona-Mexico border while attempting to apprehend suspects who regularly victimize illegal immigrants, according to the leader of National Border Patrol Council Local 2544, the union that represents agents.

While Napolitano and her minions claim the location of this latest attack on American soil by illegal aliens has never been safer, illegal cross-border activity remains a significant threat, according to a government study released last week.

On the southwest border, the Tucson sector is the primary entry point for marijuana smugglers and illegal aliens, and over the last 3 years apprehensions on federal lands have not kept pace with Border Patrol estimates of the number of illegal entries, indicating that the threat to federal lands may be increasing.

Federal and tribal lands on the U.S. borders with both Canada and Mexico are vulnerable to illegal cross-border activity, as well. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) -- through its U.S. Customs and Border Protection's Office of Border Patrol (Border Patrol) -- is responsible for securing these lands, while the Departments of the Interior (DOI) and Agriculture (USDA) manage natural resources and protect the public.

The US Congress directed the Government Accountability Office to examine the extent that: border security threats have changed on federal lands; federal agencies operating on these lands have shared threat information and communications; and federal agencies have coordinated budgets, resources, and strategies.

The GAO reviewed interagency agreements and threat assessments; analyzed enforcement data from 2007 through 2009; and interviewed officials at headquarters and two Border Patrol sectors selected due to high volume of illegal cross-border activity (Tucson) and limited ability to detect this activity.

In the Tucson sector, federal land managers said they would like additional guidance to determine when illegal cross-border activity poses a sufficient public safety risk for them to restrict or close access to federal lands. DOI and USDA efforts to determine whether additional guidance is needed -- consistent with internal control standards for the federal government and in line with DHS contingency plans for southwest border violence -- could help federal land managers more easily balance public safety and access to federal borderlands.

Information sharing and communication among DHS, DOI, and USDA have increased in recent years, but critical gaps remain in implementing interagency agreements. Agencies established forums and liaisons to exchange information; however, in the Tucson sector, agencies did not coordinate to ensure that federal land law enforcement officials maintained access to threat information and compatible secure radio communications for daily operations.

Coordination in these areas could better ensure officer safety and an efficient law enforcement response to illegal activity. There has been little interagency coordination to share intelligence assessments of border security threats to federal lands and develop budget requests, strategies, and joint operations to address these threats. Interagency efforts to implement provisions of existing agreements in these areas could better leverage law enforcement partner resources and knowledge for more effective border security operations on federal lands.

The GAO recommended that DOI and USDA determine if more guidance is needed for federal land closures, and that DHS, DOI, and USDA further implement interagency agreements. DHS, DOI, and USDA concurred with the recommendations.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If that area is so flipping safe, just helicopter her out there and let her walk back alone.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Rocky, even the cartels wouldn't touch her. And it has nothing to do with WHO she is.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
In the Tucson sector, federal land managers said they would like additional guidance to determine when illegal cross-border activity poses a sufficient public safety risk for them to restrict or close access to federal lands. DOI and USDA efforts to determine whether additional guidance is needed -- consistent with internal control standards for the federal government and in line with DHS contingency plans for southwest border violence -- could help federal land managers more easily balance public safety and access to federal borderlands.
oh that's good, the solution to the problem is to just close part of arizona to citizens of this country, but in doing so make it easier for the illegals, and the government to ignore the problem.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I THOUGHT that's what I was reading , in alla' that gobbledegook.

Man,...everything about this is SOOOoooo wrong !

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Federal and tribal lands on the U.S. borders with both Canada and Mexico are vulnerable to illegal cross-border activity, as well."

Nice bit of misdirection , WTF has the Canadian border got to do with it ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
I work in the Tucson sector, and when J. Nap put out in the email that "the border is secure" you should have heard the uproar of laughter in the muster room.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
come on, you have to protect the flora & fauna from them BP gents & their horses & vehicles. Never mind the illegal crosser's are TRASHING the landscape un-hindered!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hesitate to put up this link since World Net Daily seems to held in contempt, why I don't know, but the article appears to answer in part the whys of border inattention. It makes sense to me anyway. Just ignore any advertising.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=240045

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sad, she didn't meet with them. It says alot about her in a professional & personal manner.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If the area's "safer than ever" it's only because Americans have the sense to stay out. Sad.

The church is near, but the roads are icy. The pub is far away, but I will walk carefully.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i was talking to a friend of mine in prescott about this tonight. He is aware of my many many road trips and exploration expeditions down along the border. His comment was do i get a woody doing this, and why do i do it?
I told him i was fully aware of the issues but the last time i checked it was still MY country, lots of beautiful country and history in the area, and i LOVE taking pictures, which i do, of the area. There aren't a lot of adobe block buildings left in arizona, but you do find them down there.
And I don't think is should have to be bottled up in my house.
For that matter, these days i can go out on the main street by MY house and run into these issues.
Crappy Nappy is just that, full of crap.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If that area is so flipping safe, just helicopter her out there and let her walk back alone.

You can bet your short that beotch would be safe. Who would touch that scank?

NRA Lifetime Member
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Don't worry boys, they're going to beef up security on the Canadian border, if they did it on the Mexican border it would look like they were profiling.....?????

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Tombo
Don't worry boys, they're going to beef up security on the Canadian border, if they did it on the Mexican border it would look like they were profiling.....?????

+1
My thoughts exactly

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tombo

Not a joke:

http://www.usborderpatrol.com/Border_Patrol1920.htm

Before September 11th 2001, the U.S. government had a only 350 Border Patrol agents along the entire Canadian border. After September 11th, Washington awoke to Canada�s liberal immigration policy and that its lack of border enforcement was a recipe for disaster. The policy-makers at the Department of Homeland Security tripled the number of Border Patrol agents assigned to protect our northern flank. We now have in approximately 1,000 agents along our 4,000 mile northern frontier.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Read this and weep,....rubber ID, to go with our rubber bullets.

GTC

Trusted Traveler Program Lets Mexicans Skip Airport Security
ViewDiscussion.Last Updated: Thu, 12/09/2010 - 1:30pm

As violent drug cartels take over Mexico and expand their criminal enterprises north, the United States has signed a �trusted traveler� agreement that allows pre-screened Mexican airline passengers to bypass lengthy airport security checkpoints.

The foreigners will get �trusted traveler cards� with fingerprints and other biometric data and they must answer customs declarations questions on touch-screen kiosks before leaving airport inspection areas. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano claims it�s a way to enhance information sharing and mutual security in the face of �ever-evolving, multinational threats.�

About 84 million Mexicans are expected to qualify for the trusted traveler program, according to Mexico�s Interior Ministry Secretary, who signed the agreement on behalf of his country this week. Celebrating the festive occasion, the Mexican government official assured that the new accord will facilitate the U.S. entry of business travelers and tourists who are key factors in economic development, growth of trade and cultural exchange.

Mexicans will get the perk through the U.S. government�s Global Entry Program, which allows participants to obtain security clearance by presenting a �machine-readable� passport or resident card at airport �Global Entry kiosks.� The machines issue the foreign travelers a transaction receipt and directions to baggage claim and the exit into the United States. Applying is easy. Candidates fill out an online application, provide valid identification and answer a few questions from a Customs and Border Protection officer.

While Napolitano was in Mexico finalizing the trusted traveler agreement this week, she also took the opportunity to sign a �letter of intent� to develop a plan for protecting immigrants from criminal attacks as they cross the border�illegally�into the U.S. Mexican officials have long complained that American law enforcement officers stand by as illegal immigrants are robbed, killed or violently beaten. Napolitano has committed to reducing the risk to life and security of migrants, according to the Mexican minister.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
"Federal and tribal lands on the U.S. borders with both Canada and Mexico are vulnerable to illegal cross-border activity, as well."

Nice bit of misdirection , WTF has the Canadian border got to do with it ?

Mike

There is an extremely dangerous situation here in NYS. The MAIN Mohawk Indian Reservation straddles the US/Canadian border and is a sieve for smuggling drugs,guns,illegals and just about everything else both ways. It exists due to international treaty and entry onto the Res is quite restricted to LE BP from either side. Had a few pow-wows with Crossfire about it and he knows how nasty the situation could become in a heartbeat.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano claims it�s a way to enhance information sharing and mutual security in the face of �ever-evolving, multinational threats.�

That bull dyke be-itch knows about as much about homeland security or any other security as I do, & I don't know [bleep].

She has to be one of the stupidest azzholes in government.........of all the potentially well qualified people who might have done some real good, we end up with this POS.

Only in America..................

MM

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,632
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.