S
I was armed myself.

Aim for the exit hole.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
When ever I confront a trespasser,I open carry 45 ACP 1911 with my hand in my left jacket pocket on a 357 on the trigger. They always put there guns on the ground when told. then I take pictures of them for the LEO. This is how I was told by the local LEO's to handle it. I will shoot if I have to,I never have to worry because my wife, is watching hidden with a AR-15. There are only two county cops in my county the largest in Michigan, it takes them sometimes a hour to respond. It has taken me 3 years to stop the trespassing, except bear dog hunters and they come to the house now to ask to help them get there dogs, they know what will happen if they don't the word has spread.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Originally Posted by stillbeeman
After I got fed up, my first approach was to take their guns and wallets and turn them (the wallets and guns) in to the sheriff.

Are you telling us that you walked up to trespassers with guns and demanded they give you their guns and wallets, and they gave them to you, just like that? Sorry, but I find that hard to believe.

Yeah, why wouldn't you?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There are all kinds of things you can consider after you catch them. Catching them is the problem.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Similar scenario where I hunt. I had to run off two hunters earlier this year after hearing them shoot next to my blind. They were supposed to be hunting on a bigshot next to me with 1200 acres and found themselves on my little 160. This is the second time this has happened. On top of that the adjacent landowner has burned off my entire property twice on accident in the last two years. It is getting very frustrating...

Last edited by Sainte_Terrer; 12/15/10.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
an old school bear trap..... Seriously though I would invest in a real good camera as mentioned above with some bait (what they like to steal) that you can afford to go without for a bit. As they say in the LE biz, "It's not what you know it's what you can prove." So some pics or footage would be real nice. I have experienced the same thing. Nothing of mine was stolen but some of the other fellas had a two person ladder stand stolen. That took some work. Everyone has changed to climbing stands to reduce the problem and I take down my pop up blind daily. It sucks but reduces the risk. I also try to drive by with the cruiser as much as possible and do a "property check" to send a message. Most of these idiots are locals that live within a mile of the property. Thieves usually steal from their neighbors. Probably some jerks that were once welcome and are now kicked off and are pissed.

Last edited by brinky72; 12/15/10.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your neighbour should become aware that a fire on an adjoining property can very easily spread to an adjoining property (his own!).

A friend years ago had been driving off illegal netters of lake trout when the fish were spawning by spotlighting them from his cottage. He tried numerous times to get the Ministry of Natural Resources staff to take action. He got so bothersome that finally one of the MNR people warned him that the netters might set his cottage afire. He replied that fires in the area had been known to jump from island to island (hint, hint). The MNR employee immediately said "I don't want to hear this.."

In point of fact there was an Indian reserve about l mile away and some occupants were known to be law breakers. The MNR finally admitted (grudgingly) that if Indians were involved the Ministry could not do anything unless they had an order from someone of Deputy Minister or higher authority in the Provincial government.

Another indictment of equality under the law!

Jim

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Well, you can have an "adopted son" (not officially, but we've been there for him for over 30 years) that recently retired and was looking for something to do for a short break before he returned to college. Asked him whether he wanted to look after our place for awhile and help people understand that No Trespassing meant stay off our property. He said it sounds like fun. Didn't hurt that he had just retired from 20 years in Special Forces. Haven't had a problem since.

M
M
I have had a summer home in east Tenn., for 18 years now. I'm retired now and possibly will be spending most of the cold weather months in Tenn., and looking for place to hunt. any suggestions.?? or land leases suggestions.

Michael Pike

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have an aquaintance that belongs to the largest hunting club in LA...."The Posted Club"... He could care less about trespassing...One day his day will come....

George

"Hunting, fishing, roping, working, sleeping, eating. Not always in that order."
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,522
Posts18,491,050
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.