Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
northern Florida has a winter? grin

Last edited by rattler; 12/21/10.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rattler
northern Florida has a winter? grin
Well, this year and last we do. Lots of below freezing nights, and sometimes it doesn't get above 50 during the day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
go through a week of the daily high being -20 and we will talk grin hell i wear a t-shirt down to 20 above.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
go through a week of the daily high being -20 and we will talk grin hell i wear a t-shirt down to 20 above.....
laugh You're made of sterner stuff than I.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
Laffin'...you mean your expansive library has nothing in re all the law enforcement agencies in Montana,including SWAT teams??

Man, what's in your library anways?, "One Fish-Two-Fish" and "Politics for Dummies"?

been a couple of times where a sheriff or a sheriffs deputy got shot at and when he called out on the radio for help the local farmers who all have radios so they know to come help their neighbors for grass fires showed up rifles in hand to help out the officer.....we dont need no stinking SWAT teams grin couple Louisiana guys that turned up a couple counties over and found out its a piss poor idea to not surrender when a sheriff has 12 ranchers backing him up....dumb [bleep] decided to shoot again.....forget how many holes the coroner counted in their bodies.....

I have no idea of what Bob is saying. I'm glad you could translate.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Some comments.

Rattler, the greatest weapon a GSP has is it's gas discharge. My former brother-in-law had one and talk about toxic gas. People were dying every where. grin

Montana doesn't have a state police. We have a highway patrol, thankfully.

Hawk, you are welcome to move to Montana. We are a whole lot colder than where you are but the living is safer.
Thanks, Derby. I can hardly tolerate the cold winters we have here in Northern Florida, though. As for the smell of dog farts, it all depends on what you feed them. Cheap food makes for bad smelling farts.

I don't think it matters what you feed a GSP. My former BIL tried every food under and over the sun and it made no difference except how deadly the gas. I think the GSP was the first gas dispenser in WWI.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Some comments.

Rattler, the greatest weapon a GSP has is it's gas discharge. My former brother-in-law had one and talk about toxic gas. People were dying every where. grin

Montana doesn't have a state police. We have a highway patrol, thankfully.

Hawk, you are welcome to move to Montana. We are a whole lot colder than where you are but the living is safer.
Thanks, Derby. I can hardly tolerate the cold winters we have here in Northern Florida, though. As for the smell of dog farts, it all depends on what you feed them. Cheap food makes for bad smelling farts.

for my GSP, changing diet only changes the quantity of the gas, not the "quality" of it eek

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HOW DID THE COPS KNOW IT WAS A 'VAN' ????

If nobody saw anything ????

I smell B.S.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
HOW DID THE COPS KNOW IT WAS A 'VAN' ????

If nobody saw anything ????

I smell B.S.

GTC
I just related what my neighbor told me. I wondered the same thing. Could be cops were speculating. Maybe it's a common MO. Who knows.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
About 12 yrs ago me and my buddy happened to be passing by his dad's house (his dad had just passed away), only to find a couple of "brothers" helping themselves to some of his stuff. We caught one of them trying to leave through the window, and were able to track the other guy down and drag (I mean drag) him back to the house where his friend was. We were able to handle the situation rather convincingly ourselves. We did call the sheriff (we knew him). He "ran a few errands" before showing up, knowing we had the situation well in hand. By the time he got there the two bloodied "brothers" were begging for him to take them. I'm too old to handle things like that anymore, but it worked very effectively that time. No problems since.
Resisting arrest, were they? laugh

They didn't think the (unloaded, but unbeknownst to them at the time) Marlin 30-30 stuck 3 inches up their nose was near as much fun as we did.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Concerning the break-in, too much stuff like that is why I don't live in a certain part of town anymore. A cousin acts like I committed a crime because of where I moved to (no crime to speak of).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hawk you are welcome to move here. Here is a house Bob was salivating over a few years back. It's in the county seat of the county just east of me. We shop in this town quite a bit. Lots of history there and things to do. Eighty miles to Kansas City with an international airport, pro sports teams, two Bass Pro Shops and a Cabela's. Maybe 120 miles to the original BPS in Springfield, MO. Ozarks start at your doorstep. Cowboys at your doorstep to the west. Even a frontier fort in town.

http://www.homefinder.com/KS/Fort_Scott/55113898d_802_Crawford_St

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It hasn't sold??? WTH is going on there,man?? If I lived there, I'd buy that home,assuming the other variables fit into place.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Hawk you are welcome to move here. Here is a house Bob was salivating over a few years back. It's in the county seat of the county just east of me. We shop in this town quite a bit. Lots of history there and things to do. Eighty miles to Kansas City with an international airport, pro sports teams, two Bass Pro Shops and a Cabela's. Maybe 120 miles to the original BPS in Springfield, MO. Ozarks start at your doorstep. Cowboys at your doorstep to the west. Even a frontier fort in town.

http://www.homefinder.com/KS/Fort_Scott/55113898d_802_Crawford_St

[Linked Image]
Now that's what I call a house. Sure would love to.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It hasn't sold??? WTH is going on there,man?? If I lived there, I'd buy that home,assuming the other variables fit into place.
Did y'all click on the real estate linky and check out the interior. It won't take long as there are maybe a half-dozen pics. It's worth it.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Did y'all click on the real estate linky and check out the interior. It won't take long as there are maybe a half-dozen pics. It's worth it.
Yep, I sure did.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Built in 1887, six years before my Grandpa was born. He and his Uncle road down to Fort Scott to go to the Bourbon County Fair one time. I have his saddle.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That's a 650K plus home around these parts. Reminds me of the old neighborhhod homes in the Lewes Deleware seashore areas.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That was in April of '08. April ain't the best time to photo houses around here. Summer makes the yards look much better. Fall with the colors looks pretty good that far east. Winter with snow on the ground would've been great.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Did a family die in that house or something?

William Arthur Ward

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (808outdoors, 300_savage, Akhutr, 6mmCreedmoor, 16 invisible), 916 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,253
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.