OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Everyone loves this stuff..

Back Porch Soup

1 pound ground meat, browned and drained
1/2 cup chopped onions, sauteed
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
Brown meat and onions, drain, add taco seasoning and dry ranch dressing mix. Place in a 5 to 6 quart cooking pot.
Add:

1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans
1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn
2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (10-ounce) can Rotel brand tomatoes (mild or medium)

Cook over medium heat for about 40 minutes or in a crockpot on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Serve over Fritos brand corn chips and top with grated cheddar cheese.
Serves 6 to 8.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not usually into hamburger or corn in my soup, but this looks interesting. We printed it off. Now I have to find those old Remington bowls. Merry Christmas.

Last edited by croldfort; 12/23/10.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Do you drain the beans and corn, or dump the entire contents in there??

Last edited by CMBS; 12/23/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This sounds absolutely disgusting.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We pour the liquid in there. We've never served it to anyone who didn't rave about how great it was.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people will eat chit and think it's good.

Sounds like some people you know..

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I know you;)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by croldfort
I am not usually into hamburger or corn in my soup, but this looks interesting. We printed it off. Now I have to find those old Remington bowls. Merry Christmas.

Due to her diverticulitis my wife can not eat corn. So instead of using whole kernel or crean style corn in soups and stews I use hominy. You can try that and see if you like it.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Loco go crawl back under your rock and shut-up.This is a discussion among adults and your juvenile drivel adds nothing but numbers to your post count. You talk a lot but say very little ,just like a lot of the other talking heads here and in D.C.

Time has come for the U.S. to be proactive instead of reactive to those who would kill us !!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My grandmother had a great "hamburger soup" recipe that included frozen peas/carrots plus canned corn. Fantastic. The corn adds a bit of sweetness. Never forget her serving after my high school graduation ceremony. Long time ago.

Murphy was a grunt.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Swampy's a troll, always has been. I suggest a little look at his past posts to clear up any confusion in your little mind.

One look at this "recipe" should add little doubt to his presence here. This concoction has enough processed foods, MSG, and salt to kill a horse.

This swill wouldn't even make it onto the menu at taco hell.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What's wrong with MSG & processed foods? Are you some kinda nut? Never mind, I know the answer already.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Taco seasoning and ranch seasoning seems like a lazy easy way out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know what's in ranch dressing mix, but I've read a dozen recipes lately that call for it. I've seen it many times as a rub for chicken.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hidden Valley Ranch:

Ingredients
Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Maltodextrin, Dried Garlic, Dried Onion, Parsley, Spice, Carrageenan, Calcium Stearate, Buttermilk.

Lawry's Taco Mix:

Ingredients
Spices (Paprika, Cumin, Oregano, Chili Peppers), Onion, Salt, Lactose (Milk), Sugar, Garlic Powder, Enriched Wheat Flour [Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid], Cocoa Powder, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor.

Yum yum..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R.L. You are a stupid ass! Go back to the Campfire. This is about food and not personal.

I feel that we eat fairly healthy. Wifey shops at the farmers market twice a week all summer. We eat lots of fresh meat, fish, and produce, but we use Hidden Valley Ranch and Lawry's Taco Mix in our home.

I know a few people that don't eat any fast food products, but they are either too stupid and/or too intelligent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go ahead and cook this recipe and report back.

This was a troll, read swampy's last post above if you need any clarification.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don't know that I'll make Swampy's Back Porch Soup, but I truly dislike the kinds of posts made by Rancho Loco. What's the point in making those kinds of negative posts?

We all have a choice as to whether or not we'll make that "soup", but certainly, Swampy has the right to make such a post and shouldn't have to put up with such negative, nasty remarks from others simply because his tastes may be different than our's.

A man should be able to post something he likes without nasty, negative criticism from others. I.E., stick to non-insulting posts. Negative posts such as that originally posted by Rancho Loco only results in "hurt" feelings and/or anger... and serves no other real purpose.

Each of us can and will make our own decision as to whether or not any posted recipe is to our personal taste. We don't need someone else's nasty, insulting remarks to help us decide what we wish to do or not do.

I.E., if you can't say something nice, then say NOTHING at all. Good advice most of us received in our childhood... and a few of us need to remember! smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Defending swampy.. What an honor.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ron_T
I don't know that I'll make Swampy's Back Porch Soup, but I truly dislike the kinds of posts made by Rancho Loco. What's the point in making those kinds of negative posts?

We all have a choice as to whether or not we'll make that "soup", but certainly, Swampy has the right to make such a post and shouldn't have to put up with such negative, nasty remarks from others simply because his tastes may be different than our's.

A man should be able to post something he likes without nasty, negative criticism from others. I.E., stick to non-insulting posts. Negative posts such as that originally posted by Rancho Loco only results in "hurt" feelings and/or anger... and serves no other real purpose.

Each of us can and will make our own decision as to whether or not any posted recipe is to our personal taste. We don't need someone else's nasty, insulting remarks to help us decide what we wish to do or not do.

I.E., if you can't say something nice, then say NOTHING at all. Good advice most of us received in our childhood... and a few of us need to remember! smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

++100!!!!! I too am getting sick and tired of all the damn bickering that goes on here. Everybody just needs to get a little perspective. This forum can't possibly mean so much to you that you must raise your blood pressure or go on a witch hunt? Does it? I hope not. The trolls and other members that are not in the general favor will go away sooner if we quit swallowing the empty hook they keep throwing.......does nobody get that? Peace out!

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.