Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 567 of 1,842 1 2 565 566 567 568 569 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh man, my prayers and condolences go out to you. I cannot imagine.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have an update from my sister.

My step brother is awake, moving around, and now aware of the outcome of what happened. My other nephew is still "out" with a neck brace on. But that is probably pretty common for what happened.

The driver of the semi that was also involved was hurt pretty bad too.

My brothers van was in two pieces...as in, in half.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know I don't know you very well Tom, but my sincerest condolences. I don't even want to think how hard it would be to get that kind of news. I wish your step brother and nephew a full and quick recovery.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thank you guys. Truly apprecieated.

Here is a link to an aritice from Bemidji. Only becaue I know some of you are familiar with the area.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/article/id/100024493/

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Please keep us posted Tom...this is the saddest....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Tom, we're not exactly super close to GF but you know we have a place for you to stay here if you have to head that direction.

As we've talked before in the past Tom, I know of that side of your family, I know none of them personally but they are well known and cared for in the area.

I wish the best for them, strength now and more importantly in life ahead. It goes without saying... that will be challenging.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I talked to my dad and stepmom. My brother and other nephew are going to be fine. She talked to him. They are staying overnight for observation but can go home tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support guys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God Bless you and your family T.

Ya'll have Vick and my prayers.

Truly sorry to hear this pard.

JM

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Very sorry to hear about this.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, Tom. Dave let me know as soon as he found out, and I went to the bathroom at work and cried. My heart truly hurts for all involved, my prayers will be from this day forward of healing, of coping and of strength.
Last night I was home while Dave and the boys took the Tucker for yet another adventure when the news came on. They showed the semi and the van involved. Once again...I cried. My prayers will continue for you and your family not only right now but also for road ahead. You now have two sweet angels that will watch over you all until you meet again.

"I'm not crying!!"
IC B3

M
M
Sincerest condolences and sympathy from the Bs!

db

Chores that need the tractor get done first!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
People have been asking me about a donation/collection for Tom's family.

Pam and i would like to handle this.

As I have posted in the main forum, we will accept and consolidate funds for Tom and Betsy. We'll do the bank running, cashing etc & convert any and all donations to one check or cash amount for Tom to use as he sees best.

My name and home mailing address will temporarily be displayed in my profile under my "hobbies"

For anyone interested, click my profile if you need a mailing address. Pam and I will handle it and post a total here if anything comes of it.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks Pam,

I saw that news cast on the computer this morning. It was not pretty. My sister told me it was a UPS truck, but it didn't look like it. Still don't know what happened, well we do, someone ran the light, but not sure who it was.

I tried to go back to work after hearing the new, but I couldn't. I'm not sure they believed me because it was my last day.

I called Betsy and she had the same reaction you did. She started bawling on the phone, and had to explain to everyone why she was crying and that she was going home. She didn't know I came home because I told her I was going to stay at work.

She went and got the kids out of school just so we could hug them. The always get lots of hugs and kisses from mom and dad, but they got extra last night.

We drove to Wausau last night and I was extra aware, it was almost eery.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I thank you all for the prayers, kind words, and well wishes. Keep praying, but send them to Grand Forks, ND. They need them more there than I do here. My dad and step mom went there yesterday to help.

My dad is taking it the hardest. I tried to talk to him last night at 10 and he still couldn't talk to me.

Thank you all.

Tom

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
People have been asking me about a donation/collection for Tom's family.

Pam and i would like to handle this.

As I have posted in the main forum, we will accept and consolidate funds for Tom and Betsy. We'll do the bank running, cashing etc & convert any and all donations to one check or cash amount for Tom to use as he sees best.

My name and home mailing address will temporarily be displayed in my profile under my "hobbies"

For anyone interested, click my profile if you need a mailing address. Pam and I will handle it and post a total here if anything comes of it.

I can't thank you enough for this Chickenbuckers. Got me and the wife all teared up now.

I don't know what to say other than thank you.

So folks know, all donations will be given to my brother, his wife, and remaining child.

Many, many, hear felt thanks.

Tom

Last edited by tzone; 12/23/10.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
May the Angels take those little Kids by the hand and then soothe the pain and loss of all the Family. My Heart bleeds for Soldiers and small children. Dave you can count on me to kick in. Jim Martin

Last edited by EvilTwin; 12/23/10.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Much appreciated Jim.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It is Christmas eve.I have had a great year.I hope everyone has a very
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 12/24/10.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the wilds of Darkest New Yorkistan, to ALL of the Chickenbuckers, Merry Christmas to a whole bunch of funny, hard huntin' hard funning and superbly warm of heart folks to those who have to deal with tragedy. grin
[Linked Image]

Last edited by EvilTwin; 12/24/10.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks Stan & Jim.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Something clever here.

Page 567 of 1,842 1 2 565 566 567 568 569 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (7mm_Loco, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 17 invisible), 1,616 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.