-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Baby Bean has the DPMS in 308. The Great One has a DPMS S/S 243 in transit and I'm a leetle torn.

Am hip on RRA's eating FAL mags,but MagPul is offering P-mags on the DPMS platform. Was/am hoping for a chrome lined tube and would dig a 20" 9" twist midweight in 7-08...but as of yet,it's a Dream.

The RRA S/S Predator HP,prolly calls me the most...but I'm listenin'. That due to a coupla Igloo coolers full of Ball.

But noone hates 308's more than me............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have the standard model 20" bbl with aluminum free float tube. I just ran the 12"x12" plates out to 500yds with Fed 168 GM match and handloads with 180 Nosler AB's. I took off the A4 flash hider and it was a lot more civilized. This rifle is shooting MOA easily and I love the fact it uses FAL mags. The folks at RRA said their poly mags would be out soon a nd would hold 5,10,20 and 30 rounds. They wouldn't tell me who was making them but said they would be P-mag quality.

"If all the good luck and all the bad luck I've had were put together, I reckon it'd make the biggest damned pile of luck in the world." Charlie Goodnight

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Santa was pretty good to the boys...a Remington youth and a Benelli youth...both 20 gauges..birds beware!....grin!

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I would agree

See, great minds think alike !

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
i was a good boy this year... smile

.375 Ultra.

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eastplace
I have the standard model 20" bbl with aluminum free float tube. I just ran the 12"x12" plates out to 500yds with Fed 168 GM match and handloads with 180 Nosler AB's. I took off the A4 flash hider and it was a lot more civilized. This rifle is shooting MOA easily and I love the fact it uses FAL mags. The folks at RRA said their poly mags would be out soon a nd would hold 5,10,20 and 30 rounds. They wouldn't tell me who was making them but said they would be P-mag quality.

I'd be happy to be in FAL Mag Mode.

Good call on the loudener..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A duck call, a trailcam, a pocket full of Acadamy gift cards, a Shinedown CD and not one, but TWO, calls from my son, who is scheduled to come home for a couple of weeks New Years Eve. I made out like a bandit!

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't have the barrel broke in yet but am already thinking of installing a 358 barreled upper on this sucker for elk in the timber. Maybe just run some Nosler 220's or heavy Woody's. Either way this VX-III is going back to leupy for some LR Dotz.

Last edited by eastplace; 12/25/10.

"If all the good luck and all the bad luck I've had were put together, I reckon it'd make the biggest damned pile of luck in the world." Charlie Goodnight

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd be gunning the 168A-Max/TSX melding,in front of '15 in R/P hulls.................

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
RL 15 for sure but I have a slew of new IMI brass and buckets of Fed GM once fired brass. I might slay some speedgoats next year with some A-Max's though.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
it started out with diamond earrings for my wonderful wife and a nice lil' point n shoot Canon Powershot S95....then gave out some coin to my daughter and grandaughter who the wife and I absolutely just adore. These gifts made me quite happy this day but...it is not over. The wife asked what I want and she insisted I "say"...so I said a Dillon RL550B would do...it is in the mail now. But truly, it is the love I receive for being the husband and father and grand father that is the best of all! Merry Christmas to all here in the forums!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hmmm,lets see... garmin nuvi 1300 ltm,3g samsung smart phone,hp laptop w/mobile printer,buncha tools,and,get to write them off for the new job. wink nice.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
oh,and bought the kid the cabelas dangerous hunts ps 3 game.should be fun competing with him on that.Finally a ps3 game I may be able to stand,because it doesnt use a joystick.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eastplace
RL 15 for sure but I have a slew of new IMI brass and buckets of Fed GM once fired brass. I might slay some speedgoats next year with some A-Max's though.

As a rule,I prefer IMI,when forced between the two.

Ain't much that boolit melding won't do and easily.

155 Scenars rate a thunk too.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fluffy
oh,and bought the kid the cabelas dangerous hunts ps 3 game.should be fun competing with him on that.Finally a ps3 game I may be able to stand,because it doesnt use a joystick.

The Dude is getting practiced up on the one he opened this morning...so I can crush his monkey ass on it after dinner,in fairness...............(grin)

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
She makes a nice addition to the bedside gunsafe too.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The FIRST Rule of a Gun Fight...is to have a gun.............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
htc evo 4g phone and a ps3, and seeing the joy on my lovely wife's face. i am truely blessed

FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A-fricken-men to that. My MIL fussed about me having one on when I took my coat off at the table for Christmas dinner.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well last year my dad bought my youngest brother a Mosin Nagant because he is into old military stuff and they are cheap. Well me and my other younger brother got such a kick out of shooting it that Dad got us both our own this year! Ive got customs and faster flatter more expensive rifles but this thing is a kick to shoot. We filled up all the empty pop bottles with water and food coloring and set up a firing line with the 3 of us brothers. Had a blast! Also got a Garmin Coloradof 300 GPS from my girlfriend. Got 2 under armour sweatshirts and a t shirt from my god father, a Jack O'Connor book from my sister, Some 243 reloading stuff from my dad and brother, and another Montana hunting book from my Mom. Made out like a bandit

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.