Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
My old burris signature series took a fall with me behind it last hunting season slightly bent the tube, according to burris, scope couldn't be repaired offered 35% off new scope if I wanted to buy another. Does anybody know of a company that can repair this scope? Thank bruce

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
brucebruce,

Try google for Tasco repair. My son-in-law had a scope repaired there. It came out great.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Burris always tells you that they can't repair your scope so they can sell you a new one. I've sent back two of them and both were non-repairable. That's one of the reasons I no longer buy them; instead I'll use Leupolds because I know they'll fix them.

To ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.
NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sagerat22
Burris always tells you that they can't repair your scope so they can sell you a new one. I've sent back two of them and both were non-repairable. That's one of the reasons I no longer buy them; instead I'll use Leupolds because I know they'll fix them.

Not always.

I don't think the OP expected Burris to fix his scope for free nor should that be expected.

You bend a scope tube through your own actions and you should have to pay to get it fixed. It's not the manufacturers fault.

I don't see how it would cost much less to repair a bent scope than it would cost to buy a new one given the price of spare parts.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Personally witnessed a Leupold get driven over with a pickup truck... Tube was smashed and it was replaced for free...

Not saying they had to, just they did.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I didn't expect them to fix it for free, I just would like to have it repaired. Just hoping some one would know of a company that could repair it. It's a older 2-8 signature. Thanks bruce

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Personally witnessed a Leupold get driven over with a pickup truck... Tube was smashed and it was replaced for free...

Not saying they had to, just they did.

Who would have the balls to send that in?
Stay classy!

always learning
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by brucebruce
I didn't expect them to fix it for free, I just would like to have it repaired. Just hoping some one would know of a company that could repair it. It's a older 2-8 signature. Thanks bruce

You may be stuck in that they don't have any of those older tubes around anymore. If you can talk them into giving you 35% off dealer price, it might be worth getting a new one. Sell them a sob story of long time user, love the product, would like to continue to use their products, etc.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sagerat22

Really? What was wrong with the scope(s) you sent in?

I've only had to send in one scope to them as after using it for 5 years there was something on one of the internal lenses. I called and spoke with a CS guy, sent it in with a note explaining what was going on, got the scope back about 3 weeks later and actually called them to see if they just sent me a new scope. It wasn't until I compared serial numbers that it hit me that they gave it a complete overhaul.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 817 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.