Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
Heading to RSA in May 2011 for our 2nd trip for PG with Huntersgame outfitter. Another couple will be accompanying us on their first PG trip. My list is for blue wildebeast, red hartebeast, black springbok, white springbok, common springbok, blesbok and another warthog. We will tour Kruger Nat'l. park and the Drakonsburg mountains prior to our hunt. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Ozandjahe Safaris(Namibia) for me and my wife,Karen, June 17th through the end of the month. 5 days in CT,right after for our 5th wedding anniversary.

Drew my desired leopard tag and hope to knock down at least 4-5 of the PG in the meanwhile.

I have researched for many,many hours as to the best cocktail combination of drugs to swallow before being on a airplane for 18 hours.

Last edited by isaac; 01/02/11.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
R
RSA leaving 6/29 hunting with Graham Jones in the Limpopo and the Free state

REJ Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Going back to Namibia in June 2011. Hunting with Jan Visser. Not sure what will be on the list this time. May just hunt for the best out there.....rej

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so that we will always be free" - President Reagan
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
April 2011 for plains game in SA with KEI River safaris.
Wife going for photo safari, game viewing, and shopping.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was beginning to plan a buffalo hunt for 2012. One evening my dear wife suggested that we might think about planning "our last family vacation" as the two older boys are of the age that taking a trip with old Mom and Dad is becoming more and more unlikely. I agreed, especially considering that son number 3, age 12, had not been on a family vacation like his older brothers experienced when we/they were younger. She suggested a trip back to South Africa with all three boys for some hunting as well as site seeing. It will be ten years since the first trip when she and I went where we hunted and did a bit of leasure time in the wine country. We celebrated our 15th anniversery and her 40th b-day so timing is good for 2012. So, the deposit for the hunt has been made and we are beginning to plan the rest of the trip. We still have not figured out when best to tell them. I am thinking just after winter so I can get them out banging away on the sticks. The buffalo hunt will wait.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back to Namibia, April 2012. 2014 a DG hunt, where or when not yet determined.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I just saw this post, A buddy and I will be heading to the Eastern Cape of RSA in September for a basic plains game hunt. I'll be looking for impala, blesbok,springbok, warthog and a kudu. I may also add a bushbuck if the opportunity presents itself.

Craig

"Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline."
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
man, don't I wish.......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CraigP
I just saw this post, A buddy and I will be heading to the Eastern Cape of RSA in September for a basic plains game hunt. I'll be looking for impala, blesbok,springbok, warthog and a kudu. I may also add a bushbuck if the opportunity presents itself.

Craig

Hi Craig,
Who will you be hunting with?

All the best,
Marius Goosen

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Late July with Spiral Horn Safaris, Limpopo region of South Africa. Second trip with them. All bow with lots on the menu! I can't wait!!!!

Hunting For Adventure
Tom Addleman (816) 213-6646
[email protected]
To book your next great hunting adventure - www.huntingforadventure.com
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm going to RSA for my first trip to Africa in June of this year. I will be flying into Port Elizabeth after spending the night in Johannesburg and then traveling about 75 kilometers north to hunt with Mayogi Safaris. I am focusing on kudu, gemsbok, and warthog primarily and might take a zebra and/or bushbuck as well if the opportunity presents itself.

I'll be taking my Kimber 8400 select in 30-06 with a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40. I planned the trip as a solo endeavor but my best buddy decided to tag along so it will be a joint effort. Can't hardly stand the wait.

Can anyone who has been recommend other plains game that they have enjoyed hunting or are particuarly proud of taking? I am on somewhat of a limited budget but will have a couple of thousand left over to spend after the kudu, gemsbok, and piggy are taken care of.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Black Wildebeast was a blast. They are tough to get close to and very spooky in the open areas they love.

You could always take another gemsbok. They are the reason I first went to Africa.

Have a great time and enjoy every sensation offerred you.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for the advise. I do like the gemsbok. Like you, it is one of the reasons I am going. Whatever I decide I am sure it will only add to the experience.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,034
Posts18,500,639
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.