Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Hi guys, this is my best work so far at 100 yards. I used 96gr 2F with the 475gr PH Lyman bullets that Paladin made for me. The higher group were fired and unsized Norma brass whilst the bullseye group (look close there's two in one hole!) where with sized brass. Both with no crimp. I had a third load with Starline brass that the bullets were real loose in the brass, so much so they would fall out. They too printed well but higher, which I surmise is do to lower velocity? Anyhow the reason one group is higher here is purely sight picture adjustment. I also was six for six at the 200 yard ram! smile

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinWe's gonna haveta find sumpthin' else BIG and tasty to kill. Mebbe if we're lucky it'll be meaner than a two headed crocodile too!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
THAT is SWEET Jorge.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks great! I just bought my first BPCR, a Whitney rolling block in 40-65. I'm still working on getting all the parts and pieces together, but hopefully I'll be making smoke in a week or two. I just need to get a new base for the tang site and I'm good to go.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Good shooting. I hope you have better luck huntin' buffalo in Florida than I do in Mississippi. Had 4 of the rifles for years and there hasn't been a single buffalo come through as yet. But I'm an old fart with time on my hands and still hoping.

a wet bird never flies at night unless it has to
IC B2

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually down here in Central Florida we have some great Asiatic Water Buffalo. Bigger than a Bison and mean as hell! ET look into one of those!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin grin grinThen let's cast up some 18:1 paperpatched slugs and go kill a couple. grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Actually down here in Central Florida we have some great Asiatic Water Buffalo. Bigger than a Bison and mean as hell! ET look into one of those!

grinHEY! Wait a minute!! If they are in Florida it's about YOUR turn to organize the Darksiders for another expedition!! grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I checked out one of the sites. The hunts go from 800 to 1500. That's not bad but I've already invested in 2 official bison hunting hats and built a sho nuff bison skinning knife. Also got the recipe for kinickinick(?) to smoke in a corn cob pipe after the kill. Also picked up a gallon of lightnin' to toast the event. Just have to think about this for a while.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinA "sho 'nuff buffler skinning knife" grin I helped skin one of our bufflers with a genuwine Russell Green River skinner!!! The curvey lookin' thingy above the rifle grin
[Linked Image]

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
That's a classy set up. But now I have to get a bandolier to keep up with you. Guess it never ends. Life is good.
I own hunting land in a swamp here in Mississippi that is getting over run with hogs. A couple of my shootig buddies from Texas are coming to help me get after the things in April. We plan to hunt them with our bufflers and SAA's. It should be a hoot. Come on down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Jorge, if you wanna set that up to kill some asiatic buff,Sharpsguy is definitely interested!!!!

DooDah,the belt is a prairie belt available from Buffalo Arms. Good gear. We just got done wid a buffler hunt in Wyoming and it is hard to believe we could have such a great time widout breakin' any laws!! grin

Last edited by EvilTwin; 01/05/11.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Yep, hate it when that happens. Us southern rednecks can giving lessons on how to screw up. Gonna check out the bandolier so I can look good as y'all.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Let me see if I can dig up something here in Dallas..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
jorge, good shootin' there!

eviltwin, nice rig. Except for the canvas cartridge belt not too different from mine.

[Linked Image]

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice artillery! Rifle looks like a creedmore. Globe fronts weren't usually found on the buffler guns. Pistol grip stocks weren't found on most of those either. I see them on sport hunter's rifles and comp rifles. Does that rifle have the heel sight mount??

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Actually it's a Shiloh Montana Roughrider. Quite similar to a #1 sporter except that it lacks the cheek rest. No, it doesn't have the heel sight mount. My target rifle is a #1 Sporter chambered in 40-2.5 Sharps straight.

It's chambered in 45-2.4 and my load is 80 grs. GOEX Ctg. under an NEI 480 gr. bullet cast 25-1 that is something like an enlongated Keith type semi-wadcutter, SPG lube. Big meplat and great hunting bullet. The little tang is similar to a Marbles and the rear open sight is removed....because I can't see them very well anymore. That's been my main cartridge hunting rifle for close to 17 years now.

Revolver is 3rd gen. Colt in 45 Colt and leather is Rick Bachman from Kalispell...or at least he used to be in Kalispell. Belt holds both rifle and revolver cartridges and is supposedly copied from an original.

And I am not meaning to hijack the thread....back to the original topic! Still good shootin' jorge!

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No hijack!!

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Welcome to the Campfire, and to the small group of BPCR loonies who hang out here.

ET may be our unofficial Grand Poobah because he shoots an original Sharps, and it doesn't get any cooler than that!

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
S
S
In that Florida hunt kin yew stay in yewr car??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 1Longbow, 808outdoors, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 14,591 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,924
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.