Print Thread
Hop To
Page 579 of 1,842 1 2 577 578 579 580 581 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
I only bought 1 in 2010, that means I am due for about a bakers dozen this year.

Ain't that how it work 'eh?

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
Any of you ice fishing guys use the newer 12v electric augers?

I've been sniffing them out. I need an auger of some sort.

mixed reviews from the real world.

Seems as though they could use a little more torque from what I've heard, but if you are set up really well for 12 volt power then people seem to be happy.

I'd watch the LP jiffy for a season or 2, wouldn't buy one just yet.

I talked to a guy that bought one last week and his broke in his otter sled on the way out to the fishing spot.

It seems the air cleaner/carb area is fragile and very unprotected.

You need a fat guy up there?

I dare ya.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

I dare ya.

grin

See ya Saturday.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A guy I know had an electric auger and it didn't even make it through 2 seasons. He hated it from day one. Not sure what went wrong with it. He was so mad that he just left it at the lake where it quit workig. I believe it was LOW.

Last edited by Muffy; 01/04/11.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Any of you ice fishing guys use the newer 12v electric augers?

I've been sniffing them out. I need an auger of some sort.

mixed reviews from the real world.

Seems as though they could use a little more torque from what I've heard, but if you are set up really well for 12 volt power then people seem to be happy.

I'd watch the LP jiffy for a season or 2, wouldn't buy one just yet.

I talked to a guy that bought one last week and his broke in his otter sled on the way out to the fishing spot.

It seems the air cleaner/carb area is fragile and very unprotected.

Figured you'd be on top of this...

I did see the LP auger's but didn't pay much attention. I'm not one to buy the first unit out. My Step-dad just bought a Srike Master 12v and likes it, but he's drilling 3-4 holes through 8" of ice.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy
. He was so mad that he just left it at the lake where it quit workig. I believe it was LOW.

That sounds like something I'd do. Get pissed at it and whip it out as far as I could...instant fish structure. smile. Well, not instant.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Talk to white bear about the electrics, he's got one.

The LP jiffy that broke would not run (after breaking), the guy was explaining how little plastic pieces in that air cleaner/carb area held linkage & springs, it wouldn't run for them with that stuff broken. He hasn't drilled a hole with it yet.

I dare ya.

grin

See ya Saturday.

Ok, guess I better get that wood stove lit in the cabin friday night then lol!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

The LP jiffy that broke would not run (after breaking), the guy was explaining how little plastic pieces in that air cleaner/carb area held linkage & springs, it wouldn't run for them with that stuff broken. He hasn't drilled a hole with it yet.

That would be the reason I don't like to buy the new stuff when it first comes out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ahhh, I love working at home! the boys just came into my office all excited....there was a deer in the backyard. Doe, Doe they said! I got the binocs and it was a litle buck that had already dropped its horns. You could see the pedicules plain as day. The boys sure liked it. All 3 of us! grin

Tzone,
stop in or call Thorne Bros and ask for Pat or Josh. Mention you know me and they will give you the skinny on the augers, they sell a bunch of them.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Tzone,
stop in or call Thorne Bros and ask for Pat or Josh. Mention you know me and they will give you the skinny on the augers, they sell a bunch of them.

I'll skip the part about telling them about knowing you...they already charge enough for them. grin

Actually, thanks. I forgot they sell ice fishing stuff like mad there. I should know that I was there just before Christmas to buy presents.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ahhh, I love working at home! the boys just came into my office all excited....there was a deer in the backyard. Doe, Doe they said! I got the binocs and it was a litle buck that had already dropped its horns. You could see the pedicules plain as day. The boys sure liked it. All 3 of us! grin

Time to get the snow shoes out and start looking for horns I guess. I don't know if I can find any with the snow up to my nose though.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

[/quote]

Time to get the snow shoes out and start looking for horns I guess. I don't know if I can find any with the snow up to my nose though. [/quote]

That means you have, what, a foot and a half of snow?? eek

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
laugh laugh laugh laugh

Every day of my life forces me to add to the number of people who can kiss my ARSS grin
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sounds like the boy is bringing a house up to the channel on LOW today

Something clever here.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I'm not a big fan of those electric augers, not enough power... The new propane auger i think is very heavy...

Tzone if money isnt a issue go for strike lite 4 stroke,the auger blade are now made of metal not plastic like they were before...

And Throne Bros is the bomb i got 8 of there icefishing sticks run tica reels with p-line......

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Electric Augers?? Propane Augers??

WOW! I am behind the times...

frown

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Sounds like the boy is bringing a house up to the channel on LOW today

Did you see my water wolf report? The channel might be the place to be right now....

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey Tom & Ryan, guys I just don't know if I'm up for much of anything this weekend. I'm so run down I'm doing good just to get myself to work in the morning.

I know I have a bunch of stuff to get done but I really need some rest too. Staying home, sleeping in till like 8AM Saturday morning, having a cup of coffee and going out to the garage to tinker with a couple of snowmobiles, and some work on the tucker.. That is probably the wise choice for me this weekend.

I appreciate the offers guys but I think I gotta lay low & get caught up on rest this weekend.

I'll stick around home and try to get all my repairs/projects at home done this weekend and maybe shoot for next weekend for moving the fish house. It's nice if you can move the house out then actually fish in it too. I don't think that's possible for this weekend, maybe next weekend though.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Electric Augers?? Propane Augers??

WOW! I am behind the times...

frown

I've got an old Strike Master hand auger that still does the job. It works just fine as long as the operator doesn't run out of gas. smile

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No problem man. Get some rest.

Me and Betsy still are planning on coming up on the wekend of Jan 20th. You still game for that?

Page 579 of 1,842 1 2 577 578 579 580 581 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.