Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I recently aquired a Black and Grey Laminated Varmint style stock (Wide Forend) which was on a Browning A-Bolt .300 Win Mag. Comes with sling studs and recoil pad. I do not know the manufacturer of this stock. Asking $150.00, will split shipping costs.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
BUMP. Offers accepted. Trades?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
BTT, Make me an offer fellas, otherwise I might have to buy something to put in it!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Chumley..

Just some thought on an ID as to the maker of the stock.
Browning put a SIMILAR(but bit that same) stock on their A-bolt Varmints..

Three things rule out it being a factory Browning stock- First of all, they were all checkered, Secondly, I don't think they ever made that model in a Magnum length action and Third, that stock has a magnum posrter weight barrel- all of the Browning stocks I have seen were cut for Heavy barrels..

So, that leaves custom makers. The most likely custom Laminate stock maker that could have built given the design/cost is Richards Microfit, out in California. It is their "Marksman" style stock which is a copy of the old Winchester M70 Marksman stock. Someone bought it unfinished from Richards and very nicely fitted and finished it..

That is my considered opinion...

Good looking stock for the $$$.

Last edited by jim62; 03/07/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks for the insight Jim!

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
One last bump. If anyone thinks I'm off base on the price, let me know.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Trades?

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Varmint shooting time is coming up....

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Bump back from the graveyard.....

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Still have this stock. It's just taking up space

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
BTT. $125 shipped in lower 48

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
$100 ????

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
BUMP. Cleaning house and paying off an enganement ring....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'll take it for 100.00 shipped.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
SPF to Dakotakid. PM sent for payment details

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 30 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,882
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.